Words starting with op
2 letter words starting with op
- op — op art.
- op amp — An op amp is a high gain amplifier to which feedback may be applied to control and tailor its operation.
- op art — a style of abstract art in which lines, forms, and space are organized in such a way as to provide optical illusions of an ambiguous nature, as alternately advancing and receding squares on a flat surface.
- op code — operation code
3 letter words starting with op
4 letter words starting with op
- opac — Online Public Access Catalog
- opah — a large, deep-bodied, brilliantly colored, oceanic food fish, Lampris regius.
- opal — a female given name.
- opan — Oregon Public Affairs Network
- opec — an organization founded in 1960 of nations that export large amounts of petroleum: formed to establish oil-exporting policies and set prices.
5 letter words starting with op
- op-ed — a newspaper page devoted to signed articles by commentators, essayists, humorists, etc., of varying viewpoints: the Op-Ed of today's New York Times.
- opake — Alternative form of opaque.
- opals — Plural form of opal.
- opens — Plural form of open.
- opepe — a West African tree, esp Nauclea diderrichii (family Rubiaceae), or the yellow wood of this tree
6 letter words starting with op
- opacus — (of a cloud) dense enough to obscure the sun or moon.
- opaled — made like an opal, in terms of iridescence
- opaque — not transparent or translucent; impenetrable to light; not allowing light to pass through.
- opcode — (computing) A mnemonic used to refer to a microprocessor instruction in assembly language.
- opened — not closed or barred at the time, as a doorway by a door, a window by a sash, or a gateway by a gate: to leave the windows open at night.
7 letter words starting with op
- opacify — to cause to become opaque.
- opacity — the state or quality of being opaque.
- opaleye — a green game fish, Girella nigricans, common off rocky shores from California southward, having opalescent blue eyes.
- opaline — of or like opal; opalescent.
- opalize — To convert into a form of opal or chalcedony, especially to convert wood into such a fossilized form.
8 letter words starting with op
- opalesce — to exhibit a play of colors like that of the opal.
- opalized — made into an opal
- opaquely — not transparent or translucent; impenetrable to light; not allowing light to pass through.
- open-air — existing in, taking place in, or characteristic of the open air; outdoor: The orchestra gave three open-air concerts last summer.
- open-cut — noting or pertaining to a type of surface mining in which coal and other flat-lying mineral deposits are removed by the excavation of long, narrow trenches.
9 letter words starting with op
10 letter words starting with op
- opalescent — exhibiting a play of colors like that of the opal.
- opalescing — Present participle of opalesce.
- opaqueness — The characteristic of being opaque.
- open-carry — the practice of publicly carrying a gun or other weapon that is fully or partially visible.
- open-ended — not having fixed limits; unrestricted; broad: an open-ended discussion.
11 letter words starting with op
- opalescence — exhibiting a play of colors like that of the opal.
- opeidoscope — an instrument which represents sound visually
- open-handed — generous; liberal: openhanded hospitality.
- open-hearth — noting, pertaining to, or produced by the open-hearth process.
- open-minded — having or showing a mind receptive to new ideas or arguments.
12 letter words starting with op
- opalescently — In an opalescent manner.
- open-concept — (in a house or office) having few or no internal walls or partitions
- open-hearted — unreserved, candid, or frank: open-hearted advice.
- open-mouthed — having the mouth open.
- opendocument — (file format, standard) (ODF, ISO/IEC 26300, OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications) An XML file format for office documents, such as spreadsheets, charts, presentations, databases and word processing. OpenDocument was developed by the Open Office XML technical committee of the Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS) consortium. It is based on the XML format originally created and implemented by the OpenOffice.org office suite. OpenDocument is an open standard, i.e. freely available and implementable. Compare OOXML.
13 letter words starting with op
- opacification — to cause to become opaque.
- open-and-shut — immediately obvious upon consideration; easily decided: an open-and-shut case of murder.
- open-standard — (of computer programs, codes, etc) freely available to all users
- open-timbered — constructed so that the timbers are exposed.
- openendedness — not having fixed limits; unrestricted; broad: an open-ended discussion.
14 letter words starting with op
- opechancanough — c1545–1644, Algonquian leader, brother of Powhatan: led Jamestown massacre 1622.
- openhandedness — The characteristic of being openhanded.
- openmindedness — Alternative form of open-mindedness.
- openoffice.org — (project) (OOo) The group that produces a free (GPL) cross-platform office suite that provides much of the same functionality as Microsoft Office including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and graphics. Each program can read and write both its own and Microsoft formats.
- operationalise — Alternative spelling of operationalize.
15 letter words starting with op
- open-pollinated — (of a flower) pollinated without human agency.
- openmouthedness — the state or condition of being filled with amazement and wonder
- operationalised — Simple past tense and past participle of operationalise.
- operationalized — Simple past tense and past participle of operationalize.
- ophthalmologist — a doctor of medicine specializing in ophthalmology.
16 letter words starting with op
- open-pollination — the pollination of open flowers by insects, the wind, etc. without human action
- operating-system — the collection of software that directs a computer's operations, controlling and scheduling the execution of other programs, and managing storage, input/output, and communication resources. Abbreviation: OS.
- operationalizing — Present participle of operationalize.
- ophthalmological — Pertaining to ophthalmology.
- ophthalmologists — Plural form of ophthalmologist.
17 letter words starting with op
18 letter words starting with op
20 letter words starting with op
- ophthalmodynamometer — a device for determining the nearest point of ocular convergence.
On this page, we collect all words starting with OP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 803 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with OP. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.