Words starting with gro
3 letter words starting with gro
- gro — (US, slang) Disgusting, unpleasant; gross.
4 letter words starting with gro
- gro. — gross (unit of quantity)
- grog — a mixture of rum and water, often flavored with lemon, sugar, and spices and sometimes served hot.
- grok — to understand thoroughly and intuitively.
- grom — (surfing, snowboarding, skimboarding, slang) A young surfer, wakeskater, wakeboarder, snowboarder, skimboarder, skateboarder, or kiteboarder.
- gros — Antoine Jean [ahn-twan zhahn] /ɑ̃ˈtwan ʒɑ̃/ (Show IPA), Baron, 1771–1835, French painter.
5 letter words starting with gro
- groan — a low, mournful sound uttered in pain or grief: the groans of dying soldiers.
- groat — a silver coin of England, equal to four pennies, issued from 1279 to 1662.
- grody — repulsive; disgusting; nauseating.
- grofe — Ferde [fur-dee] /ˈfɜr di/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Rudolf von Grofé) 1892–1972, U.S. composer.
- groff — GNU roff. See also nroff, troff. Version 1.07 by James J. Clark <[email protected]>. FTP groff-1.07.tar.z from a GNU archive site.
6 letter words starting with gro
- groane — Obsolete spelling of groan.
- groans — Plural form of groan.
- groats — a silver coin of England, equal to four pennies, issued from 1279 to 1662.
- grocer — the owner or operator of a store that sells general food supplies and certain nonedible articles of household use, as soaps and paper products.
- grodno — a city in W Byelorussia (Belarus), on the Niemen River: formerly in Poland.
7 letter words starting with gro
8 letter words starting with gro
9 letter words starting with gro
- grocerant — A grocery store that sells prepared meals, either for eating on site or taking home.
- groceries — Also called grocery store. a grocer's store.
- grog-shop — a saloon or barroom, especially a cheap one.
- grommeted — Machinery. any of various rings or eyelets of metal or the like. an insulated washer of rubber or plastic, inserted in a hole in a metal part to prevent grounding of a wire passing through the hole.
- gromwells — Plural form of gromwell.
10 letter words starting with gro
- groceryman — a grocer.
- groceteria — a grocery store in which customers pick up products from shelves and pay for them on leaving the store, as opposed to one in which they are served by a shop assistant
- grogginess — staggering, as from exhaustion or blows: a boxer groggy from his opponent's hard left jab.
- grooviness — the quality of being groovy
- grotesques — Plural form of grotesque.
11 letter words starting with gro
- groatsworth — the amount that is, or may be, bought or sold for a groat
- groenendael — former name of Belgian sheepdog.
- groin-vault — a vault or ceiling created by the intersection of vaults.
- grosseteste — Robert. ?1175–1253, English prelate and scholar; bishop of Lincoln (1235–53). He attacked ecclesiastical abuses and wrote commentaries on Aristotle and treatises on theology, philosophy, and science
- grossierete — grossness or coarseness
12 letter words starting with gro
- grossularite — a mineral, calcium aluminum garnet, Ca 3 Al 2 Si 3 O 12 , occurring in gray-white to pinkish crystals.
- grosswardein — German name of Oradea.
- grotesquerie — Grotesque quality or grotesque things collectively.
- groundbursts — Plural form of groundburst.
- groundedness — the solid surface of the earth; firm or dry land: to fall to the ground.
13 letter words starting with gro
- grossglockner — a mountain in S Austria: highest peak in the Hohe Tauern range. 12,457 feet (3799 meters).
- grotesqueness — odd or unnatural in shape, appearance, or character; fantastically ugly or absurd; bizarre.
- grotesqueries — Plural form of grotesquery.
- ground-to-air — (of weapons) designed to be fired at aircraft from the ground
- groundbreaker — a person who is an originator, innovator, or pioneer in a particular activity.
14 letter words starting with gro
- groundbreaking — the act or ceremony of breaking ground for a new construction project.
- groundlessness — The state or condition of being groundless.
- groundskeepers — Plural form of groundskeeper.
- groundskeeping — The activity of tending an area of land for aesthetic or functional purposes; typically as an employee of a person or institution.
- grouse-beating — hunting for grouse by trying to drive them towards hunters using flags, sticks, and other devices
15 letter words starting with gro
16 letter words starting with gro
- ground-to-ground — (of weapons) designed to be fired at ground targets from the ground
17 letter words starting with gro
- ground-controlled approach — a system in which an observer interprets radar observations of the position of an aircraft and transmits continuous instructions to its pilot for landing. Abbreviation: GCA.
On this page, we collect all words starting with GRO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 502 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with GRO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.