Words starting with chrom
6 letter words starting with chrom
7 letter words starting with chrom
8 letter words starting with chrom
- chromate — any salt or ester of chromic acid. Simple chromate salts contain the divalent ion, CrO42–, and are orange
- chromene — a compound derived from plants, used as an insecticide
- chromide — any fish of the family Cichlidae
- chromism — Chromatism.
- chromite — a brownish-black mineral consisting of a ferrous chromic oxide in cubic crystalline form, occurring principally in basic igneous rocks: the only commercial source of chromium and its compounds. Formula: FeCr2O4
9 letter words starting with chrom
- chromagen — (biochemistry) Any compound, such as heme, that forms a biological pigment when attached to a protein.
- chromakey — (in colour television) a special effect in which a coloured background can be eliminated and a different background substituted
- chromates — Plural form of chromate.
- chromatic — In music, chromatic means related to the scale that consists only of semitones.
- chromatid — either of the two strands into which a chromosome divides during mitosis. They separate to form daughter chromosomes at anaphase
10 letter words starting with chrom
11 letter words starting with chrom
- chromascope — An instrument for showing the optical effects of colour.
- chromatinic — Of or pertaining to chromatin.
- chrome-dome — a baldheaded person.
- chromeplate — to plate with chromium.
- chrominance — the quality of light that causes the sensation of colour. It is determined by comparison with a reference source of the same brightness and of known chromaticity
12 letter words starting with chrom
- chromaticism — the use of chromatic tones.
- chromaticity — the quality of a colour or light with reference to its purity and its dominant wavelength
- chromatogram — a column or strip of material containing constituents of a mixture separated by chromatography
- chromatology — chromatics.
- chromatophil — Also, chromatophilic, chromatophilous [kroh-muh-tof-uh-luh s] /ˌkroʊ məˈtɒf ə ləs/ (Show IPA). chromophil (def 1).
13 letter words starting with chrom
- chromatically — In a chromatic manner.
- chromaticness — the attribute of colour that involves both hue and saturation
- chromatograms — Plural form of chromatogram.
- chromatograph — a piece of equipment that provides the outcome of a chromatographic test
- chromatolysis — the dissolution of stained material, such as chromatin in injured cells
14 letter words starting with chrom
- chromatography — the technique of separating and analysing the components of a mixture of liquids or gases by selective adsorption in, for example, a column of powder (column chromatography) or on a strip of paper (paper chromatography)
- chromatophilia — chromophilia.
- chromatophilic — Also, chromophilic, chromophilous [kroh-mof-uh-luh s] /kroʊˈmɒf ə ləs/ (Show IPA), chromatophilic, chromatophilous. staining readily.
- chromatophores — Plural form of chromatophore.
- chromodynamics — a theory that describes how gluons and their forces bind quarks together to form protons, neutrons, etc.
15 letter words starting with chrom
16 letter words starting with chrom
17 letter words starting with chrom
18 letter words starting with chrom
19 letter words starting with chrom
On this page, we collect all words starting with CHROM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 142 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CHROM. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.