Words starting with contro
7 letter words starting with contro
- control — Control of an organization, place, or system is the power to make all the important decisions about the way that it is run.
- control account — an account to which are posted the debit and credit totals of other accounts, usually in preparation of financial statements
- control and status register — (hardware) (CSR) A register in most CPUs which stores additional information about the results of machine instructions, e.g. comparisons. It usually consists of several independent flags such as carry, overflow and zero. The CSR is chiefly used to determine the outcome of conditional branch instructions or other forms of conditional execution.
- control board — a panel containing switches, dials, and other equipment for regulating electrical devices, lights, etc.
- control bus — (architecture) In a digital computer, the signal paths that carry commands from the instruction decode logic to various different functional units such as the ALU, memory address register, memory data register and other buffers. Named by analogy with the address bus and data bus, each of which carries a set of related signals, the signals carried by the control bus are more independent. Some might include other signals such as timing (clock) and status under the term, further reducing its similarity to other busses.
8 letter words starting with contro
9 letter words starting with contro
- control-c — (character) (Or ETX, End of Text) The ASCII character with code 3. Control-C is the interrupt character used in the command-line interface of many operating systems, including Unix and MS-DOS to force a running program to stop and return control to the user.
- control-g — bell
- control-o — (character) ASCII character 15 (SI). The character used on some operating systems to abort output but allow the program to keep on running. The name "SI" comes from its use on some terminals to "shift in" an alternative character set. "SO" is Control-N. Compare control-S.
- control-q — (character) (Or XON, DC1, Device Control 1) The character with ASCII code 17, used in software handshaking to resume output after a previous control-S.
- control-s — (character) (Or XOFF, DC3, Device Control 3) The character with ASCII code 19, used in software handshaking to temporarily suspend output until a control-Q is received.
10 letter words starting with contro
- controlled — held in check; curbed: poorly controlled anger.
- controller — A controller is a person who has responsibility for a particular organization or for a particular part of an organization.
- controvert — to deny, refute, or oppose (some argument or opinion)
- controlled drug — a drug whose sale is illegal except through prescribed medical channels
- controlled experiment — an experiment or trial that uses controls, usually separating the subjects into one or more control groups and experimental groups.
11 letter words starting with contro
- controllers — Plural form of controller.
- controlless — to exercise restraint or direction over; dominate; command: The car is difficult to control at high speeds. That zone is controlled by enemy troops.
- controlling — having or attempting to exert control
- controlment — power to direct or determine
- controverse — a controversy
12 letter words starting with contro
- controllable — If something is controllable you are able to control or influence it.
- controllably — to exercise restraint or direction over; dominate; command: The car is difficult to control at high speeds. That zone is controlled by enemy troops.
- controversal — (obsolete, rare) Facing opposite directions.
- controverted — to argue against; dispute; deny; oppose.
- controverter — One who controverts; a controversial writer; a controversialist.
13 letter words starting with contro
- controllables — to exercise restraint or direction over; dominate; command: The car is difficult to control at high speeds. That zone is controlled by enemy troops.
- controversary — (obsolete) controversial.
- controversial — If you describe something or someone as controversial, you mean that they are the subject of intense public argument, disagreement, or disapproval.
- controversies — Plural form of controversy.
- controversion — (chiefly, archaic) controversy.
14 letter words starting with contro
15 letter words starting with contro
- controllability — to exercise restraint or direction over; dominate; command: The car is difficult to control at high speeds. That zone is controlled by enemy troops.
- controversially — of, relating to, or characteristic of controversy, or prolonged public dispute, debate, or contention; polemical: a controversial book.
16 letter words starting with contro
- controllableness — The state of being controllable; the capability of being controlled.
- controversialism — The attitude or tendency to engage in controversy.
- controversialist — a person who takes part in controversy or likes to do so
- controversiality — The quality or state of being controversial.
- controversialize — (transitive) To make to appear controversial.
17 letter words starting with contro
- controversialness — The state or quality of being controversial.
18 letter words starting with contro
On this page, we collect all words starting with CONTRO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 92 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CONTRO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.