Words starting with flan
4 letter words starting with flan
5 letter words starting with flan
- flane — to walk idly; saunter
- flank — the side of an animal or a person between the ribs and hip.
- flans — Plural form of flan.
- flank speed — the maximum possible speed of a ship.
6 letter words starting with flan
- flanch — A flange.
- flange — a projecting rim, collar, or ring on a shaft, pipe, machine housing, etc., cast or formed to give additional strength, stiffness, or supporting area, or to provide a place for the attachment of other objects.
- flanks — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of flank.
- flanny — a shirt made of flannel or flannelette
- flange coupling — a driving coupling between rotating shafts that consists of flanges (or half couplings) one of which is fixed at the end of each shaft, the two flanges being bolted together with a ring of bolts to complete the drive
7 letter words starting with flan
- flaneur — idler; dawdler; loafer.
- flanged — Having one or more flanges.
- flanger — An electronic device that alters a sound signal by introducing a cyclically varying phase shift into one of two identical copies of the signal and recombining them, used especially in popular music to alter the sound of an instrument.
- flanges — Plural form of flange.
- flanked — the side of an animal or a person between the ribs and hip.
8 letter words starting with flan
- flanagan — Edward Joseph ("Father Flanagan") 1886–1948, U.S. Roman Catholic priest, born in Ireland: founder of a farm village for wayward boys.
- flancard — a piece of armour covering a horse's flank
- flanders — a medieval country in W Europe, extending along the North Sea from the Strait of Dover to the Scheldt River: the corresponding modern regions include the provinces of East Flanders and West Flanders in W Belgium, and the adjacent parts of N France and SW Netherlands.
- flanerie — idleness; dawdling.
- flaneurs — Plural form of flaneur.
9 letter words starting with flan
- flangeway — an opening, parallel to a rail, made through platforms, pavements, track structures, etc., to permit passage of wheel flanges.
- flankered — Simple past tense and past participle of flanker.
- flanneled — Covered or wrapped in flannel.
- flannelet — a warm, soft cotton fabric, plain or printed, napped on one side.
- flannelly — made of or resembling flannel.
10 letter words starting with flan
- flanconade — in fencing, a thrust in the side
- flankering — Present participle of flanker.
- flanneling — a soft, slightly napped fabric of wool or wool and another fiber, used for trousers, jackets, shirts, etc.
- flannelled — Wearing clothes made of flannel; especially wearing cricket whites.
- flannelled fool — a cricketer
11 letter words starting with flan
- flannelette — a warm, soft cotton fabric, plain or printed, napped on one side.
- flannelling — a soft, slightly napped fabric of wool or wool and another fiber, used for trousers, jackets, shirts, etc.
12 letter words starting with flan
- flannel-leaf — the common mullein, Verbascum thapsus.
- flannelboard — a flannel-covered surface to which other flannel pieces, as letters of the alphabet, numbers, etc., adhere merely by contact, used mainly in schools as a visual aid.
- flannelmouth — a person whose speech is thick, slow, or halting.
- flannelmouth sucker — a sucker, Catostomus latipinnis, of the Colorado River and its tributaries.
13 letter words starting with flan
- flannel-mouth — a person whose speech is thick, slow, or halting.
14 letter words starting with flan
- flannelmouthed — talking thickly, slowly, or haltingly.
15 letter words starting with flan
- flannel-mouthed — speaking thickly, as if one's mouth were full of flannel
On this page, we collect all words starting with FLAN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 54 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with FLAN. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.