Words starting with church
6 letter words starting with church
- church — A church is a building in which Christians worship. You usually refer to this place as church when you are talking about the time that people spend there.
- church army — a voluntary Anglican organization founded in 1882 to assist the parish clergy
- church book — any of various books commonly used by a church, as a service book or a parish register.
- church calendar — ecclesiastical calendar (def 2).
- church commissioners — a group of representatives of Church and State that administers the endowments and property of the Church of England
7 letter words starting with church
8 letter words starting with church
9 letter words starting with church
- churchill — a river in E Canada, rising in SE Labrador and flowing north and southeast over Churchill Falls, then east to the Atlantic. Length: about 1000 km (600 miles)
- churching — the act of bringing someone, esp a woman after childbirth, to church for special ceremonies
- churchism — adherence to the principles of an established church
- churchman — A churchman is the same as a clergyman.
- churchmen — Plural form of churchman.
10 letter words starting with church
- churchgoer — A churchgoer is a person who goes to church regularly.
- churchless — (of a person) not belonging to a church
- churchlike — resembling or appropriate to a church: churchlike silence.
- churchward — in the direction of the church
- churchyard — A churchyard is an area of land around a church where dead people are buried.
11 letter words starting with church
12 letter words starting with church
- churchianity — loyalty to the church rather than Christianity
- churchillian — relating to, typical of or reminiscent of Winston Churchill
- churchpeople — people belonging to a church
- churchperson — A person involved with the church; a churchgoer or cleric.
- churchwarden — In the Anglican Church, a churchwarden is the person who has been chosen by a congregation to help the vicar of a parish with administration and other duties.
13 letter words starting with church
- churchmanship — The craft or skill of being a churchman. (from 17th c.).
- churchpersons — Plural form of churchperson.
- churchwardens — Plural form of churchwarden.
- church-rosser theorem — (theory) A property of a reduction system that states that if an expression can be reduced by zero or more reduction steps to either expression M or expression N then there exists some other expression to which both M and N can be reduced. This implies that there is a unique normal form for any expression since M and N cannot be different normal forms because the theorem says they can be reduced to some other expression and normal forms are irreducible by definition. It does not imply that a normal form is reachable, only that if reduction terminates it will reach a unique normal form.
15 letter words starting with church
- church-calendar — a calendar based on the lunisolar cycle, used by many Christian churches in determining the dates for the movable feasts.
On this page, we collect all words starting with CHURCH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 70 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CHURCH. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.