Words starting with ent
3 letter words starting with ent
- ent — (fantasy) A fictional large talking tree.
4 letter words starting with ent
5 letter words starting with ent
6 letter words starting with ent
7 letter words starting with ent
- entails — Plural form of entail.
- entases — Plural form of entasis.
- entasia — (medicine) tonic spasm; any disease characterized by tonic spasms, such as tetanus or trismus.
- entasis — A slight convex curve in the shaft of a column, introduced to correct the visual illusion of concavity produced by a straight shaft.
- entebbe — a town in S Uganda, on Lake Victoria: British administrative centre of Uganda (1893–1958); international airport. Pop: 57 518 (2002 est)
8 letter words starting with ent
- entailed — Simple past tense and past participle of entail.
- entameba — any of a genus (Entamoeba) of amoebas parasitic in vertebrates, esp. a species (E. histolytica) causing amoebic dysentery
- entangle — Cause to become twisted together with or caught in.
- entastic — characterized by spasms
- entellus — A small Asian monkey, Presbytis entellus, having bristly hairs on the crown and the sides of the face.
9 letter words starting with ent
- entailing — Involve (something) as a necessary or inevitable part or consequence.
- entamoeba — any parasitic amoeba of the genus Entamoeba (or Endamoeba), esp E. histolytica, which lives in the intestines of humans and causes amoebic dysentery
- entangled — Simple past tense and past participle of entangle.
- entangler — That which entangles or causes entanglement.
- entangles — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of entangle.
10 letter words starting with ent
11 letter words starting with ent
- entablature — A horizontal, continuous lintel on a classical building supported by columns or a wall, comprising the architrave, frieze, and cornice.
- entablement — A platform supporting a statue, above the dado and base.
- entailments — Plural form of entailment.
- entelligent — Obsolete form of intelligent.
- enterectomy — surgical excision of part of the intestine
12 letter words starting with ent
- entablatures — Plural form of entablature.
- entanglement — The action or fact of entangling or being entangled.
- enterobacter — Any bacterium of the genus Enterobacter.
- enterobiasis — a disease, common in children, caused by infestation of the large intestine with nematodes of the genus Enterobius, esp the pinworm (E. vermicularis)
- enteroclysis — A fluoroscopic X-ray of the small intestine.
13 letter words starting with ent
- entanglements — Plural form of entanglement.
- enterocolitis — Inflammation of both the small intestine and the colon.
- enterohepatic — Relating to or denoting the circulation of bile salts and other secretions from the liver to the intestine, where they are reabsorbed into the blood and returned to the liver.
- enteropathies — Plural form of enteropathy.
- enterotoxemia — Blood poisoning caused by an enterotoxin.
14 letter words starting with ent
- enteric-coated — An enteric-coated tablet is one that is designed to temporarily withstand attack by stomach acid, so that it does not dissolve in the stomach but allows release of the medication in the intestine.
- enterobacteria — (microbiology) Plural form of enterobacterium.
- enterocentesis — a procedure that involves puncturing the intestine to withdraw fluid or gas
- enterogastrone — a hormone liberated by the upper intestinal mucosa when stimulated by fat: reduces peristalsis and secretion in the stomach
- enteropneustal — relating to enteropneusts
15 letter words starting with ent
- enterobacterial — relating to enterobacteria
- enterobacterium — (microbiology) Any of very many gram-negative rod-shaped bacteria of the family Enterobacteriaceae, many of which are pathogenic.
- enterohepatitis — dual inflammation of the intestine and liver
- enteropeptidase — Enterokinase.
- entomologically — In terms of entomology.
16 letter words starting with ent
17 letter words starting with ent
- entrepreneurially — In an entrepreneurial manner.
18 letter words starting with ent
- entrepreneurialism — The spirit or state of acting in an entrepreneurial manner.
19 letter words starting with ent
- entity-relationship diagram — entity-relationship model
- entity-relationship model — (database, specification) An approach to data modelling proposed by P. Chen in 1976. The model says that you divide your database in two logical parts, entities (e.g. "customer", "product") and relations ("buys", "pays for"). One of the first activities in specifying an application is defining the entities involved and their relationships, e.g. using an entity-relationship diagram to represent a model.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ENT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 369 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ENT. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.