Words starting with macro
5 letter words starting with macro
6 letter words starting with macro
- macro- — Prefix large. Opposite of micro-. In the mainstream and among other technical cultures (for example, medical people) this competes with the prefix mega-, but hackers tend to restrict the latter to quantification.
- macron — a horizontal line used as a diacritic over a vowel to indicate that it has a long sound or other specified pronunciation, as (ā) in fate (fāt).
- macros — Plural form of macro.
7 letter words starting with macro
- macrons — Plural form of macron.
8 letter words starting with macro
9 letter words starting with macro
- macroalga — Large algae, often living attached in dense beds, such as kelp.
- macrobian — Having an exceptionally long life span.
- macrocode — a single code that contains a set of instructions.
- macrocopy — an enlargement of printed material for easier reading
- macrocosm — the great world or universe; the universe considered as a whole (opposed to microcosm).
10 letter words starting with macro
- macroalgal — Of, or pertaining to, macroalga.
- macrobiota — any living organisms in a given area large enough to be seen with the naked eye
- macrobiote — a person with a long life
- macroburst — (meteorology) A strong downdraft, of over 2.5 miles in diameter, that can cause damaging winds.
- macrocarpa — (NZ) The Monterey cypress.
11 letter words starting with macro
- macro-level — at or on a level that is large in scale or scope: macrolevel research on crime rates in urban areas.
- macrobiosis — long life.
- macrobiotic — of or relating to macrobiotics or its dietary practices.
- macrocarpas — Plural form of macrocarpa.
- macrocosmic — Of or pertaining to the macrocosm (universe).
12 letter words starting with macro
- macro-cosmic — the great world or universe; the universe considered as a whole (opposed to microcosm).
- macrobiotics — a philosophically oriented program incorporating elements from several ancient cultures and emphasizing harmony with nature, especially through adherence to a diet consisting primarily of whole grains, beans, vegetables, and moderate amounts of seafood and fruit.
- macrocarpous — having large fruit.
- macrocephaly — Cephalometry. being or having a head with a large cranial capacity.
- macroclimate — the general climate of a large area, as of a continent or country.
13 letter words starting with macro
- macro-mineral — any mineral required in the diet in relatively large amounts, especially calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.
- macro-segment — a stretch of speech preceded and followed but not interrupted by a pause.
- macrocephalic — Cephalometry. being or having a head with a large cranial capacity.
- macrocephalus — Alternative spelling of macrocephalous.
- macroclimates — Plural form of macroclimate.
14 letter words starting with macro
- macro-mutation — a mutation that has a profound effect on the resulting organism, as a change in a regulatory gene that controls the expression of many structural genes.
- macro-organism — an organism that can be seen with the naked eye.
- macroaggregate — A relatively large aggregated particle.
- macrobiologist — One who studies macrobiology.
- macrocephalous — Having a large head.
15 letter words starting with macro
- macro-sociology — the sociological study of large-scale social systems and long-term patterns and processes.
- macro-structure — the gross structure of a metal, as made visible to the naked eye by deep etching.
- macroaggregated — in the form of a macroaggregate
- macrophotograph — a photograph taken at very close range
- macroprudential — Of or pertaining to systemic prudence, especially to the strengths and vulnerabilities of financial systems.
16 letter words starting with macro
- macro-linguistic — a field of study concerned with language in its broadest sense and including cultural and behavioral features associated with language.
- macroclimatology — the study of the climatic conditions of a large area.
- macroenvironment — (biology) The large-scale and long-term environment and conditions that affect an organism.
- macroinstruction — macro (def 5).
- macrolepidoptera — a collector's name for that part of the lepidoptera that comprises the butterflies and the larger moths (noctuids, geometrids, bombycids, springtails, etc): a term without taxonomic significance
17 letter words starting with macro
- macro-linguistics — a field of study concerned with language in its broadest sense and including cultural and behavioral features associated with language.
- macroevolutionary — Pertaining to, or as a result of macroevolution.
- macroinstructions — Plural form of macroinstruction.
- macroinvertebrate — (zoology) An invertebrate that is large enough to be seen without the use of a microscope.
18 letter words starting with macro
- macroinvertebrates — Plural form of macroinvertebrate.
On this page, we collect all words starting with MACRO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 169 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with MACRO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.