Words starting with lec
4 letter words starting with lec
- lech — to behave like a lecher (often followed by for or after).
- lect — (linguistics, sociolinguistics) A specific form of a language or language cluster: a language or a dialect.
- lech walesa — Lech [lek] /lɛk/ (Show IPA), born 1943, Polish labor leader: a leader of Solidarity 1980; president 1990–96; Nobel Peace Prize 1983.
5 letter words starting with lec
- lecce — a city in SE Italy: ancient Greek and Roman city; noted for its baroque architecture.
- leccy — Alternative form of lecky.
- leche — Archaic form of lechwe.
- lechy — (informal) Like a lech; lecherous, tawdrily lustful.
- lecky — William Edward Hartpole [hahrt-pohl] /ˈhɑrt poʊl/ (Show IPA), 1838–1903, Irish essayist and historian.
6 letter words starting with lec
- leched — Simple past tense and past participle of lech.
- lecher — a man given to excessive sexual indulgence; a lascivious or licentious man.
- leches — to behave like a lecher (often followed by for or after).
- lechwe — an African antelope, Kobus leche, related to the waterbuck, inhabiting wet, grassy plains: a threatened species.
- lectin — any of a group of proteins that bind to particular carbohydrates in the manner of an antibody and are commonly extracted from plants for use as an agglutinin, as in clumping red blood cells for blood typing.
7 letter words starting with lec
8 letter words starting with lec
- lecanora — any of various crustaceous lichens of the genus Lecanora, some of which are eaten and some of which are used in dyeing
- lechayim — a toast used in drinking to a person's health or well-being.
- lechered — Simple past tense and past participle of lecher.
- lecithal — having a yolk, as certain eggs or ova.
- lecithin — Biochemistry. any of a group of phospholipids, occurring in animal and plant tissues and egg yolk, composed of units of choline, phosphoric acid, fatty acids, and glycerol.
9 letter words starting with lec
- lechering — a man given to excessive sexual indulgence; a lascivious or licentious man.
- lecherous — given to or characterized by lechery; lustful.
- lectorate — a lecturer in a college or university.
- lectotype — a specimen designated as the type of a species or subspecies when no holotype was designated by the original author of the name.
- lecturers — Plural form of lecturer.
10 letter words starting with lec
11 letter words starting with lec
- lecherously — given to or characterized by lechery; lustful.
- lechuguilla — a semidesert plant, Agave lecheguilla, of Mexico, having a basal rosette of sharply pointed leaves and a very tall flower spike, grown as an ornamental.
- lecithinase — An enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of lecithin.
- lecturelike — Resembling a lecture or some aspect of one.
- lectureship — the office of lecturer.
12 letter words starting with lec
13 letter words starting with lec
14 letter words starting with lec
On this page, we collect all words starting with LEC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 72 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with LEC. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.