Words starting with ou
2 letter words starting with ou
- ou — A fruit-eating Hawaiian honeycreeper with a stout bill and green and yellow plumage.
3 letter words starting with ou
4 letter words starting with ou
5 letter words starting with ou
- oubit — a hairy caterpillar
- ouche — (poetic) A brooch or clasp for fastening a piece of clothing together, especially when valuable or set with jewels.
- oudry — Jean-Baptiste (ʒɑ̃batist). 1686–1755, French rococo painter and tapestry designer, noted esp for animal and hunting scenes
- oueme — a river in Benin, flowing S to the Bight of Benin near Porto Novo. About 310 miles (500 km) long.
- ouens — Plural form of ou.
6 letter words starting with ou
7 letter words starting with ou
- ouabain — a glycoside occurring as a white, crystalline powder, C 2 9 H 4 4 O 1 2 , obtained from the seeds of a shrub, Strophanthus gratus, or from the wood of trees of the genus Acokanthera, and used in medicine chiefly as a cardiac stimulant.
- ouakari — Alternative form of uakari.
- oubangi — French name of Ubangi.
- oughten — (colloquial, or, dialectical) ought not, oughtn't.
- oughter — (archaic, or, dialectal) Ought to.
8 letter words starting with ou
9 letter words starting with ou
- ouanderoo — Archaic form of wanderoo.
- oubliette — a secret dungeon with an opening only in the ceiling, as in certain old castles.
- oughtlins — in the least; to the least degree.
- oughtness — the state of being right
- oulujarvi — a lake in central Finland, draining through the Oulu River to the Gulf of Bothnia.
10 letter words starting with ou
11 letter words starting with ou
- ouagadougou — a republic in W Africa: formerly part of French West Africa. 106,111 sq. mi. (274,827 sq. km). Capital: Ouagadougou.
- out-a-sight — out-of-sight.
- out-and-out — complete; total; thoroughgoing: an out-and-out lie.
- out-compete — to strive to outdo another for acknowledgment, a prize, supremacy, profit, etc.; engage in a contest; vie: to compete in a race; to compete in business.
- out-country — a remote area or region; hinterland.
12 letter words starting with ou
- out-building — a detached building subordinate to a main building.
- out-marriage — a marriage to someone outside one's ethnic group
- out-of-court — conducted or agreed upon between contending parties without court decision: an out-of-court settlement of a lawsuit.
- out-of-doors — Also, out-of-door. outdoor.
- out-of-print — being no longer published; no longer printed or reprinted: a bookstore specializing in out-of-print books.
13 letter words starting with ou
- out-and-outer — a person who does things with excessive thoroughness; extremist.
- out-of-bounds — Sports. being beyond or passing the limits or boundaries of a field, course, etc., marking the area within which the ball, puck, or the like is legally in play.
- out-of-pocket — paid out in cash or from one's own financial resources and sometimes reimbursed: My out-of-pocket travel expenses included taking business clients to dinner.
- out-of-stater — a visitor from another state of the U.S.: Many out-of-staters come to our summer music festival.
- out-of-towner — a visitor from another town or city: The World's Fair brought many out-of-towners to New Orleans.
14 letter words starting with ou
- out-of-the-way — remote from much-traveled, frequented, or populous regions; secluded: an out-of-the-way inn up in the hills.
- outgeneralling — Present participle of outgeneral.
- outlandishness — The quality of being outlandish.
- outmaneuvering — Present participle of outmaneuver.
- outmanoeuvring — Present participle of outmanoeuvre.
15 letter words starting with ou
On this page, we collect all words starting with OU. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1149 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with OU. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.