Words starting with met
3 letter words starting with met
- met — simple past tense and past participle of meet1 .
- met enkephalin — either of two pentapeptides that bind to morphine receptors in the central nervous system and have opioid properties of relatively short duration; one pentapeptide (Met enkephalin) has the amino acid sequence Tyr-Gly-Gly-Phe-Met and the other (Leu enkephalin) has the sequence Tyr-Gly-Gly-Phe-Leu.
- met office — (in Britain) a national weather-forecasting service
- met report — a statement saying what the weather will be like the next day or for the next few days
4 letter words starting with met
- meta — (in ancient Rome) a column or post, or a group of columns or posts, placed at each end of a racetrack to mark the turning places.
- mete — to distribute or apportion by measure; allot; dole (usually followed by out): to mete out punishment.
- meth — methamphetamine; Methedrine.
- mett — An old English measure of volume, perhaps equal to two bushels.
- metz — the E part of the former kingdom of the Franks, comprising parts of what is now NE France, W Germany, and Belgium. Capital: Metz.
5 letter words starting with met
- meta- — indicating change, alteration, or alternation
- metae — (in ancient Rome) a column or post, or a group of columns or posts, placed at each end of a racetrack to mark the turning places.
- metal — any of a class of elementary substances, as gold, silver, or copper, all of which are crystalline when solid and many of which are characterized by opacity, ductility, conductivity, and a unique luster when freshly fractured.
- meted — to distribute or apportion by measure; allot; dole (usually followed by out): to mete out punishment.
- meter — an instrument for measuring, especially one that automatically measures and records the quantity of something, as of gas, water, miles, or time, when it is activated.
6 letter words starting with met
7 letter words starting with met
8 letter words starting with met
- metablog — (neologism, Internet) a blog about blogs.
- metabola — (in the plural, entomology) Insects that metamorphose.
- metabole — Alternative spelling of metabola.
- metaboly — the ability of some cells, esp protozoans, to alter their shape
- metacard — A commercial human interface and hypertext system for Unix and the X Window System, similar to Hypercard.
9 letter words starting with met
- metabasis — (rhetoric) A change from one subject to another.
- metabatic — Relating to metabasis.
- metabolic — of, relating to, or affected by metabolism.
- metacarpi — Plural form of metacarpus.
- metaclass — (programming) The class of a class in an object-oriented programming language. A metaclass is a class whose instances are themselves classes. Typically there will only be one metaclass, called "Class" or similar, which is the class of all classes including itself. In some languages there will be no metaclass. The idea of a metaclass is closely associated with introspection - the ability of a program to access the structure and logic of itself or other programs.
10 letter words starting with met
- meta-vlisp — (language) An innovative Lisp dialect by E. St.James of IBP, France.
- metabiosis — a mode of living in which one organism is dependent on another for preparation of an environment in which it can live.
- metabiotic — a mode of living in which one organism is dependent on another for preparation of an environment in which it can live.
- metabolise — Alternative spelling of metabolize.
- metabolism — Biology, Physiology. the sum of the physical and chemical processes in an organism by which its material substance is produced, maintained, and destroyed, and by which energy is made available. Compare anabolism, catabolism.
11 letter words starting with met
- met-english — A Fortran-like language designed at Metropolitan Life in the early 1960s. It had support for variable-length bit fields. Most MetLife DP in the 1960s and 1970s was in Met-English. It was originally developed for Honeywell machines, but many programs still run under IBM MVS via a Honeywell emulator.
- meta-centre — the intersection between two vertical lines, one through the center of buoyancy of a hull in equilibrium, the other through the center of buoyancy when the hull is inclined slightly to one side or toward one end: the distance of this intersection above the center of gravity is an indication of the initial stability of the hull.
- meta-ethics — the philosophy of ethics dealing with the meaning of ethical terms, the nature of moral discourse, and the foundations of moral principles.
- metabolical — Alternative form of metabolic.
- metabolised — Simple past tense and past participle of metabolise.
12 letter words starting with met
- meta-crystal — (language) A language for transformations of Crystal programs. Implemented in T.
- metaanalysis — Alternative spelling of meta-analysis.
- metabolising — Present participle of metabolise.
- metabolizing — Present participle of metabolize.
- metabolomics — the study of all the metabolites present in cells, tissues, and organs
13 letter words starting with met
- meta-analysis — a research study that combines and analyzes statistics gathered from multiple independent studies
- metabisulfite — (inorganic chemistry) The oxyanion of sulfur S2O52- or any salt containing this ion.
- metabolically — of, relating to, or affected by metabolism.
- metabolizable — (biochemistry) Able to be metabolized.
- metacercariae — the encysted larva of a trematode, usually found in or on an aquatic intermediate host.
14 letter words starting with met
- meta-cognitive — higher-order thinking that enables understanding, analysis, and control of one’s cognitive processes, especially when engaged in learning.
- metachromatism — change of color, especially that due to variation in the temperature of a body.
- metafictionist — A writer of metafiction.
- metalinguistic — Pertaining to metalinguistics.
- metalloenzymes — Plural form of metalloenzyme.
15 letter words starting with met
16 letter words starting with met
- metallofullerene — (chemistry) A fullerene containing an enclosed metal atom.
- metamathematical — Pertaining to metamathematics, a branch of mathematics dealing with mathematical systems and their nature.
- metamorphization — Process or action of metamorphizing.
- metamorphosising — Present participle of metamorphosise.
- meteorologically — In meteorological terms; in the context of weather.
17 letter words starting with met
- metacommunication — Communication that indicates how verbal information should be interpreted; stimuli surrounding the verbal communication that also have meaning, which may or may not be congruent with that of or support the verbal talk. It may support or contradict verbal communication; Communication which is implicit and not expressed in words.
- metallofullerenes — Plural form of metallofullerene.
- metalloproteinase — (enzyme) Any of several proteinases that have a metal atom (often zinc) at their active centre.
- methemoglobinemia — (medicine) A form of toxic anemia characterized by the presence of methemoglobin in the blood.
- methylnaphthalene — a compound, C 1 1 H 1 0 , whose alpha isomer, a colorless liquid, is used in determining cetane numbers.
18 letter words starting with met
- methylcyclohexanol — a colorless, aromatic, viscous liquid mixture, chiefly of the ortho and para forms of CH 3 C 6 H 1 0 OH, derived from cresol by hydrogenation: used chiefly as a solvent for rubber, cellulose, esters, and phenols.
- methylprednisolone — A synthetic glucocorticoid drug, with chemical formula C22H30O5.
- methyltestosterone — a synthetic androgenic steroid drug, C 2 0 H 3 0 O 2 , used for its anabolic properties in males in the treatment of hypogonadism and other androgen-deficiency disease states, and in females in the treatment of breast cancer.
19 letter words starting with met
20 letter words starting with met
- meta-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a fumigant and insecticide.
- methylphenylcarbinyl acetate — a colorless, synthetic liquid, C 1 0 H 1 2 O 2 , having a strong floral odor and occurring in oil of gardenia: used chiefly in gardenia and lily perfumes.
21 letter words starting with met
- meter-kilogram-second — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, and second are the principal units of length, mass, and time. Abbreviation: mks, MKS.
- methylisothiazolinone — (chemistry) A powerful biocide and preservative within the group of isothiazolinones, used in shampoos etc.
- methyltrinitrobenzene — TNT.
28 letter words starting with met
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
29 letter words starting with met
- methylenedioxymethamphetamine — The psychoactive drug MDMA or Ecstasy, an amphetamine that produces entactogenic, psychedelic, and stimulant effects.
On this page, we collect all words starting with MET. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 758 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with MET. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.