Words starting with ei
3 letter words starting with ei
- eia — Electronics Industry Association
- eib — European Investment Bank
- eid — Alternative capitalization of Eid.
- eir — (neologism) Belonging to em, their (singular). non-gloss definition Gender-neutral third-person singular possessive adjective, coordinate with 'his' and 'her'.
- eis — Educational Institute of Scotland
4 letter words starting with ei
5 letter words starting with ei
- eider — A northern sea duck, of which the male has mainly black and white plumage with a colored head, and the brown female has soft down feathers that are used to line the nest.
- eidos — The distinctive expression of the cognitive or intellectual character of a culture or social group.
- eifel — a plateau region in W Germany, between the River Moselle and the Belgian frontier: quarrying
- eigen — Manfred. born 1927, German physical chemist: shared the Nobel prize for chemistry (1967) for developing his relaxation technique for studying fast reactions
- eiger — a mountain in central Switzerland, in the Bernese Alps. Height: 3970 m (13 025 ft)
6 letter words starting with ei
- eident — diligent
- eiders — Plural form of eider.
- eiffel — (language) An object-oriented language produced by Bertrand Meyer in 1985. Eiffel has classes with multiple inheritance and repeated inheritance, deferred classes (like Smalltalk's abstract class), and clusters of classes. Objects can have both static types and dynamic types. The dynamic type must be a descendant of the static (declared) type. Dynamic binding resolves multiple inheritance clashes. It has flattened forms of classes, in which all of the inherited features are added at the same level and generic classes parametrised by type. Other features are persistent objects, garbage collection, exception handling, foreign language interface. Classes may be equipped with assertions (routine preconditions and postconditions, class invariants) implementing the theory of "Design by Contract" and helping produce more reliable software. Eiffel is compiled to C. It comes with libraries containing several hundred classes: data structures and algorithms (EiffelBase), graphics and user interfaces (EiffelVision) and language analysis (EiffelLex, EiffelParse). The first release of Eiffel was release 1.4, introduced at the first OOPSLA in October 1986. The language proper was first described in a University of California, Santa Barbara report dated September 1985. Eiffel is available, with different libraries, from several sources including Interactive Software Engineering, USA (ISE Eiffel version 3.3); Sig Computer GmbH, Germany (Eiffel/S); and Tower, Inc., Austin (Tower Eiffel). The language definition is administered by an open organisation, the Nonprofit International Consortium for Eiffel (NICE). There is a standard kernel library. An Eiffel source checker and compiler front-end is available. See also Sather, Distributed Eiffel, Lace, shelf. E-mail: <[email protected]>.
- eigen- — characteristic; proper
- eighth — Constituting number eight in a sequence; 8th.
7 letter words starting with ei
- eia-232 — (communications, standard) (Formerly "RS-232") The most common asynchronous serial line standard. EIA-232 is the EIA equivalent of ITU-T V.24, and V.28. EIA-232 specifies the gender and pin use of connectors, but not their physical type. RS-423 specifies the electrical signals. 25-way D-type connectors are common but often only three wires are connected - one ground (pin 7) and one for data in each direction. The other pins are primarily related to hardware handshaking between sender and receiver and to carrier detection on modems, inoperative circuits, busy conditions etc. The standard classifies equipment as either Data Communications Equipment (DCE) or Data Terminal Equipment (DTE). DTE receives data on pin 3 and transmits on pin 2 (TD). A DCE EIA-232 interface has a female connector. DCE receives data from DTE on pin 2 (TD) and sends that data out the analog line. Data received from the analog line is sent by the DCE on pin 3(RD). Originally DCE was a modem and DTE was a computer or terminal. The terminal or computer was connected (via EIA-232) to two modems, which were connected via a telephone line. The above arrangement allows a computer or terminal to be connected to a modem with a straight-through (2-2, 3-3) cable. It is common, however, to find equipment with the wrong sex connector or with pins two and three reversed, requiring the insertion of a cable or adaptor wired as a gender mender or null modem. Such an adaptor is also required when connecting a computer directly to a terminal or to another computer without the use of modems.
- eia-422 — (communications, standard) (Formerly "RS-422") An EIA serial line standard which specifies 4-wire, full-duplex, differential line, multi-drop communications. The mechanical connections for this interface are specified by EIA-449. The maximum cable length is 1200m. Maximum data rates are 10Mbps at 1.2m or 100Kbps at 1200m. EIA-422 cannot implement a truly multi-point communications network (such as with EIA-485), although only one driver can be connected to up to ten receivers. The best use of EIA-422 is probably in EIA-232 extension cords.
- eia-423 — (communications, standard) (Formerly "RS-423") An EIA serial line standard which specifies single ended communication. The mechanical connections for this interface are specified by EIA-449. Although it was originally intented as a successor of EIA-232 it is not widely used. The EIA-232 standard has its limits at 20kbps and 1.5m. EIA-423 can have a cable lenght of 1200m, and achieve a data rate of 100Kbps. When no data is being transmitted, the serial line is at a logical zero (+3 to +15 Volts). A logical one is represented as a signal level of -15 to -3 Volts. In practise, one often finds signals which switch between nominally +4.5 and +0.5 Volts. Such signals are large by modern standards, and because the impedance of the circuits is relatively high, the allowable bit rate is modest. The data is preceded by a start bit which is always a logical one. There may be seven or eight bits of data, possibly followed by an even or odd parity bit and one or two stop bits. A "break" condition is a continuous logical one on the line which is what would be observed if nothing was connected.
- eia-449 — (communications, standard) (Formerly "RS-449") An EIA standard for a 37-pin or 9-pin D-type connector (functional- and mechanical characteristics), usually used with EIA-422 or EIA-423 electrical specifications.
- eia-485 — (communications, standard) (Formerly "RS-485") An EIA serial line standard which specifies 2-wire, half-duplex, differential line, multi-point communications. Maximum cable length is 1200m. Maximum data rates are 10Mbps at 1.2m or 100Kbps at 1200m. EIA-485 can implement a truly multi-point communications network, and specifies up to 32 drivers and 32 receivers on a single (2-wire) bus.
8 letter words starting with ei
- eia-232c — (communications, standard) The EIA equivalent of ITU-T standard V.24. The EIA EIA-232C electrical signal is unbalanced +/- 5 to +/- 12V, polar non return to zero and handles data speeds up to 19.2 kilobits per second.
- eichmann — Karl Adolf (ˈaːdɔlf). 1902–62, Austrian Nazi official, who took a leading role in organizing the extermination of the European Jews. He escaped to Argentina after World War II, but was captured and executed in Israel as a war criminal
- eidolons — Plural form of eidolon.
- eighteen — Equivalent to the product of two and nine; one more than seventeen, or eight more than ten; 18.
- eighties — Plural form of eighty.
9 letter words starting with ei
- eiderdown — Small, soft feathers from the breast of the female eider duck.
- eidograph — a type of pantograph that was invented by the Scottish mathematician William Wallace in 1821 and which was more accurate than other pantographs
- eigenmode — a normal mode in an oscillating system, being one in which all parts of the system are oscillating with the same frequency
- eigentone — a characteristic acoustic resonance frequency of a system
- eightball — (in pool) the black ball, marked with the number eight
10 letter words starting with ei
- eicosanoid — (biochemistry) Any of a family of naturally-occurring substances derived from 20-carbon polyunsaturated fatty acids; they include the prostaglandins, thromboxanes, leukotrienes and epoxyeicosatrienoic acids; they function as hormones.
- eiderdowns — Plural form of eiderdown.
- eigenspace — (linear algebra) A set of the eigenvectors associated with a particular eigenvalue, together with the zero vector.
- eigenstate — A quantum-mechanical state corresponding to an eigenvalue of a wave equation.
- eigenvalue — Each of a set of values of a parameter for which a differential equation has a nonzero solution (an eigenfunction) under given conditions.
11 letter words starting with ei
- eichendorff — Joseph (ˈjoːzɛf), Freiherr von. 1788–1857, German poet and novelist, regarded as one of the greatest German romantic lyricists
- eicosanoids — Plural form of eicosanoid.
- eid-ul-adha — an annual Muslim festival marking the end of the pilgrimage to Mecca. Animals are sacrificed and their meat shared among the poor
- eid-ul-fitr — an annual Muslim festival marking the end of Ramadan, involving the exchange of gifts and a festive meal
- eidetically — In an eidetic way.
12 letter words starting with ei
13 letter words starting with ei
- eigenfunction — Each of a set of independent functions that are the solutions to a given differential equation.
- eighteenpence — The monetary amount of eighteen pence.
- eighteenpenny — Having a value or cost of eighteenpence.
- eighth-grader — someone who is in the eighth grade at school
- eighty-column mind — (abuse) The sort said to be possessed by persons for whom the transition from punched card to paper tape was traumatic (nobody has dared tell them about disks yet). It is said that these people, including (according to an old joke) the founder of IBM, will be buried "face down, 9-edge first" (the 9-edge being the bottom of the card). This directive is inscribed on IBM's 1402 and 1622 card readers and is referenced in a famous bit of doggerel called "The Last Bug", the climactic lines of which are as follows: He died at the console Of hunger and thirst. Next day he was buried, Face down, 9-edge first. The eighty-column mind is thought by most hackers to dominate IBM's customer base and its thinking. See fear and loathing, card walloper.
14 letter words starting with ei
- eigenfrequency — One of the natural resonant frequencies of a system.
16 letter words starting with ei
18 letter words starting with ei
- eigendecomposition — (linear algebra) The factorization of a matrix into a canonical form, whereby the matrix is represented in terms of its eigenvalues and eigenvectors.
On this page, we collect all words starting with EI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 136 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with EI. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.