Words starting with k
1 letter words starting with k
- k — the eleventh letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- k meson — a meson with strangeness +1 and either positive or zero electric charge, or its antiparticle, with strangeness −1 and either negative or zero electric charge. Symbol: K.
- k ration — an emergency field ration for U.S. armed forces when other food or rations are not available, consisting of three separate packaged meals of concentrated or dehydrated food.
- k star — a relatively cool, orange-to-red star, as Aldebaran or Arcturus, having a surface temperature between 3500 and 5000 K and an absorption spectrum with strong lines of calcium and many neutral metals.
2 letter words starting with k
- k2 — Also called Godwin Austen [god-win aw-stin] /ˈgɒd wɪn ˈɔ stɪn/ (Show IPA), Dapsang [duh p-suhng] /dəpˈsʌŋ/ (Show IPA). a mountain in N Kashmir, in the Karakoram range: second highest peak in the world. 28,250 feet (8611 meters).
- ka — a spiritual entity, an aspect of the individual, believed to live within the body during life and to survive it after death.
- kb — (unit, data) (KB) A unit of data equal to 1000 bytes (but see binary prefix for other definitions). One kilobyte is the amount of data in 1000 ASCII (or UTF-8) characters or about 250 English words (whose average length is about four characters). 1000 kilobytes are one megabyte.
- kc — Kilocycle(s).
- kd — knocked down: indicating furniture, machinery, etc, in separate parts
3 letter words starting with k
- kab — an ancient Hebrew measure equal to about two quarts.
- kaf — the twenty-second letter of the Arabic alphabet, representing a velar stop consonant sound.
- kai — (NZ, informal) food.
- kak — A subdivision of currency, equal to a 1/100th of a Cambodian riel.
- kam — a Kam-Tai language spoken in southern China.
4 letter words starting with k
- kaal — naked
- kaba — a small, cubical building in the courtyard of the Great Mosque at Mecca containing a sacred black stone: regarded by Muslims as the House of God and the objective of their pilgrimages.
- kadi — qadi.
- kael — Pauline, 1919–2001, U.S. film critic.
- kago — (in Japan) a small basketwork palanquin strung from a pole each end of which rests on the shoulder of a bearer.
5 letter words starting with k
- k-pop — pop music from Korea (often used attributively): a K-pop girl group; K-pop is really great to dance to.
- ka`ba — a small, cubical building in the courtyard of the Great Mosque at Mecca containing a sacred black stone: regarded by Muslims as the House of God and the objective of their pilgrimages.
- kaaba — a cube-shaped building in Mecca, the most sacred Muslim pilgrim shrine, into which is built the black stone believed to have been given by Gabriel to Abraham. Muslims turn in its direction when praying
- kabir — fl. late 15th century, Hindu religious reformer.
- kabob — Usually, kebabs. small pieces of meat or seafood seasoned or marinated and broiled, often with tomatoes, green peppers, onions, or other vegetables, usually on a skewer.
6 letter words starting with k
- k-line — one of a series of lines (K-series) in the x-ray spectrum of an atom corresponding to radiation (K-radiation) produced by the transition of an electron to the K-shell.
- ka'bah — a small, cubical building in the courtyard of the Great Mosque at Mecca containing a sacred black stone: regarded by Muslims as the House of God and the objective of their pilgrimages.
- kabaka — the traditional king of Buganda, a region and former kingdom of southern Uganda.
- kabala — a system of esoteric theosophy and theurgy developed by rabbis, reaching its peak about the 12th and 13th centuries, and influencing certain medieval and Renaissance Christian thinkers. It was based on a mystical method of interpreting Scripture by which initiates claimed to penetrate sacred mysteries. Among its central doctrines are, all creation is an emanation from the Deity and the soul exists from eternity.
- kabila — Laurent Désiré [loh-rahn dey-zee-rey] /loʊˈrɑn deɪ ziˈreɪ/ (Show IPA), 1939–2001, president of the Democratic Republic of the Congo 1997–2001.
7 letter words starting with k
- k-meson — kaon.
- k-shell — the first shell of electrons surrounding the nucleus of an atom and containing, when filled, two electrons having principal quantum number 1.
- k-truss — a truss having in each panel two diagonals running from the ends of one post to the center of the adjacent post, the arrangement being symmetrical about the center of the truss.
- kabaddi — A South Asian team sport in which players must hold their breath while making raids into the opposing team's half of the field.
- kachcha — crude, imperfect, or temporary.
8 letter words starting with k
- k-series — one of a series of lines (K-series) in the x-ray spectrum of an atom corresponding to radiation (K-radiation) produced by the transition of an electron to the K-shell.
- ka-ching — expressing sth moneymaking
- kaapstad — Afrikaans name of Cape Town.
- kabbalah — a system of esoteric theosophy and theurgy developed by rabbis, reaching its peak about the 12th and 13th centuries, and influencing certain medieval and Renaissance Christian thinkers. It was based on a mystical method of interpreting Scripture by which initiates claimed to penetrate sacred mysteries. Among its central doctrines are, all creation is an emanation from the Deity and the soul exists from eternity.
- kabeljou — a large marine sciaenid fish, Argyrosomus hololepidotus, that is an important food fish of South African waters
9 letter words starting with k
- kabardian — a Circassian language of the Kabardino-Balkar Autonomous Republic.
- kaczynski — Lech. 1949–2010, Polish politician, president of Poland (2005–10)
- kadaitcha — Alternative form of kurdaitcha.
- kadiyevka — former name of Stakhanov.
- kaffraria — a region in the S Republic of South Africa: inhabited mostly by the Xhosa.
10 letter words starting with k
- kabalevsky — Dmitri [duh-mee-tree;; Russian dmyee-tryee] /dəˈmi tri;; Russian ˈdmyi tryi/ (Show IPA), 1904–1987, Russian composer.
- kabalistic — cabalistic.
- kabaragoya — The water monitor, Varanus salvator, a large lizard of Southeast Asia.
- kaffrarian — a region in the S Republic of South Africa: inhabited mostly by the Xhosa.
- kafiristan — former name of Nuristan.
11 letter words starting with k
- k-radiation — one of a series of lines (K-series) in the x-ray spectrum of an atom corresponding to radiation (K-radiation) produced by the transition of an electron to the K-shell.
- kabbalistic — cabalistic.
- kailyardism — kaleyard school.
- kalashnikov — A Kalashnikov is a type of rifle that is made in Russia.
- kaliningrad — a seaport in the W Russian Federation in Europe, on the Bay of Danzig.
12 letter words starting with k
- kakistocracy — government by the worst persons; a form of government in which the worst persons are in power.
- kaleidoscope — an optical instrument in which bits of glass, held loosely at the end of a rotating tube, are shown in continually changing symmetrical forms by reflection in two or more mirrors set at angles to each other.
- kanchenjunga — a mountain in S Asia, between NE India and Nepal, in the E Himalayas: third highest in the world. 28,169 feet (8586 meters).
- karmadharaya — a compound of two words in which the first is an adjective and the second a substantive, as blackbird, gentleman, or grandson.
- karyokinesis — mitosis.
13 letter words starting with k
- kaffeeklatsch — coffee klatsch.
- kahramanmaras — a city in S Turkey, near the Taurus mountain range.
- kaleidoscopic — of, relating to, or created by a kaleidoscope.
- kangchenjunga — a mountain on the border between Nepal and Sikkim, in the Himalayas: the third highest mountain in the world. Height: 8598 m (28 208 ft)
- kapellmeister — a choirmaster.
14 letter words starting with k
- kaieteur-falls — a river in central Guyana: (Kaieteur Falls) one of highest waterfalls in the world at 741 feet (226 meters). 100 miles (161 km) long.
- kaiserslautern — a city in S Rhineland-Palatinate, in SW Germany.
- kastrop-rauxel — Castrop-Rauxel.
- keratinization — Conversion into keratin or keratinous tissue.
- kellogg-briand pact — a treaty renouncing war as an instrument of national policy and urging peaceful means for the settlement of international disputes, originally signed in 1928 by 15 nations, later joined by 49 others.
15 letter words starting with k
- kaffeeklatscher — a person who participates, especially regularly, in a kaffee klatsch.
- kamensk-uralski — a city in the W Russian Federation in Asia, near the Ural Mountains.
- karl-marx-stadt — former name (1953–90) of Chemnitz.
- keratoacanthoma — (pathology) A common low-grade malignancy of the skin.
- kansas-nebraska act — the act of Congress in 1854 annulling the Missouri Compromise, providing for the organization of the territories of Kansas and Nebraska, and permitting these territories self-determination on the question of slavery.
16 letter words starting with k
- kamerlingh-onnes — Heike (ˈhaɪkə). 1853–1926, Dutch physicist: a pioneer of the physics of low-temperature materials and discoverer (1911) of superconductivity. Nobel prize for physics 1913
- kabardino-balkar autonomous republic — an autonomous republic in the Russian Federation in N Caucasia, N of the Georgian Republic. 4747 sq. mi. (12,295 sq. km). Capital: Nalchik.
- kabardino-balkar republic — a constituent republic of S Russia, on the N side of the Caucasus Mountains. Capital: Nalchik. Pop: 900 500 (2002). Area: 12 500 sq km (4825 sq miles)
17 letter words starting with k
18 letter words starting with k
20 letter words starting with k
- keratoconjunctivitis — inflammation of the cornea and conjunctiva.
On this page, we collect all words starting with letter K. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4416 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with K. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.