Words starting with cla
4 letter words starting with cla
- clad — If you are clad in particular clothes, you are wearing them.
- clag — sticky mud
- clam — Clams are a kind of shellfish which can be eaten.
- clan — A clan is a group which consists of families that are related to each other.
- clap — When you clap, you hit your hands together to show appreciation or attract attention.
5 letter words starting with cla
- clach — a stone
- clack — If things clack or if you clack them, they make a short loud noise, especially when they hit each other.
- clade — a group of organisms considered as having evolved from a common ancestor
- clads — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of clad.
- claes — (Scotland) clothes.
6 letter words starting with cla
7 letter words starting with cla
- clabber — curdled milk
- clachan — a small village; hamlet
- clacked — to make a quick, sharp sound, or a succession of such sounds, as by striking or cracking: The loom clacked busily under her expert hands.
- clacker — an object that makes a clacking sound
- clacket — Make a series of sharp sounds as a result of a hard object striking another.
8 letter words starting with cla
9 letter words starting with cla
10 letter words starting with cla
- clactonian — one of the Lower Palaeolithic cultures found in England, characterized by the use of chopper tools
- cladistics — a method of grouping animals that makes use of lines of descent rather than structural similarities
- cladoceran — any minute freshwater crustacean of the order Cladocera, which includes the water fleas
- cladograms — Plural form of cladogram.
- cladophyll — a green, flattened branch arising from the axil of a leaf, with the shape and functions of a foliage leaf
11 letter words starting with cla
12 letter words starting with cla
- cladocarpous — pleurocarpous.
- cladogenesis — adaptive evolution leading to a greater variety of species
- cladogenetic — relating to cladogenesis
- cladosporium — any of the species of fungi in the genus Cladosporium
- claim-jumper — a person who seizes another's claim of land, especially for mineral rights.
13 letter words starting with cla
- cladistically — from a cladistic point of view
- claim-jumping — a person who seizes another's claim of land, especially for mineral rights.
- clair-de-lune — a work for the piano by Claude Debussy, third movement of the Suite bergamasque.
- clair-obscure — chiaroscuro.
- clairaudience — the postulated ability to hear sounds beyond the range of normal hearing
14 letter words starting with cla
15 letter words starting with cla
- clandestineness — The state or quality of being clandestine.
- class-conscious — Someone who is class-conscious is very aware of the differences between the various classes of people in society, and often has a strong feeling of belonging to a particular class.
- classifications — Plural form of classification.
- claustrophobics — Plural form of claustrophobic.
16 letter words starting with cla
- clackmannanshire — a council area and historical county of central Scotland; became part of the Central region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority in 1996; mainly agricultural. Administrative centre: Alloa. Pop: 47 680 (2003 est). Area: 142 sq km (55 sq miles)
- cladogenetically — By means of cladogenesis.
- clay-with-flints — a deposit of stiff clay containing unworn whole flints in the S England
17 letter words starting with cla
- classical-nahuatl — a member of a Nahuatl-speaking state in central Mexico that was conquered by Cortés in 1521.
18 letter words starting with cla
- claustrophobically — In a claustrophobic way.
On this page, we collect all words starting with CLA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 596 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CLA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.