Words starting with isti
Maybe these words will be useful:
- istambuli — a native or inhabitant of Istanbul.
- istana — (in Malaysia) a royal palace
- istanbul — a port in NW Turkey, on both sides of the Bosporus: built by Constantine I on the site of ancient Byzantium; capital of the Eastern Roman Empire and of the Ottoman Empire; capital removed to Ankara 1923.
- isth. — isthmus
- isthmectomy — (surgery) The surgical removal of the band of tissue (or isthmus) connecting the two lobes of the thyroid gland.
- isthmi — a narrow strip of land, bordered on both sides by water, connecting two larger bodies of land.
- isthmian — of or relating to an isthmus.
- isthmian games — one of the great national festivals of ancient Greece, held every two years on the Isthmus of Corinth.
- isthmic — isthmian