Words starting with ma
2 letter words starting with ma
- ma — Gertrude ("Ma") 1886–1939, U.S. blues singer.
3 letter words starting with ma
4 letter words starting with ma
- maar — a circular volcanic landform resulting from explosive ash eruptions.
- maas — Dutch name of the Meuse.
- maat — the goddess personifying law and righteousness.
- mac- — (in surnames of Scottish or Irish Gaelic origin) son of
- mace — a spice ground from the layer between a nutmeg shell and its outer husk, resembling nutmeg in flavor.
5 letter words starting with ma
6 letter words starting with ma
7 letter words starting with ma
- ma'ariv — the evening service
- macaber — gruesome and horrifying; ghastly; horrible.
- macabre — gruesome and horrifying; ghastly; horrible.
- macadam — a macadamized road or pavement.
- macaque — any monkey of the genus Macaca, chiefly of Asia, characterized by cheek pouches and, usually, a short tail: several species are threatened or endangered.
8 letter words starting with ma
- mableton — a town in NW Georgia.
- macanese — a native or inhabitant of Macao.
- macarena — (often initial capital letter) a dance performed in a group line or solo and following a rhythmic pattern of arm, hand, and hip movements in time to a Spanish song.
- macaroni — small, tubular pasta prepared from wheat flour.
- macaroon — a drop cookie made of egg whites, sugar, usually almond paste or coconut, and sometimes a little flour.
9 letter words starting with ma
- ma-and-pa — mom-and-pop.
- macadamia — any Australian tree of the genus Macadamia, especially M. ternifolia, having whorled leaves and elongated clusters of pink flowers.
- macapagal — Diosdado [dee-aws-dah-daw] /ˌdi ɔsˈdɑ dɔ/ (Show IPA), 1910–97, Philippine statesman: president 1961–65.
- macaronic — composed of or characterized by Latin words mixed with vernacular words or non-Latin words given Latin endings.
- macarthur — Douglas, 1880–1964, U.S. general: supreme commander of allied forces in SW Pacific during World War II and of UN forces in Korea 1950–51.
10 letter words starting with ma
- maastricht — a city in the SE Netherlands, on the Maas River.
- mabinogion — a collection of medieval Welsh romances that were translated (1838–49) by Lady Charlotte Guest.
- macadamise — to pave by laying and compacting successive layers of broken stone, often with asphalt or hot tar.
- macadamize — to pave by laying and compacting successive layers of broken stone, often with asphalt or hot tar.
- maccabaeus — Judas or Judah [joo-duh] /ˈdʒu də/ (Show IPA), ("the Hammer") died c. 160 b.c, Judean patriot, one of the Maccabees: military leader 166–160 (son of Mattathias).
11 letter words starting with ma
- machiavelli — Niccolò di Bernardo [neek-kaw-law dee ber-nahr-daw] /ˌnik kɔˈlɔ di bɛrˈnɑr dɔ/ (Show IPA), 1469–1527, Italian statesman, political philosopher, and author.
- machicolate — to provide with machicolations.
- machination — an act or instance of machinating.
- machine-gun — to shoot at with a machine gun.
- machinelike — like a machine, as in regular movement or uniform pattern of operation: to conduct business with machinelike efficiency.
12 letter words starting with ma
- macclesfield — a market town in NW England, in Cheshire: former centre of the silk industry; pharmaceuticals, services. Pop: 50 688 (2001)
- machiavelian — of, like, or befitting Machiavelli.
- machinations — an act or instance of machinating.
- machine-word — a unit of language, consisting of one or more spoken sounds or their written representation, that functions as a principal carrier of meaning. Words are composed of one or more morphemes and are either the smallest units susceptible of independent use or consist of two or three such units combined under certain linking conditions, as with the loss of primary accent that distinguishes black·bird· from black· bird·. Words are usually separated by spaces in writing, and are distinguished phonologically, as by accent, in many languages.
- machtpolitik — power politics
13 letter words starting with ma
- maccheroncini — thin pasta tubes made from wheat flour
- machiavellian — of, like, or befitting Machiavelli.
- machiavellism — of, like, or befitting Machiavelli.
- machicolation — an opening in the floor between the corbels of a projecting gallery or parapet, as on a wall or in the vault of a passage, through which missiles, molten lead, etc., might be cast upon an enemy beneath.
- machilipatnam — a city in E Andhra Pradesh state, in S India, on the Bay of Bengal: first British trading settlement 1611.
14 letter words starting with ma
- macadamization — to pave by laying and compacting successive layers of broken stone, often with asphalt or hot tar.
- machine-stitch — to sew on a sewing machine.
- macro-mutation — a mutation that has a profound effect on the resulting organism, as a change in a regulatory gene that controls the expression of many structural genes.
- macro-organism — an organism that can be seen with the naked eye.
- macroeconomics — the branch of economics dealing with the broad and general aspects of an economy, as the relationship between the income and investments of a country as a whole.
15 letter words starting with ma
- macro-sociology — the sociological study of large-scale social systems and long-term patterns and processes.
- macro-structure — the gross structure of a metal, as made visible to the naked eye by deep etching.
- macroscopically — visible to the naked eye. Compare microscopic (def 1).
- macrosporangium — megasporangium.
- made-to-measure — (of a garment, shoes, etc.) made in accordance with a specific individual's measurements.
16 letter words starting with ma
- machiavellianism — of, like, or befitting Machiavelli.
- machine-readable — of or relating to data encoded on an appropriate medium and in a form suitable for processing by computer.
- macro-linguistic — a field of study concerned with language in its broadest sense and including cultural and behavioral features associated with language.
- macroclimatology — the study of the climatic conditions of a large area.
- macroinstruction — macro (def 5).
17 letter words starting with ma
- macro-linguistics — a field of study concerned with language in its broadest sense and including cultural and behavioral features associated with language.
- magnetoelasticity — the phenomenon, consisting of a change in magnetic properties, exhibited by a ferromagnetic material to which stress is applied.
- magnetoresistance — a change in the electrical resistance of a material upon exposure to a magnetic field.
- magnetomechanical ratio — the ratio of the angular momentum of a rotating charged particle to its magnetic moment; the reciprocal of the gyromagnetic ratio.
18 letter words starting with ma
19 letter words starting with ma
20 letter words starting with ma
- magnetoencephalogram — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
- magnetohydrodynamics — the branch of physics that deals with the motion of electrically conductive fluids, especially plasmas, in magnetic fields. Abbreviation: MHD.
- magnetohydromagnetic wave — Physics. Alfvén wave.
21 letter words starting with ma
- magnetoplasmadynamics — magnetohydrodynamics.
23 letter words starting with ma
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
24 letter words starting with ma
- magnetothermoelectricity — thermoelectricity induced or affected by a magnetic field.
On this page, we collect all words starting with MA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5648 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with MA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.