Words starting with ort
3 letter words starting with ort
- ort — Usually, orts. a scrap or morsel of food left at a meal.
4 letter words starting with ort
- orts — Usually, orts. a scrap or morsel of food left at a meal.
5 letter words starting with ort
6 letter words starting with ort
- ortega — Daniel, full surname Ortega Saavedra. born 1945, Nicaraguan politician and former resistance leader; president of Nicaragua (1985–90) and from 2007
- ortho- — straight or upright
- orthos — Plural form of ortho.
- ortler — a range of the Alps in N Italy.
- ortles — a range of the Alps in N Italy. Highest peak: 3899 m (12 792 ft)
7 letter words starting with ort
8 letter words starting with ort
- orthicon — a camera tube, more sensitive than the iconoscope, in which a beam of low-velocity electrons scans a photoemissive mosaic.
- orthodox — of, relating to, or conforming to the approved form of any doctrine, philosophy, ideology, etc.
- orthoepy — the study of correct pronunciation.
- orthopod — an orthopedist.
- orthoses — Plural form of orthosis.
9 letter words starting with ort
- ortanique — A citrus fruit that is a cross between an orange and a tangerine, developed in Jamaica in the 1920s.
- orthoaxis — the axis in a crystal
- orthodoxy — orthodox belief or practice.
- orthoepic — Of or pertaining to orthoepy.
- orthogamy — (botany) fertilization of the ovules of a plant by pollen from the same plant.
10 letter words starting with ort
- orthoboric — (chemistry) boric (especially when compared with other oxyacid species of boron).
- orthocaine — a methyl ester used for local anaesthesia
- orthoclase — a common white or pink mineral of the feldspar group, KAlSi 3 O 8 , having two good cleavages at right angles, and found in silica-rich igneous rocks: used in the manufacture of porcelain.
- orthodoxly — In a correct or proper way; conventionally; correctly. (from 17th c.).
- orthodrome — (geometry) a great circle, or part of one.
11 letter words starting with ort
- orthoborate — (inorganic chemistry) Any anion derived from orthoboric acid; any salt containing this anion.
- orthocartan — (mathematics, tool) A system for symbolic mathematics, especially General Relativity, written by A. Krasinski of Warsaw in the early 1980s.
- orthocenter — the point of intersection of the three altitudes of a triangle.
- orthocentre — Point at which the perpendiculars from the angles of a triangle intersect.
- orthoclases — Plural form of orthoclase.
12 letter words starting with ort
- ortho-cousin — parallel cousin.
- ortho-xylene — Chemistry. a clear, colorless, poisonous, flammable liquid, C 8 H 10 , the ortho isomer of xylene: used chiefly in the synthesis of phthalic anhydride.
- orthocenters — Plural form of orthocenter.
- orthoclastic — (of a crystal) having cleavages at right angles to each other.
- orthocousins — the children of two brothers or two sisters
13 letter words starting with ort
- orthocephalic — having a medium or intermediate relation between the height of the skull and the breadth or length.
- orthodiagonal — the axis in a crystal
- orthodontists — Plural form of orthodontist.
- orthoepically — In terms of correct pronunciation.
- orthognathous — straight-jawed; having the profile of the face vertical or nearly so; having a gnathic index below 98.
14 letter words starting with ort
- orthochromatic — representing correctly the relations of colors as found in a subject; isochromatic.
- orthographical — Of, or relating to orthography; spelled correctly.
- orthomolecular — being or pertaining to the treatment of disease by increasing, decreasing, or otherwise controlling the intake of natural substances, especially vitamins. Compare megavitamin (def 1).
- orthomyxovirus — Any RNA virus of Orthomyxoviridae family characterised by having two long glycoprotein spikes.
- orthonormalize — (mathematics) To make a set of vectors both orthogonal and normalized.
15 letter words starting with ort
- ortho-toluidine — Chemistry. a light-yellow, very slightly water-soluble liquid, C 7 H 9 N, the ortho isomer of toluidine: used in the manufacture of dyes, saccharin, and other organic compounds, and in textile printing processes.
- orthodontically — from an orthodontic point of view
- orthokeratology — a technique for correcting refractive errors in vision by changing the shape of the cornea with the temporary use of progressively flatter hard contact lenses.
- orthopaedically — in an orthopaedic manner
- orthophosphoric — (chemistry) Describing the ordinary form of phosphoric acid and its derivatives.
16 letter words starting with ort
- orthographically — In an orthographical manner; using proper spelling, capitalization and grammar.
- orthosympathetic — Of or pertaining to the sympathetic component of the autonomic nervous system.
- ortho-phosphoric acid — a colorless, crystalline solid, H 3 PO 4 , the tribasic acid of pentavalent phosphorus: used chiefly in fertilizers, as a source of phosphorus salts, and in soft drinks as an acidulant and flavoring agent.
- orthophosphorous acid — a white to yellowish, crystalline, hygroscopic, water-soluble solid, H 3 PO 3 , used chiefly in the synthesis of phosphites.
17 letter words starting with ort
21 letter words starting with ort
- ortho-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid with a pleasant odor, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , used as a solvent for a wide range of organic materials.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ORT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 185 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ORT. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.