Words starting with ne
2 letter words starting with ne
3 letter words starting with ne
4 letter words starting with ne
5 letter words starting with ne
6 letter words starting with ne
- neanic — of or relating to the early stages in the life cycle of an organism, esp the pupal stage of an insect
- neaped — grounded until the next cycle of spring tides.
- nearby — close at hand; not far off; adjacent; neighboring: a nearby village.
- neared — close; to a point or place not far away: Come near so I won't have to shout.
- nearer — close; to a point or place not far away: Come near so I won't have to shout.
7 letter words starting with ne
- nearest — close; to a point or place not far away: Come near so I won't have to shout.
- nearing — close; to a point or place not far away: Come near so I won't have to shout.
- neatest — in a pleasingly orderly and clean condition: a neat room.
- neatnik — a person who is extremely neat about surroundings, appearance, etc.
- nebbish — a pitifully ineffectual, luckless, and timid person.
8 letter words starting with ne
- ne'erday — New Year's Day
- nearctic — belonging or pertaining to a geographical division comprising temperate Greenland and arctic North America, sometimes including high mountainous regions of the northern Temperate Zone.
- nearness — close; to a point or place not far away: Come near so I won't have to shout.
- nearside — (British) the left side of a road vehicle when facing in the same direction as the vehicle.
- neatherd — cowherd.
9 letter words starting with ne
- near-term — for, covering, or involving the very near future: the near-term prospects for lower interest rates.
- nearshore — extending from or occurring along a shore.
- nebraskan — of or relating to Nebraska.
- nebulated — having dim or indistinct markings, as a bird or other animal.
- nebulizer — to reduce to fine spray; atomize.
10 letter words starting with ne
- neapolitan — of, relating to, or characteristic of Naples: a Neapolitan love song.
- near-point — the point nearest the eye at which an object is clearly focused on the retina when accommodation of the eye is at a maximum.
- near-rhyme — rhyme in which either the vowels or the consonants of stressed syllables are identical, as in eyes, light; years, yours.
- nebulosity — nebulous or nebular matter.
- nebulously — hazy, vague, indistinct, or confused: a nebulous recollection of the meeting; a nebulous distinction between pride and conceit.
11 letter words starting with ne
- neanderthal — of or relating to Neanderthal man.
- neanthropic — of or relating to modern forms of humans as compared with extinct species of the genus Homo.
- nearshoring — the practice of moving one's employees or business activities from a distant country back to a country that is nearby: The U.S.-based company is focusing on the nearshoring of its customer-service operations from India to Canada. Compare offshoring.
- nearsighted — seeing distinctly at a short distance only; myopic.
- necessarian — (philosophy, theology) An adherent of necessarianism, an advocate of the doctrine of necessity.
12 letter words starting with ne
- near-sighted — seeing distinctly at a short distance only; myopic.
- nebulization — to reduce to fine spray; atomize.
- necessitated — to make necessary or unavoidable: The breakdown of the car necessitated a change in our plans.
- necrological — a list of persons who have died within a certain time.
- necromimesis — a pathological state in which a person believes himself or herself to be dead.
13 letter words starting with ne
- ne'er-do-well — an idle, worthless person; a person who is ineffectual, unsuccessful, or completely lacking in merit; good-for-nothing.
- necessariness — being essential, indispensable, or requisite: a necessary part of the motor.
- necessitarian — a person who advocates or supports necessitarianism (distinguished from libertarian).
- necessitating — to make necessary or unavoidable: The breakdown of the car necessitated a change in our plans.
- necessitation — to make necessary or unavoidable: The breakdown of the car necessitated a change in our plans.
14 letter words starting with ne
- neanderthaloid — resembling or characteristic of the physical type of Neanderthal man.
- nebuchadnezzar — Also, Nebuchadrezzar [neb-uh-kuh d-rez-er, neb-yoo-] /ˌnɛb ə kədˈrɛz ər, ˌnɛb yʊ-/ (Show IPA). a king of Babylonia, 604?–561? b.c., and conqueror of Jerusalem. II Kings 24, 25.
- needle-pointer — embroidery upon canvas, usually with uniform spacing of stitches in a pattern.
- neighborliness — having or showing qualities befitting a neighbor; friendly.
- neo-kantianism — Kantianism as modified by various philosophers.
15 letter words starting with ne
- nearsightedness — seeing distinctly at a short distance only; myopic.
- necrobacillosis — any disease of cattle, horses, sheep, and swine marked by necrotic areas in which a bacillus, Fusobacterium necrophorum, is found.
- neo-hegelianism — Hegelianism as modified by various philosophers of the latter half of the 19th century.
- neo-lutheranism — a movement begun in the 19th century in Germany and Scandinavia to revive the orthodox principles, beliefs, and practices of the Lutheran Church.
- neo-pentecostal — charismatic (def 2).
16 letter words starting with ne
- necessitarianism — the doctrine that all events, including acts of the will, are determined by antecedent causes; determinism.
- negative-raising — a rule that moves a negative element out of the complement clause of certain verbs, such as think, into the main clause, as in the derivation of He doesn't think that he'll finish
- neo-christianity — any interpretation of Christianity based on the prevalent philosophy of a given period.
- neo-confucianist — of or relating to neo-Confucians or neo-Confucianism.
- neo-conservatism — (in the US) a right-wing tendency that originated amongst supporters of the political left and has become characterized by its support of hawkish foreign policies
17 letter words starting with ne
- neo-expressionism — an art movement, chiefly in painting, that developed in Germany, Italy, and the U.S. in the late 1970s, emphasized large heavy forms and thick impasto, and typically dealt with historical narrative in terms of symbolism, allegory, and myth.
- neo-impressionism — the theory and practice of a group of post-impressionists of about the middle 1880s, characterized chiefly by a systematic juxtaposition of dots or points of pure color according to a concept of the optical mixture of hues.
- neo-malthusianism — a view or doctrine advocating population control, especially by contraception.
- neo-scholasticism — a contemporary application of Scholasticism to modern problems and life.
- neuilly-sur-seine — a suburb of Paris, in N France: treaty of peace (1919) between the Allies and Bulgaria. 66,095.
18 letter words starting with ne
- neo-pythagoreanism — a philosophical system, established in Alexandria and Rome in the second century b.c., consisting mainly of revived Pythagorean doctrines with elements of Platonism and Stoicism.
- neovascularization — the development of new blood vessels, especially in tissues where circulation has been impaired by trauma or disease.
- neuroendocrinology — the study of the anatomical and physiological interactions between the nervous and endocrine systems.
- neuroleptanalgesia — a semiconscious nonreactive state induced by certain drug combinations, as fentanyl with droperidol.
- neuroophthalmology — the branch of ophthalmology that deals with the optic nerve and other nervous system structures involved in vision.
On this page, we collect all words starting with NE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2151 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with NE. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.