Words starting with chroous
Maybe these words will be useful:
- chroot — (operating system) The UNIX command to make the root directory (/) become something other than its default for the lifetime of the current process. It can only be run by privileged users and is used to give a process (commonly a network server such as FTP or HTTP) access to a restricted portion of the file system. The new root contains copies of all the essential files and directories, e.g. /lib, /dev/tty, /tmp.
- chrononaut — (science fiction, dated) A time-traveller.
- chrome red — any red pigment used in paints, consisting of a mixture of lead chromate and lead oxide; basic lead chromate
- chronons — Plural form of chronon.
- chrome steel — any of various hard rust-resistant steels containing chromium
- chrononym — (semiotics) A term for a specific period of time, such as
- chrome tape — magnetic recording tape coated with chrome dioxide
- chronoscopes — Plural form of chronoscope.
- chrome yellow — any yellow pigment consisting of lead chromate mixed with lead sulphate