Words starting with ferro
6 letter words starting with ferro
7 letter words starting with ferro
- ferrous — of or containing iron, especially in the bivalent state.
- ferrous oxide — a black powder, FeO, insoluble in water, soluble in acid.
- ferrous sulfate — a bluish-green, crystalline, saline-tasting, water-soluble heptahydrated solid, FeSO 4 ⋅7H 2 O, used chiefly in the manufacture of other iron salts, in water purification, fertilizer, inks, pigments, tanning, photography, and in medicine in the treatment of anemia.
- ferrous sulfide — a dark or black metallic crystalline compound, FeS, insoluble in water, soluble in acids, used in ceramics and to generate hydrogen sulfide.
- ferrous sulphate — an iron salt with a saline taste, usually obtained as greenish crystals of the heptahydrate, which are converted to the white monohydrate above 100°C: used in inks, tanning, water purification, and in the treatment of anaemia. Formula: FeSO4
9 letter words starting with ferro
- ferrocene — Also called dicyclopentadienyliron. an orange, crystalline, water-insoluble coordination compound, (C 5 H 5) 2 Fe, having a camphorlike odor: used chiefly as an antiknock agent for gasoline and as a catalyst. Compare metallocene.
- ferrogram — a slide prepared to illustrate the suspended iron particles in the lubricant of a machine
- ferrotype — to put a glossy surface on (a print) by pressing, while wet, on a metal sheet (ferrotype tin)
10 letter words starting with ferro
- ferroalloy — an alloy of iron with some element other than carbon, used to introduce the element in the manufacture of steel.
- ferrofluid — A fluid containing a magnetic suspension.
- ferrograms — plural of Ferrogram
- ferroniere — jewel, on a chain, worn on the forehead
- ferrotypes — Plural form of ferrotype.
11 letter words starting with ferro
- ferroalloys — Plural form of ferroalloy.
- ferrocement — (of a boat hull) constructed of mortar troweled over a wire mesh that has been preshaped over a mold.
- ferrocerium — an alloy of 65 percent misch metal and 35 percent iron, used in flints for cigarette lighters.
- ferrocyanic — (inorganic chemistry) Of, pertaining to, or derived from a ferrocyanide.
- ferrography — the analysis of iron in lubricants in order to assess the extent of wear in a machine
12 letter words starting with ferro
- ferrocyanide — a salt of ferrocyanic acid, as potassium ferrocyanide, K 4 Fe(CN) 6 .
- ferrofluidic — Of or pertaining to a ferrofluid.
- ferrokinesis — (parapsychology) The ability to mentally manipulate iron and other metals.
- ferroniobium — An important alloy of iron and niobium.
- ferrosilicon — a ferroalloy containing up to 95 percent silicon.
13 letter words starting with ferro
- ferroaluminum — a ferroalloy containing up to 80 percent aluminum.
- ferrochromium — a ferroalloy containing up to 70 percent chromium.
- ferroconcrete — reinforced concrete.
- ferrocyanogen — a ferrocyanide radical
- ferroelectric — pertaining to a substance that possesses spontaneous electric polarization such that the polarization can be reversed by an electric field.
14 letter words starting with ferro
- ferroelectrics — Plural form of ferroelectric.
- ferromagnesian — (of minerals and rocks) containing iron and magnesium.
- ferromagnetism — noting or pertaining to a substance, as iron, that below a certain temperature, the Curie point, can possess magnetization in the absence of an external magnetic field; noting or pertaining to a substance in which the magnetic moments of the atoms are aligned.
- ferromanganese — a ferroalloy containing up to 90 percent manganese.
- ferrozirconium — a ferroalloy containing up to 40 percent zirconium.
15 letter words starting with ferro
- ferroelasticity — (physics) A phenomenon, analogous to ferromagnetism and ferroelectricity, in which spontaneous strain arises within a material.
- ferromolybdenum — a ferroalloy containing up to 60 percent molybdenum.
16 letter words starting with ferro
- ferroelectricity — (physics) The electric polarization of a substance (spontaneous presence of a dipole moment) that is analagous to ferromagnetism.
On this page, we collect all words starting with FERRO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 48 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with FERRO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.