Words starting with pr
3 letter words starting with pr
- pra — PRAgmatics. The language used by COPS for specification of code generators.
- prb — (after the signatures of Pre-Raphaelite painters) Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood
- prc — People's Republic of China
- pre christmas — the annual festival of the Christian church commemorating the birth of Jesus: celebrated on December 25 and now generally observed as a legal holiday and an occasion for exchanging gifts.
4 letter words starting with pr
5 letter words starting with pr
- prado — an art gallery in Madrid housing an important collection of Spanish paintings
- prae- — pre-
- praha — a city in and the capital of the Czech Republic, in the W central part, on the Vltava: formerly capital of Czechoslovakia.
- prahu — proa.
- praia — a republic consisting of a group of islands (Cape Verde Islands) in the Atlantic, W of Senegal in W Africa: formerly an overseas territory of Portugal; gained independence in 1975. 1557 sq. mi. (4033 sq. km). Capital: Praia.
6 letter words starting with pr
- prague — a republic in central Europe: includes the regions of Bohemia, Moravia, and part of Silesia; formerly part of Czechoslovakia; independent since 1993. 30,449 sq. mi. (78,864 sq. km). Capital: Prague.
- praise — the act of expressing approval or admiration; commendation; laudation.
- prajna — pure and unqualified knowledge.
- prance — to spring from the hind legs; to move by springing, as a horse.
- pranky — inclined to play pranks.
7 letter words starting with pr
- practic — practical.
- pradesh — a state, esp a state in the Union of India
- praetor — (in the ancient Roman republic) one of a number of elected magistrates charged chiefly with the administration of civil justice and ranking next below a consul.
- prairie — a historical novel (1827) by James Fenimore Cooper.
- praised — the act of expressing approval or admiration; commendation; laudation.
8 letter words starting with pr
- practice — habitual or customary performance; operation: office practice.
- practise — habitual or customary performance; operation: office practice.
- praecipe — any of various legal writs commanding a defendant to do something or to appear and show why it should not be done.
- praedial — of, relating to, or consisting of land or its products; real; landed.
- praefect — a person appointed to any of various positions of command, authority, or superintendence, as a chief magistrate in ancient Rome or the chief administrative official of a department of France or Italy.
9 letter words starting with pr
- pracharak — (in India) a person appointed to propagate a cause through personal contact, meetings, public lectures, etc
- practical — of or relating to practice or action: practical mathematics.
- practiced — skilled or expert; proficient through practice or experience: a practiced hand at politics.
- practicer — habitual or customary performance; operation: office practice.
- practicum — (in a college or university) the part of a course consisting of practical work in a particular field.
10 letter words starting with pr
- practicers — habitual or customary performance; operation: office practice.
- practicing — actively working at a profession, especially medicine or law.
- practising — habitual or customary performance; operation: office practice.
- praemunire — a writ charging the offense of resorting to a foreign court or authority, as that of the pope, and thus calling in question the supremacy of the English crown.
- praepostor — a senior student at an English public school who is given authority over other students.
11 letter words starting with pr
- practicable — capable of being done, effected, or put into practice, with the available means; feasible: a practicable solution.
- practically — in effect; virtually: It is practically useless to protest.
- praenestine — of or relating to the ancient town of Praeneste in Italy, or to the Latin dialect spoken there.
- praetorship — the office of a praetor.
- pragmatical — of or relating to a practical point of view or practical considerations.
12 letter words starting with pr
- practicalism — devotion to practical matters.
- practicalist — devotion to practical matters.
- practicality — of or relating to practice or action: practical mathematics.
- practitioner — a person engaged in the practice of a profession, occupation, etc.: a medical practitioner.
- pragmaticism — the pragmatist philosophy of C. S. Peirce, chiefly a theory of meaning: so called by him to distinguish it from the pragmatism of William James.
13 letter words starting with pr
- practicalness — of or relating to practice or action: practical mathematics.
- praecipitatio — Meteorology. precipitation from a cloud that reaches the surface of the earth (distinguished from virga).
- praetorianism — the control of a society by force or fraud, especially when exercised through titular officials and by a powerful minority.
- pragmatically — of or relating to a practical point of view or practical considerations.
- praxiological — the study of human conduct.
14 letter words starting with pr
- practicability — capable of being done, effected, or put into practice, with the available means; feasible: a practicable solution.
- practice-teach — to work as a practice teacher.
- prairie-grouse — prairie chicken.
- prawn-sandwich — characterizing or belonging to the type of spectator at a football match who is motivated to attend more by the corporate hospitality available than a true devotion to a particular club
- pre-acceptance — the act of taking or receiving something offered.
15 letter words starting with pr
- prairie-dogging — (in an open-plan office) the practice of looking over the top of one's partition in order to discover the source of or reason for a commotion
- prajna-paramita — a series of sutras dealing with the perfection of wisdom: systematized by the Madhyamikas.
- pre-acquisition — the act of acquiring or gaining possession: the acquisition of real estate.
- pre-advertising — to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.
- pre-arrangement — to arrange in advance or beforehand.
16 letter words starting with pr
- pre-conversation — informal interchange of thoughts, information, etc., by spoken words; oral communication between persons; talk; colloquy.
- pre-emancipation — the act of emancipating.
- pre-independence — Also, independency. the state or quality of being independent.
- pre-registration — the act of registering.
- pre-solicitation — the act of soliciting.
17 letter words starting with pr
- pre-authorization — the act of authorizing.
- pre-communication — the act or process of communicating; fact of being communicated.
- pre-concentration — the act of concentrating; the state of being concentrated.
- pre-configuration — the relative disposition or arrangement of the parts or elements of a thing.
- pre-enlightenment — the act of enlightening.
18 letter words starting with pr
On this page, we collect all words starting with PR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4681 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with PR. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.