Words starting with fish
4 letter words starting with fish
- fish — (loosely) any of various other aquatic animals.
- fish and brewis — a Newfoundland dish of cooked salt cod and soaked hard bread
- fish and chip shop — In Britain, a fish and chip shop is a shop which sells hot food such as fish and chips, fried chicken, sausages, and meat pies. The food is cooked in the shop and people take it away to eat at home or in the street.
- fish and chips — fried fish fillets and French fries.
- fish ball — a fried ball (or patty) of minced fish, often mixed with mashed potatoes
5 letter words starting with fish
- fishy — like a fish in shape, smell, taste, or the like.
6 letter words starting with fish
- fished — Simple past tense and past participle of fish.
- fisher — Andrew, 1862–1928, Australian statesman, born in Scotland: prime minister 1908–09, 1910–13, 1914–15.
- fishes — any of various cold-blooded, aquatic vertebrates, having gills, commonly fins, and typically an elongated body covered with scales.
- fishie — (childish) diminutive of fish; alternative spelling of fishy.
- fisher king — (in the story of Percival) the custodian of the Grail.
7 letter words starting with fish
- fishers — Plural form of fisher.
- fishery — a place where fish are bred; fish hatchery.
- fisheye — (in plasterwork) a surface defect having the form of a spot.
- fishfly — a neuropterous insect of the family Corydalidae that is similar to but smaller than a dobsonfly.
- fishful — teeming with fish, full of fish
8 letter words starting with fish
- fish-eye — a very small lens in a door that enables a person inside to see a visitor
- fishable — that may be fished in: nonpolluted, fishable streams.
- fishbait — Bait for fishing.
- fishball — A Chinese food item made from pulverized fish shaped into a ball.
- fishbolt — a bolt used for fastening a fishplate to a rail
9 letter words starting with fish
- fish-hook — a hook used in fishing.
- fish-pole — a long tapered flexible pole, often in jointed sections, for use with a fishing line and, usually, a reel
- fish-tail — to swerve or skid from side to side, as the rear end of a car.
- fishbones — Plural form of fishbone.
- fishbowls — Plural form of fishbowl.
10 letter words starting with fish
11 letter words starting with fish
12 letter words starting with fish
On this page, we collect all words starting with FISH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 159 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with FISH. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.