Words starting with flat
4 letter words starting with flat
- flat — horizontally level: a flat roof.
- flat a — the vowel sound of a as in the usual US or S Brit pronunciation of hand, cat, usually represented by the symbol (æ)
- flat address space — (architecture) The memory architecture in which any memory location can be selected from a single contiguous block by a single integer offset. Almost all popular processors have a flat address space, but the Intel x86 family has a segmented address space. A flat address space greatly simplifies programming because of the simple correspondence between addresses (pointers) and integers.
- flat arch — an arch having a more or less flat intrados and extrados with voussoirs radiating from a center below the arch.
- flat as a pancake — without any curves or bumps
5 letter words starting with flat
6 letter words starting with flat
7 letter words starting with flat
- flatbed — Also called flatbed trailer, flatbed truck. a truck or trailer having an open body in the form of a platform without sides or stakes. Compare stake truck.
- flatcar — a railroad car consisting of a platform without sides or top.
- flating — (obsolete) With the flat side, as of a sword; flatlong; in a prostrate position.
- flatlet — a residential apartment with only one or two rooms.
- flatted — horizontally level: a flat roof.
8 letter words starting with flat
- flat-out — moving or working at top speed or with maximum effort; all-out: a flat-out effort by all contestants.
- flat-saw — plain-saw.
- flat-top — an aircraft carrier.
- flatback — a short name for the flatback turtle, Natator depressa, which is native to Australasia and characterized by the flatness of its back
- flatbeds — Plural form of flatbed.
9 letter words starting with flat
- flat-file — noting or pertaining to a database system in which each database consists of a single file not linked to any other file.
- flat-knit — (of a fabric) made by flat knitting.
- flat-pick — to play (an instrument) by plucking its strings with a flat pick.
- flatboats — Plural form of flatboat.
- flatbread — Also, flatbrod [flat-brohd] /ˈflæt broʊd/ (Show IPA). a thin, waferlike bread, usually rye, baked especially in Scandinavian countries.
10 letter words starting with flat
- flat-share — the state of living in a flat where each occupant shares the facilities and expenses
- flat-water — pertaining to or moving over a calm, level, or slow-flowing water channel.
- flat-woven — (of a carpet) woven without pile
- flatfooted — having flatfeet.
- flatlander — a region that lacks appreciable topographic relief.
11 letter words starting with flat
- flat-footed — having flatfeet.
- flat-packed — (of a piece of furniture, equipment, or other construction) supplied in pieces packed into a flat box for assembly by the buyer
- flat-rolled — (of steel or other metal) rolled into flat sheets, strips, etc.
- flatlanders — Plural form of flatlander.
- flatterable — to try to please by complimentary remarks or attention.
12 letter words starting with flat
- flat-chested — If you describe a woman as flat-chested, you mean that she has small breasts.
- flat-earther — a person who adheres to the idea that the earth is flat.
- flat-grained — (of sawed lumber) having the annual rings at an angle of less than 45° with the broader surfaces.
- flat-hunting — the activity of looking for a flat in which to live
- flatteringly — In a flattering manner.
13 letter words starting with flat
On this page, we collect all words starting with FLAT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 169 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with FLAT. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.