Words starting with off
3 letter words starting with off
- off — so as to be no longer supported or attached: This button is about to come off.
- off air — operating by means of air pressure or by acting upon air: an air drill; an air pump.
- off and on — so as to be no longer supported or attached: This button is about to come off.
- off balance — If you are off balance, you are in an unsteady position and about to fall.
- off base — serving as or forming a base: The walls will need a base coat and two finishing coats.
4 letter words starting with off
5 letter words starting with off
- offal — the parts of a butchered animal that are considered inedible by human beings; carrion.
- offed — so as to be no longer supported or attached: This button is about to come off.
- offen — Eye dialect of often.
- offer — to present for acceptance or rejection; proffer: He offered me a cigarette.
- offie — An off-licence.
6 letter words starting with off
- offaly — a county in Leinster, in the central Republic of Ireland. 760 sq. mi. (1970 sq. km). County seat: Tullamore.
- offcut — (transitive) To cut off.
- offend — to irritate, annoy, or anger; cause resentful displeasure in: Even the hint of prejudice offends me.
- offers — Plural form of offer.
- offiah — Martin. born 1965, English Rugby League football player: scored 26 tries in 33 matches for Great Britain (1988–1994)
7 letter words starting with off
- off-air — not broadcast, but said, played, or happening in a radio or television studio context.
- off-key — deviating from the correct tone or pitch; out of tune.
- offbase — Alternative form of off base.
- offbeat — differing from the usual or expected; unconventional: an offbeat comedian.
- offcast — discarded or rejected; castoff: his offcast suits.
8 letter words starting with off
- off-base — located outside the perimeters of a military base: off-base housing for officers.
- off-beam — If you describe something or someone as off-beam, you mean that they are wrong or inaccurate.
- off-beat — to strike violently or forcefully and repeatedly.
- off-duty — not engaged in the performance of one's usual work: an off-duty police officer.
- off-grid — energy: not from main supply
9 letter words starting with off
- off-board — not carried, installed, etc., within a vehicle or electronic device: offboard software to track and control the robot's movement.
- off-brand — not having a recognized or popular brand or name: an off-brand TV set.
- off-color — not having the usual or standard color: an off-color gem.
- off-glide — a transitional sound produced as the vocal organs move from a previous speech sound to an inactive position or to the position of a following sound. Compare on-glide.
- off-guard — to keep safe from harm or danger; protect; watch over: to guard the ruler.
10 letter words starting with off
- off-and-on — so as to be no longer supported or attached: This button is about to come off.
- off-budget — not included in the regular federal budget; funded through separate agencies.
- off-camera — occurring as part of a film or program but outside the range of the motion-picture or television camera: the off-camera shouts of a mob.
- off-campus — located or available outside a campus.
- off-center — not centered; diverging from the exact center.
11 letter words starting with off
- off-licence — a license permitting the sale of sealed bottles of alcoholic beverages to be taken away from the premises by the purchaser.
- off-license — a license permitting the sale of sealed bottles of alcoholic beverages to be taken away from the premises by the purchaser.
- off-message — straying from or contradicting the central theme or official message of a political, business, or other organization: The last speaker was way off-message with his bad jokes and irrelevant anecdotes.
- off-putting — provoking uneasiness, dislike, annoyance, or repugnance; disturbing or disagreeable.
- off-reserve — located on or living in a place that is not part of a designated Indian reserve
12 letter words starting with off
- off-broadway — experimental or avant-garde drama produced in New York City, in small theaters, halls, churches, etc.
- off-islander — a temporary or seasonal resident of an island; island visitor or tourist.
- off-the-cuff — with little or no preparation; extemporaneous; impromptu: a speaker with a good off-the-cuff delivery.
- off-the-face — (of a woman's hat) made without a brim.
- off-the-rack — (of clothing) not made to specific or individual requirements; ready-made: off-the-rack men's suits.
13 letter words starting with off
- off-the-books — not recorded in account books or not reported as taxable income.
- off-the-shelf — readily available from merchandise in stock.
- offensiveness — causing resentful displeasure; highly irritating, angering, or annoying: offensive television commercials.
- offhandedness — cavalierly, curtly, or brusquely: to reply offhand.
- office-holder — An office-holder is a person who has an important official position in an organization or government.
14 letter words starting with off
- off-the-record — not for publication; not to be quoted: a candidate's off-the-record remarks to reporters.
16 letter words starting with off
On this page, we collect all words starting with OFF. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 349 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with OFF. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.