Words starting with il
2 letter words starting with il
- il — Illinois (in official postal use).
- il duce — the title assumed by Benito Mussolini as leader of Fascist Italy (1922–43)
- il penseroso — a poem (1632) by John Milton.
- il sodoma — (Giovanni Antonio de Bazzi) [jaw-vahn-nee-ahn-taw-nyaw-de-baht-tsee] /dʒɔˈvɑn ni ɑnˈtɔ nyɔ dɛˈbɑt tsi/ (Show IPA), 1477–1549, Italian painter.
- il trovatore — an opera (1853) by Giuseppe Verdi.
3 letter words starting with il
4 letter words starting with il
5 letter words starting with il
- iland — Obsolete form of island.
- ileac — of or relating to ileus.
- ileal — Anatomy. the third and lowest division of the small intestine, extending from the jejunum to the cecum.
- ileo- — indicating the ileum
- ileum — Anatomy. the third and lowest division of the small intestine, extending from the jejunum to the cecum.
6 letter words starting with il
- ilesha — a town in SW Nigeria.
- ilford — a former borough in SE England, now part of Redbridge, Greater London.
- ilheus — a seaport in E Brazil.
- iligan — a city in the Philippines, a port on the N coast of Mindanao. Pop: 306 000 (2005 est)
- ilkley — a town in N England, in Bradford unitary authority, West Yorkshire: nearby is Ilkley Moor (to the south). Pop: 13 472 (2001)
7 letter words starting with il
- ileitis — inflammation of the ileum.
- iliacus — a muscle near the ilium which flexes the hip joint
- iliadic — (italics) a Greek epic poem describing the siege of Troy, ascribed to Homer.
- iliamna — a lake in SW Alaska: the largest lake in Alaska. Length: about 130 km (80 miles). Width: 40 km (25 miles)
- iliescu — Ion [yawn] /yɔn/ (Show IPA), born 1930, Romanian political leader: president 1990–96, 2000–04.
8 letter words starting with il
- ileotomy — (surgery) cutting into the ileum; ileostomy.
- ilkeston — a town in N central England, in SE Derbyshire. Pop: 37 270 (2001)
- ill-bred — showing lack of good social breeding; unmannerly; rude.
- illation — the act of inferring.
- illative — of, relating to, or expressing illation; inferential: an illative word such as “therefore.”.
9 letter words starting with il
- ileocecal — of, relating to, or involving the ileum and cecum.
- ileocolic — (anatomy) Pertaining to the ileum and colon.
- ileostomy — the construction of an artificial opening from the ileum through the abdominal wall, permitting drainage of the contents of the small intestine.
- iliopsoas — (anatomy) A compound muscle composed of the iliac and psoas muscles.
- ill-being — state or condition of lacking health, solvency, etc.
10 letter words starting with il
- ileocaecal — (anatomy) Of or pertaining to the connection between the final segment of the small intestine (ileum) and large intestine (colon).
- ill-boding — foreboding evil; inauspicious; unlucky: ill-boding stars.
- ill-fitted — badly or uncomfortably fitted: an ill-fitted denture.
- ill-formed — badly formed.
- ill-gotten — acquired by dishonest, improper, or evil means: ill-gotten gains.
11 letter words starting with il
- ilang-ilang — an aromatic tree, Cananga odorata, of the annona family, native to the Philippines, Java, etc., having fragrant, drooping flowers that yield a volatile oil used in perfumery.
- ileocolitis — inflammation of the mucous membrane of the ileum and colon.
- ileostomies — Plural form of ileostomy.
- ill-advised — acting or done without due consideration; imprudent: an ill-advised remark.
- ill-behaved — 1. [numerical analysis] Said of an algorithm or computational method that tends to blow up because of accumulated roundoff error or poor convergence properties. 2. Software that bypasses the defined operating system interfaces to do things (like screen, keyboard, and disk I/O) itself, often in a way that depends on the hardware of the machine it is running on or which is nonportable or incompatible with other pieces of software. In the IBM PC/mess-dos world, there is a folk theorem (nearly true) to the effect that (owing to gross inadequacies and performance penalties in the OS interface) all interesting applications are ill-behaved. See also bare metal. Opposite: well-behaved, compare PC-ism.
12 letter words starting with il
- ill-affected — not well disposed; disaffected
- ill-assorted — badly matched; incompatible
- ill-disposed — unfriendly, unsympathetic, or having a negative attitude, as toward another person or an idea.
- ill-equipped — badly or inadequately equipped: an ill-equipped army.
- ill-favoured — unpleasant in appearance; homely or ugly.
13 letter words starting with il
14 letter words starting with il
- ill-considered — lacking thorough consideration; ill-suited; unwise.
- illegalization — to make illegal: They even wanted to illegalize smoking.
- illegitimately — born of parents who are not married to each other; born out of wedlock: an illegitimate child.
- illegitimation — (obsolete) The act of making illegitimate; bastardization.
- illegitimatize — to make illegitimate: The decree illegitimatized his heirs.
15 letter words starting with il
- ill-conditioned — in a surly or bad mood, state, etc.
- ill-intentioned — having malicious intentions: an ill-intentioned criticism that was meant more to hurt than to help.
- ille-et-vilaine — a department in W France. 2700 sq. mi. (7000 sq. km). Capital: Rennes.
- illimitableness — The quality of being illimitable; absence of limits.
- illustriousness — The state of being illustrious.
16 letter words starting with il
- illegitimateness — Quality of being illegitimate.
17 letter words starting with il
- illusionistically — In an illusionistic manner.
On this page, we collect all words starting with IL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 331 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with IL. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.