Words starting with chr
5 letter words starting with chr
6 letter words starting with chr
- chrism — a mixture of olive oil and balsam used for sacramental anointing in the Greek Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches
- christ — Christ is one of the names of Jesus, whom Christians believe to be the son of God and whose teachings are the basis of Christianity.
- chrom- — chromo-
- chroma — the attribute of a colour that enables an observer to judge how much chromatic colour it contains irrespective of achromatic colour present
- chrome — Chrome is metal plated with chromium.
7 letter words starting with chr
- chrises — a male given name, form of Christopher.
- chrisom — a white robe put on an infant at baptism and formerly used as a burial shroud if the infant died soon afterwards
- christo — full name Christo Javacheff. born 1935, US artist, born in Bulgaria; best known for works in which he wraps buildings, monuments, or natural features in canvas or plastic
- christy — a turn in which the body is swung sharply round with the skis parallel, originating in Norway and used for stopping, slowing down, or changing direction quickly
- chromed — Chromium-plated.
8 letter words starting with chr
- chremzel — a flat cake made from matzo meal, topped or stuffed with a filling, as of ground meat or fruit and nuts.
- chresard — the amount of water present in the soil that is available to plants
- chretien — (Joseph Jacques) Jean. born 1934, Canadian Liberal politician; prime minister of Canada (1993–2003)
- chrismal — Of or pertaining to or used in chrism.
- chrismon — the monogram and symbol of Christ's name, also known as chi-rho, derived from the initial two letters of the word Christ in Greek
9 letter words starting with chr
- christens — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of christen.
- christian — A Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- christina — 1626–89, queen of Sweden (1632–54), daughter of Gustavus Adolphus, noted particularly for her patronage of literature
- christine — a feminine name: dim. Chris, Chrissie, Tina; var. Christina, Christy
- christmas — Christmas is a Christian festival when the birth of Jesus Christ is celebrated. Christmas is celebrated on the 25th of December.
10 letter words starting with chr
- chrematist — a person who studies political economy or is interested in the wealth of countries
- christened — to receive into the Christian church by baptism; baptize.
- christhood — the state of being the Christ, the anointed one of God
- christless — being without the teachings or spirit of Christ; unchristian.
- christlike — resembling or showing the spirit of Jesus Christ
11 letter words starting with chr
- chrismation — a rite of initiation involving anointing with chrism and taking place at the same time as baptism
- chrismatory — a small receptacle containing the three kinds of consecrated oil used in the sacraments
- christcross — the mark of a cross formerly placed in front of the alphabet in hornbooks
- christendom — All the Christian people and countries in the world can be referred to as Christendom.
- christening — A christening is a Christian ceremony in which a baby is made a member of the Christian church and is officially given his or her name. Compare baptism.
12 letter words starting with chr
- chrematistic — of, denoting, or relating to money-making
- chrestomathy — a collection of literary passages, used in the study of language
- christchurch — a city in New Zealand, on E South Island: manufacturing centre of a rich agricultural region; suffered major damage and loss of life in a series of earthquakes in 2010–11. Pop: 366 000 (2013 est)
- christenings — Plural form of christening.
- christianise — to make Christian.
13 letter words starting with chr
14 letter words starting with chr
- chrestomathies — Plural form of chrestomathy.
- christ's-thorn — any of certain Old World thorny shrubs or small trees supposed to have been used for Christ's crown of thorns, as the Jerusalem thorn, Paliurus spina-christi, or the jujube, Ziziphus jujuba.
- christiansburg — a town in SW Virginia.
- christmasberry — toyon.
- christocentric — having as the theological focal point the teachings and practices of Jesus Christ.
15 letter words starting with chr
- christadelphian — a member of a Christian millenarian sect founded in the US about 1848, holding that only the just will enter eternal life, that the wicked will be annihilated, and that the ignorant, the unconverted, and infants will not be raised from the dead
- christcross-row — the alphabet.
- chromatographer — A person skilled in chromatography or who operates a chromatograph.
- chromatographic — (analytical chemistry) Of or pertaining to chromatography.
- chromium-plated — having been plated with chromium
16 letter words starting with chr
17 letter words starting with chr
18 letter words starting with chr
19 letter words starting with chr
On this page, we collect all words starting with CHR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 384 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CHR. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.