Words starting with om
2 letter words starting with om
- om — a mantric word thought to be a complete expression of Brahman and interpreted as having three sounds representing Brahma or creation, Vishnu or preservation, and Siva or destruction, or as consisting of the same three sounds, representing waking, dreams, and deep sleep, along with the following silence, which is fulfillment.
3 letter words starting with om
4 letter words starting with om
- oman — Sultanate of. Formerly Muscat and Oman. an independent sultanate in SE Arabia. About 82,800 sq. mi. (212,380 sq. km). Capital: Muscat.
- omar — a male given name.
- ombu — a South American tree, Phytolacca dioica, having a thick trunk and large, evergreen leaves.
- omen — anything perceived or happening that is believed to portend a good or evil event or circumstance in the future; portent.
- omer — a Hebrew unit of dry measure, the tenth part of an ephah.
5 letter words starting with om
6 letter words starting with om
7 letter words starting with om
- omakase — (Japanese cuisine) Chef's choice.
- omayyad — a member of the dynasty that ruled at Damascus a.d. 661–750, claiming descent from Omayya, cousin of the grandfather of Muhammad the Prophet.
- omelets — Plural form of omelet.
- omental — a fold of the peritoneum connecting the stomach and the abdominal viscera forming a protective and supportive covering.
- omentum — a fold of the peritoneum connecting the stomach and the abdominal viscera forming a protective and supportive covering.
8 letter words starting with om
- omadhaun — a foolish man or boy
- omdurman — a city in central Sudan, on the White Nile opposite Khartoum: British victory 1898.
- omelette — eggs beaten until frothy, often combined with other ingredients, as herbs, chopped ham, cheese, or jelly, and cooked until set.
- omicrons — Plural form of omicron.
- omission — the act of omitting.
9 letter words starting with om
- ombudsman — a government official who hears and investigates complaints by private citizens against other officials or government agencies.
- ombudsmen — Plural form of ombudsman.
- omelettes — Plural form of omelette.
- ominating — Present participle of ominate.
- omination — (obsolete) The act of ominating; presaging; omen.
10 letter words starting with om
- ombrellino — the white silk canopy held over the Eucharist while transferring it from one place to another, especially from the main altar to a side altar.
- ombrometer — An instrument for measuring rainfall.
- ombrophile — a plant which survives well or flourishes in rainy conditions
- ombrophobe — a plant which does not survive in or tolerate rainy conditions
- omeprazole — a drug, C 17 H 19 N 3 O 3 S, that inhibits the formation of gastric acid, used in the treatment of peptic ulcers and gastroesophageal reflux disease.
11 letter words starting with om
- ombrogenous — (of plants) able to flourish in wet conditions
- ombudswoman — a woman employed to investigate complaints against government or institutional officials, employers, etc.
- ombudswomen — Plural form of ombudswoman.
- ominousness — portending evil or harm; foreboding; threatening; inauspicious: an ominous bank of dark clouds.
- ommatophore — a tentacle or movable stalk bearing an eye, as in certain snails.
12 letter words starting with om
13 letter words starting with om
14 letter words starting with om
- omnibenevolent — All-loving, or infinitely good, usually in reference to a deity or supernatural being, for example, 'God'. Its use is often with regards to the divine triad, whereby a deity is described to be simultaneously omniscient, omnipotent and omnibenevolent. This triad is used especially with the Christian god, Yahweh.
- omnipercipient — Perceiving everything.
- omnivorousness — eating both animal and plant foods.
- omphalocentric — Overly introspective and inclined to navel-gazing.
- omphaloskepsis — contemplation of one's navel as part of a mystical exercise.
15 letter words starting with om
- omega-algebraic — In domain theory, a complete partial order is algebraic if every element is the lub of some chain of compact elements. If the set of compact elements is countable it is omega-algebraic. Usually written with a Greek letter omega (LaTeX \omega).
- omnibenevolence — unlimited kindness and generosity
- omnidirectional — sending or receiving signals in all directions: an omnidirectional microphone.
- omnium-gatherum — a miscellaneous collection.
17 letter words starting with om
- omphalomesenteric — (anatomy) Of or pertaining to the umbilicus and mesentery.
On this page, we collect all words starting with OM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 206 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with OM. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.