Words starting with pterous
Maybe these words will be useful:
- ptero- — wing, feather, or a part resembling a wing
- pterocarpous — having winged fruit.
- pterodactyl — any of a number of genera of flying reptiles of the extinct order Pterosauria, from the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods, having a highly reduced tail and teeth and a birdlike beak.
- pteroma — pteron.
- pteron — (in a classical temple) a colonnade parallel to, but apart from, the cella.
- pteropod — belonging or pertaining to the Pteropoda, a group of mollusks having the lateral portions of the foot expanded into winglike lobes used in swimming.
- pteropodium — the foot of a pteropod.
- pterosaur — any flying reptile of the extinct order Pterosauria, from the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods, having the outside digit of the forelimb greatly elongated and supporting a wing membrane.