Words starting with com
4 letter words starting with com
- com- — together; with; jointly
- coma — Someone who is in a coma is in a state of deep unconsciousness.
- comb — A comb is a flat piece of plastic or metal with narrow pointed teeth along one side, which you use to tidy your hair.
- come — When a person or thing comes to a particular place, especially to a place where you are, they move there.
- como — a city in N Italy, in Lombardy at the SW end of Lake Como: tourist centre. Pop: 78 680 (2001)
5 letter words starting with com
6 letter words starting with com
- comate — having tufts of hair
- combat — Combat is fighting that takes place in a war.
- comber — a person, tool, or machine that combs wool, flax, etc
- comedo — a plug of dirt and fatty matter in a skin duct; blackhead
- comedy — Comedy consists of types of entertainment, such as plays and films, or particular scenes in them, that are intended to make people laugh.
7 letter words starting with com
- comaker — a person who, in addition to a person who is borrowing money, makes a formal promise that a loan will be repaid or a payment made to a creditor, by signing a promissory note
- comales — a griddle made from sandstone or earthenware.
- comatic — of, relating to, or produced by a coma
- combine — If you combine two or more things or if they combine, they exist together.
- combing — a toothed strip of plastic, hard rubber, bone, wood, or metal, used for arranging the hair, untangling it, or holding it in place.
8 letter words starting with com
- comanche — a member of a Native American people, formerly ranging from the River Platte to the Mexican border, now living in Oklahoma
- comaneci — Nadia. born 1961, Romanian gymnast: gold medal winner in the 1976 Olympic Games where she became the first female gymnast to be awarded a perfect score of 10; defected to the US in 1989
- comatose — A person who is comatose is in a coma.
- comb-out — a thorough combing or brushing of the hair.
- combahee — a river in S South Carolina, flowing SE to the Atlantic Ocean. 40 miles (64 km) long.
9 letter words starting with com
- comatulid — any of a group of crinoid echinoderms, including the feather stars, in which the adults are free-swimming
- comayagua — a city in W central Honduras.
- comb-over — a hairstyle in which long strands of hair from the side of the head are swept over the scalp to cover a bald patch
- combatant — A combatant is a person, group, or country that takes part in the fighting in a war.
- combating — to fight or contend against; oppose vigorously: to combat crime.
10 letter words starting with com
- comanchean — of or relating to the early part of the Cretaceous system and period
- comanchero — (in 19th-century New Mexico) a trader who traded with the Native American nomadic tribes such as the Comanche, Navajo, and Apache
- comandante — commandant.
- combatable — to fight or contend against; oppose vigorously: to combat crime.
- combatants — a nation engaged in active fighting with enemy forces.
11 letter words starting with com
12 letter words starting with com
13 letter words starting with com
- combinability — capable of combining or being combined.
- combinatorial — of or involving combination, esp. mathematical combination
- combinatorics — a branch of mathematics dealing with combinations and permutations
- commandership — a person who commands.
- commeasurable — having the same measure or extent; commensurate.
14 letter words starting with com
- combustibility — capable of catching fire and burning; inflammable; flammable: Gasoline vapor is highly combustible.
- comfortability — (of clothing, furniture, etc.) producing or affording physical comfort, support, or ease: a comfortable chair; comfortable shoes.
- comma-position — an angular part, position, or formation.
- command-driven — pertaining to or denoting a software program whose instructions to perform specified tasks are issued by the user as typed commands in predetermined syntax (contrasted with menu-driven).
- commensurately — corresponding in amount, magnitude, or degree: Your paycheck should be commensurate with the amount of time worked.
15 letter words starting with com
- combinatorially — in a combinatorial manner
- comfortableness — (of clothing, furniture, etc.) producing or affording physical comfort, support, or ease: a comfortable chair; comfortable shoes.
- committeeperson — a member of a committee.
- commodification — to turn into a commodity; make commercial.
- commoditization — The transformation of something into a commodity.
16 letter words starting with com
- commonsensically — sound practical judgment that is independent of specialized knowledge, training, or the like; normal native intelligence.
- commutation-test — the act of substituting one thing for another; substitution; exchange.
- compartmentalise — to divide into categories or compartments.
- compartmentalize — To compartmentalize something means to divide it into separate sections.
- compartmentation — subdivision of a hull into spaces enclosed by watertight bulkheads and sometimes by watertight decks.
17 letter words starting with com
- commercialization — to make commercial in character, methods, or spirit.
- communicativeness — inclined to communicate or impart; talkative: He isn't feeling very communicative today.
- complementariness — forming a complement; completing.
- complex-conjugate — one of a group of conjugate words.
- composite-volcano — a large, steep volcano built up of alternating layers of lava and ash or cinders.
19 letter words starting with com
- common-iliac-artery — Also called common iliac artery. either of two large arteries that conduct blood to the pelvis and the legs.
- complement-sentence — a subordinate clause that functions as the subject, direct object, or prepositional object of a verb, as that you like it in I'm surprised that you like it.
- community-supported agriculture — a system by which people purchase a share from a local farm and periodically receive vegetables and other agricultural products throughout the farming season. Abbreviation: CSA.
- complement-fixation test — a test for diagnosing an infectious disease by detecting the presence of antibody in the blood, based on the fixing of a known quantity of complement to the antigen being tested and the specific antibody that combines with it. Abbreviation: CFT.
20 letter words starting with com
- compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
23 letter words starting with com
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
26 letter words starting with com
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words starting with COM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2096 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with COM. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.