Words starting with lep
4 letter words starting with lep
5 letter words starting with lep
- lepal — (botany, obsolete) A sterile transformed stamen.
- lepas — (zoology) Any of the genus Lepas of pedunculated barnacles found attached to floating timber, bottoms of ships, etc.; a goose barnacle.
- leper — a person who has leprosy.
- lepid — (obsolete) pleasant; jocose.
- leppy — an unbranded or motherless calf; maverick.
6 letter words starting with lep
7 letter words starting with lep
- lepanto — Greek Návpaktos. a seaport in W Greece, on the Lepanto Strait: Turkish sea power destroyed here 1571.
- lepido- — scale or scaly
- lepidus — Marcus Aemilius [ee-mil-ee-uh s] /iˈmɪl i əs/ (Show IPA), died 13 b.c, Roman politician: member of the second triumvirate.
- leporid — an animal of the family Leporidae, comprising the rabbits and hares.
- leppard — Raymond. born 1927, British conductor and musicologist, in the US from 1977: noted esp for his revivals of early opera
8 letter words starting with lep
- lepidote — covered with scurfy scales or scaly spots.
- leporide — a Belgian hare formerly believed to be a hybrid of the European rabbit and hare.
- leporine — of, relating to, or resembling a rabbit or hare.
- leprotic — Of, or pertaining to leprosy.
- leptonic — Of, pertaining to, or composed of leptons.
9 letter words starting with lep
- leporidae — an animal of the family Leporidae, comprising the rabbits and hares.
- leprosery — a hospital for leprosy sufferers
- leprosity — the state of being leprous
- leprously — In a leprous way.
- leptophos — a solid compound, C 13 H 10 BrCl 2 O 2 PS, used as a nonsystemic insecticide for food crops and lawn grass.
10 letter words starting with lep
- lepidolite — a mineral of the mica group, potassium lithium aluminum silicate, commonly occurring in lilac, rose-colored, or whitish scaly masses: an ore of lithium.
- leprechaun — a dwarf or sprite.
- leptosomic — a person of asthenic build.
- leptospira — any of several spirally shaped, aerobic bacteria of the genus Leptospira, certain species of which are pathogenic for human beings.
- leptospire — Any bacterium of the genus Leptospira.
11 letter words starting with lep
- lepidoptera — the order comprising the lepidopterous insects.
- lepidoptery — the branch of zoology dealing with butterflies and moths.
- lepidosiren — a lungfish, Lepidosiren paradoxa, of the Amazon, having an eel-shaped body.
- leprechauns — a dwarf or sprite.
- lepromatous — the swollen lesion of leprosy.
12 letter words starting with lep
- lepidomelane — (mineralogy) A black iron-potash mica, usually found in granitic rocks in small six-sided tables, or as an aggregation of minute opaque scales.
- lepidopteran — lepidopterous.
- lepidopteron — any lepidopterous insect.
- lepidosirens — Plural form of lepidosiren.
- leprosariums — Plural form of leprosarium.
13 letter words starting with lep
- lepidocrocite — a ruby-red to reddish-brown orthorhombic mineral, iron oxyhydroxide, FeO(OH), dimorphous with goethite: an ore of iron, used as a pigment.
- lepidopterans — Plural form of lepidopteran.
- lepidopterist — the branch of zoology dealing with butterflies and moths.
- lepidopterous — belonging or pertaining to the Lepidoptera, an order of insects comprising the butterflies, moths, and skippers, that in the adult state have four membranous wings more or less covered with small scales.
- leprechaunish — somewhat similar to a leprechaun
14 letter words starting with lep
15 letter words starting with lep
16 letter words starting with lep
- leptosporangiate — (of ferns) having each sporangium developing from a single cell, rather than from a group, and normally with specialized explosive spore dispersal
17 letter words starting with lep
- lepidopterologist — One who studies lepidopterology.
On this page, we collect all words starting with LEP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 91 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with LEP. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.