Words starting with fau
4 letter words starting with fau
- faun — one of a class of rural deities represented as men with the ears, horns, tail, and later also the hind legs of a goat.
- faux — artificial or imitation; fake: a brooch with faux pearls.
- faux fur — artificial animal pelt
- faux pas — a slip or blunder in etiquette, manners, or conduct; an embarrassing social blunder or indiscretion.
5 letter words starting with fau
- faugh — Expressing disgust.
- fauld — a piece below the breastplate, composed of lames and corresponding to the culet in back.
- fault — a defect or imperfection; flaw; failing: a fault in the brakes; a fault in one's character.
- fauna — the animals of a given region or period considered as a whole.
- fauns — one of a class of rural deities represented as men with the ears, horns, tail, and later also the hind legs of a goat.
6 letter words starting with fau
- faucal — pertaining to the fauces or opening of the throat.
- fauces — Anatomy. the cavity at the back of the mouth, leading into the pharynx.
- faucet — any device for controlling the flow of liquid from a pipe or the like by opening or closing an orifice; tap; cock.
- faulds — Plural form of fauld.
- faults — Plural form of fault.
7 letter words starting with fau
8 letter words starting with fau
- faubourg — a suburb or a quarter just outside a French city.
- faucaria — any succulent plant of the genus Faucaria, comprising several species native to southern Africa and having solitary yellow or white flowers.
- fauchard — a shafted weapon having a knifelike blade with a convex cutting edge and a beak on the back for catching the blade of an aggressor's weapon.
- faulkner — William, 1897–1962, U.S. novelist and short-story writer. Nobel Prize 1949.
- faultful — Full of faults or sins.
9 letter words starting with fau
- faultless — without fault, flaw, or defect; perfect.
- faultline — the surface of a fault fracture along which the rocks have been displaced
- faunistic — of or relating to the geographical distribution of animal life.
- faux-naif — marked by a pretense of simplicity or innocence; disingenuous.
- fauxmance — a fake romance between two celebrities in order to gain press coverage
10 letter words starting with fau
- fault-find — to seek out minor imperfections or errors; carp
- faultiness — having faults or defects; imperfect.
- fauxhemian — Someone who adopts some aspects of a Bohemian lifestyle while staying within social conventions.
- fauxminist — a person who makes an insincere pretence of feminism
- fauxtatoes — Mashed cauliflower used as an alternative to potatoes by followers of a low-carbohydrate diet.
11 letter words starting with fau
- faulknerian — of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or resembling the literary style of William Faulkner.
- faultfinder — a person who habitually finds fault, complains, or objects, especially in a petty way.
- faultlessly — In a faultless manner.
- fauxbourdon — Music. a 15th-century compositional technique employing three voices, the upper and lower voices progressing an octave or a sixth apart while the middle voice extemporaneously doubles the upper part at a fourth below.
- fault-based testing — (testing) Software testing using test data designed to demonstrate the absence of a set of pre-specified faults; typically, frequently occurring faults. For example, to demonstrate that the software handles or avoids divide by zero correctly, the test data would include zero.
12 letter words starting with fau
13 letter words starting with fau
14 letter words starting with fau
- fault-tolerant — designed to return to a safe condition in the event of a failure or malfunction
On this page, we collect all words starting with FAU. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 88 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with FAU. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.