Words starting with civ
5 letter words starting with civ
- civet — any catlike viverrine mammal of the genus Viverra and related genera, of Africa and S Asia, typically having blotched or spotted fur and secreting a powerfully smelling fluid from anal glands
- civic — You use civic to describe people or things that have an official status in a town or city.
- civil — You use civil to describe events that happen within a country and that involve the different groups of people in it.
- civvy — a civilian
- civet cat — any of several nocturnal, catlike carnivores (family Viverridae) of Africa, India, Malaysia, and S China, with spotted, yellowish fur: valued for its civet (sense 1)
6 letter words starting with civ
7 letter words starting with civ
- civilly — with civility; politely
- civitan — a member of Civitan International, a service club founded 1918.
- civitas — the body of citizens who constitute a state, especially a city-state, commonwealth, or the like.
- civvies — People in the armed forces use civvies to refer to ordinary clothes that are not part of a uniform.
8 letter words starting with civ
- civicism — the principle of civil government
- civilian — In a military situation, a civilian is anyone who is not a member of the armed forces.
- civilise — To educate or enlighten a person or people to a perceived higher standard of behaviour.
- civilist — a civilian
- civility — politeness or courtesy, esp when formal
9 letter words starting with civ
- civetlike — resembling a civet
- civically — of or relating to a city; municipal: civic problems.
- civilians — Plural form of civilian.
- civilised — to bring out of a savage, uneducated, or rude state; make civil; elevate in social and private life; enlighten; refine: Rome civilized the barbarians.
- civiliser — Alternative form of civilizer.
10 letter words starting with civ
11 letter words starting with civ
- civilianize — to change the status of (an armed force, a base, etc) from military to nonmilitary
12 letter words starting with civ
- civic-minded — having, showing, or actively carrying out one's concern for the condition and affairs of one's community; public-spirited
- civilianized — Simple past tense and past participle of civilianize.
- civilisation — Alternative spelling of civilization.
- civilization — Civilization is the state of having an advanced level of social organization and a comfortable way of life.
13 letter words starting with civ
14 letter words starting with civ
- civilizational — relating to civilization
15 letter words starting with civ
- civilianization — the conversion from military to civilian status
On this page, we collect all words starting with CIV. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 91 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CIV. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.