Words starting with pt
2 letter words starting with pt
3 letter words starting with pt
4 letter words starting with pt
- pta. — peseta.
- ptah — an ancient Egyptian deity, believed to be a universal creator and sometimes identified with other gods: worshiped especially at Memphis when it was the royal residence.
- ptca — percutaneous translumenal coronary angioplasty, a technique for inserting a catheter into an artery to prevent congestive heart disease
- ptfe — polytetrafluoroethylene
- ptsd — PTSD is an abbreviation for post-traumatic stress disorder.
6 letter words starting with pt
- pterin — any of a group of substances which occur naturally as insect pigments
- ptero- — wing, feather, or a part resembling a wing
- pteron — (in a classical temple) a colonnade parallel to, but apart from, the cella.
- ptisan — a nourishing decoction, originally one made from barley, purported to have medicinal quality.
- ptooey — an imitation of the sound of spitting
7 letter words starting with pt
- ptarmic — a material that causes sneezing
- pterion — the craniometric point at the side of the sphenoidal fontanelle.
- pteroma — pteron.
- pteryla — one of the feathered areas on the skin of a bird.
- ptolemy — (Claudius Ptolemaeus) flourished a.d. 127–151, Hellenistic mathematician, astronomer, and geographer in Alexandria.
8 letter words starting with pt
- pteropod — belonging or pertaining to the Pteropoda, a group of mollusks having the lateral portions of the foot expanded into winglike lobes used in swimming.
- pterylae — one of the feathered areas on the skin of a bird.
- pthreads — POSIX Threads
- ptilosis — the falling out of eye lashes
- ptomaine — any of a class of foul-smelling nitrogenous substances produced by bacteria during putrefaction of animal or plant protein: formerly thought to be toxic.
9 letter words starting with pt
- ptarmigan — any of several grouses of the genus Lagopus, of mountainous and cold northern regions, having feathered feet.
- pteridine — a yellow, crystalline, heteroaromatic compound having a bicyclic molecular structure; any substituted derivative of this, examples of which occur naturally, esp as vitamins of the B group and insect pigments. Formula: C6H4N4
- pterosaur — any flying reptile of the extinct order Pterosauria, from the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods, having the outside digit of the forelimb greatly elongated and supporting a wing membrane.
- pterygial — an abnormal triangular mass of thickened conjunctiva extending over the cornea and interfering with vision.
- pterygium — an abnormal triangular mass of thickened conjunctiva extending over the cornea and interfering with vision.
10 letter words starting with pt
- pteranodon — a flying reptile of the extinct order Pterosauria, from the Cretaceous Period, having a wingspread of about 25 feet (8 meters).
- pterylosis — the arrangement of feathers on a bird
- ptolemaeus — a walled plain in the third quadrant of the face of the moon: about 90 miles (144 km) in diameter.
- ptolemaist — an adherent or advocate of the Ptolemaic system of astronomy.
11 letter words starting with pt
- pteridology — the branch of botany dealing with ferns and related plants, as the horsetails and club mosses.
- pterodactyl — any of a number of genera of flying reptiles of the extinct order Pterosauria, from the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods, having a highly reduced tail and teeth and a birdlike beak.
- pteropodium — the foot of a pteropod.
- ptochocracy — government by the poor
- ptyalagogic — saliva-inducing
12 letter words starting with pt
- pteridomania — an excessive enthusiasm for ferns
- pteridophyte — any plant of the division Pteridophyta, characterized by vascular tissue and differentiation into root, stem, and leaves, comprising the ferns, horsetails, and club mosses.
- pteridosperm — seed fern.
- pterocarpous — having winged fruit.
- pterosaurian — a pterosaur
13 letter words starting with pt
- pterylography — the description of the feather arrangement on birds
14 letter words starting with pt
On this page, we collect all words starting with PT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 77 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with PT. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.