Words starting with ib
3 letter words starting with ib
4 letter words starting with ib
- iban — Also called Sea Dayak. a member of any of several Dayak tribes of Sarawak.
- ibeu — Independent Bakery Employees Union
- ibew — International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- ibex — any of several wild goats of the genus Capra, inhabiting mountainous regions of Eurasia and North Africa, having long, recurved horns.
- ibfg — Internationaler Bund Freier Gewerkschaften (International Confederation of Free Trade Unions)
5 letter words starting with ib
- ibada — any of the religious duties of a Muslim, including the recital of the creed, the five daily recitals of prayers, the Ramadan fast, almsgiving, and the pilgrimage to Mecca.
- ibadi — a North African Kharijite.
- ibert — Jacques François Antoine [zhahk frahn-swa ahn-twan] /ʒɑk frɑ̃ˈswa ɑ̃ˈtwan/ (Show IPA), 1890–1962, French composer.
- ibiza — a Spanish island in the SW Balearic Islands, in the W Mediterranean Sea. 209 sq. mi. (541 sq. km).
- iblis — an evil spirit or devil, the chief of the wicked jinn.
6 letter words starting with ib
- ibadah — the following of Islamic beliefs and practices
- ibadan — a city in SW Nigeria.
- ibague — a city in W central Colombia.
- ibanez — Vicente Blasco [bee-then-te blahs-kaw] /biˈθɛn tɛ ˈblɑs kɔ/ (Show IPA), Blasco Ibáñez, Vicente.
- iberia — Also called Iberian Peninsula. a peninsula in SW Europe, comprising Spain and Portugal.
7 letter words starting with ib
- ibaraki — a prefecture in central Honshu, Japan.
- iberian — of or relating to Iberia in SW Europe, its inhabitants, or their language.
- iberian peninsula — Also called Iberian Peninsula. a peninsula in SW Europe, comprising Spain and Portugal.
- ibrahim pasha — 1789–1848, Egyptian general: governor of Syria 1833–40 (son of Mehemet Ali).
8 letter words starting with ib
- iberises — Plural form of iberis.
- ibn-ezra — Abraham Ben Meir. 1093–1167, Jewish poet, scholar, and traveller, born in Spain
- ibn-saud — Abdul-Aziz (æbˈdʊlæˈziːz). 1880–1953, first king of Saudi Arabia (1932–53)
- ibogaine — an alkaloid, C 20 H 26 N 2 O, obtained from an African shrub, Tabernanthe iboga, having antidepressant and hallucinogenic properties.
- ibsenism — a manner or style of dramatic structure or content characteristic of Ibsen.
9 letter words starting with ib
- iberville — Pierre le Moyne [pyer luh mwan] /pyɛr lə ˈmwan/ (Show IPA), Sieur, 1661–1706, French naval officer, born in Canada: founder of the first French settlement in Louisiana, 1699.
- ibn-rushd — Averroës
- ibuprofen — a white powder, C 13 H 18 O 2 , used especially in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis as an anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic.
10 letter words starting with ib
- ibn-batuta — 1304–?68, Arab traveller, who wrote the Rihlah, an account of his travels (1325–54) in Africa and Asia
11 letter words starting with ib
- ibn-gabirol — Solomon. ?1021–?58, Jewish philosopher and poet, born in Spain. His work The Fountain of Life influenced Western medieval philosophers
- ibn-khaldun — 1332–1406, Arab historian and philosopher. His Kitab al-`ibar (Book of Examples) is a history of Islam
- ibritumomab — A monoclonal antibody which is linked with yttrium-90 as the drug ibritumomab tiuxetan.
12 letter words starting with ib
- ibn-al-arabi — Muhyi-l-din. 1165–1240, Muslim mystic and poet, born in Spain, noted for his influence on Sufism
15 letter words starting with ib
- ibero-maurusian — of or relating to an Epipaleolithic culture of northwestern Africa that preceded the Capsian culture and was once erroneously thought to have originated in southwestern Europe; characterized by the use of backed bladelets, occupation of the maritime plain, and the hunting of the Barbary sheep.
On this page, we collect all words starting with IB. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 94 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with IB. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.