Words starting with head
4 letter words starting with head
- head — Edith, 1897–1981, U.S. costume designer.
- head and shoulders — If you say that someone or something stands head and shoulders above other people or things, you mean that they are a lot better than them.
- head and shoulders above — vastly superior to
- head arrangement — a roughly outlined musical arrangement that is played from memory and is often learned by ear.
- head balance — headstand.
5 letter words starting with head
- heads — the upper part of the body in humans, joined to the trunk by the neck, containing the brain, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.
- heady — intoxicating: a heady wine.
- heads down — [Sun] Concentrating, usually so heavily and for so long that everything outside the focus area is missed. See also hack mode and larval stage, although this mode is hardly confined to fledgling hackers.
- heads or tails — a gambling game in which a coin is tossed, the winner being the player who guesses which side of the coin will face up when it lands or is caught.
- heads will roll — If you say that heads will roll as a result of something bad that has happened, you mean that people will be punished for it, especially by losing their jobs.
6 letter words starting with head
- headed — first in rank or position; chief; leading; principal: a head official.
- header — the upper part of the body in humans, joined to the trunk by the neck, containing the brain, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.
- headly — (archaic) Chief; principal; capital; (of sins) deadly.
- headed notepaper — notepaper headed with the name and address of a person or organization
- header bond — a brickwork bond composed entirely of overlapping headers.
7 letter words starting with head
- head-on — (of two objects) meeting with the fronts or heads foremost: a head-on collision.
- headage — a payment to a farmer based on the number of animals kept
- headake — Alternative form of headache.
- headbox — (in a papermaking machine) the container in which cleaned pulp is collected for uniform distribution across the wire.
- headcam — a camera that is worn on the front of the head and records video from the wearer's point of view.
8 letter words starting with head
- headache — a pain located in the head, as over the eyes, at the temples, or at the base of the skull.
- headachy — having a headache.
- headband — a band worn around the head; fillet.
- headbang — To engage in headbanging, the vigorous movement of the head in time to music.
- headbutt — A sharp blow delivered by driving the head into the opponent, generally by lowering the head and charging forward or by rapidly tilting the head backward and then forward.
9 letter words starting with head
10 letter words starting with head
- head-first — If you move head-first in a particular direction, your head is the part of your body that is furthest forward as you are moving.
- head-right — Law. a beneficial interest for each member of an Indian tribe in the tribal trust fund accruing from the lease of tribal oil, gas, and mineral rights, the sale of tribal lands, etc.
- headbanged — Simple past tense and past participle of headbang.
- headbanger — metalhead.
- headboards — Plural form of headboard.
11 letter words starting with head
- head-banger — metalhead.
- head-hunter — a person who engages in headhunting.
- head-strict — (theory) A head-strict function will not necessarily evaluate every cons cell of its (list) argument, but whenever it does evaluate a cons cell it will also evaluate the element in the head of that cell. An example of a head-strict function is beforeZero :: [Int] -> [Int] beforeZero  =  beforeZero (0:xs) =  beforeZero (x:xs) = x : beforeZero xs which returns a list up to the first zero. This pattern of evaluation is important because it is common in functions which operate on a list of inputs. See also tail-strict, hyperstrict.
- head-waiter — a person in charge of waiters, busboys, etc., in a restaurant or dining car.
- headbangers — Plural form of headbanger.
12 letter words starting with head
- head-hunting — a headhunting expedition: The men left the village to go on a headhunt.
- head-to-head — in direct confrontation, opposition, or competition: a head-to-head battle between the two companies.
- headforemost — headfirst (def 1).
- headkerchief — A kerchief worn on the head.
- headlessness — The state of being headless.
13 letter words starting with head
- head-shrinker — to draw back, as in retreat or avoidance: to shrink from danger; to shrink from contact.
- headmistressy — typical of the duties and behaviour of a headmistress
- headquartered — to situate in headquarters.
- headshrinkers — Plural form of headshrinker.
- head-and-tail light — a small South American characin fish, Hemmigrammus ocellifer, having shiny red eyes and tail spots, often kept in aquariums.
14 letter words starting with head
16 letter words starting with head
- headmistressship — (rare) Alternative form of headmistress-ship.
17 letter words starting with head
- headline-grabbing — A headline-grabbing statement or activity is one that is intended to attract a lot of attention, especially from the media.
On this page, we collect all words starting with HEAD. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 275 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with HEAD. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.