Words starting with chloro
7 letter words starting with chloro
- chloro- — indicating the colour green
8 letter words starting with chloro
9 letter words starting with chloro
- chlorosis — a disorder, formerly common in adolescent girls, characterized by pale greenish-yellow skin, weakness, and palpitation and caused by insufficient iron in the body
- chlorotic — an abnormally yellow color of plant tissues, resulting from partial failure to develop chlorophyll, caused by a nutrient deficiency or the activities of a pathogen.
10 letter words starting with chloro
11 letter words starting with chloro
- chlorophyll — Chlorophyll is a green substance in plants which enables them to use the energy from sunlight in order to grow.
- chlorophyte — A lower plant of the division Chlorophyta, which comprises the green algae.
- chloroplast — a plastid containing chlorophyll and other pigments, occurring in plants and algae that carry out photosynthesis
- chloroprene — a colourless liquid derivative of butadiene that is used in making neoprene rubbers; 2-chloro-1,2-butadiene. Formula: CH2:CHCCl:CH2
- chloroquine — a synthetic drug administered orally to treat malaria. Formula: C18H26ClN3
12 letter words starting with chloro
- chloroacetic — an acid made by chlorinating acetic acid
- chlorocarbon — a chemical compound containing carbon and chlorine, as carbon tetrachloride, or containing carbon, chlorine, and hydrogen, as chloroform.
- chloroethane — ethyl chloride.
- chloroethene — vinyl chloride.
- chloroformed — Simple past tense and past participle of chloroform.
13 letter words starting with chloro
- chloroacetone — a colorless, lachrymatory, poisonous liquid, C 3 H 5 ClO, used chiefly in organic synthesis and in the manufacture of insecticides and perfumes.
- chlorobenzene — a colourless volatile flammable insoluble liquid with an almond-like odour, made from chlorine and benzene and used as a solvent and in the preparation of many organic compounds, esp phenol and DDT. Formula: C6H5Cl
- chlorobromide — a chlorine and bromine compound joined to a metal
- chlorocruorin — an oxygen-carrying substance that is found in the tissues of members of the division Annelida that is green in colour when oxygen is not present
- chloroforming — Present participle of chloroform.
14 letter words starting with chloro
- chloroargyrite — a greyish-yellow or colourless soft secondary mineral consisting of silver chloride in cubic crystalline form: a source of silver. Formula: AgCl
- chlorochromate — (inorganic chemistry) The univalent anion CrClO3-, or any salt containing this anion.
- chloroethylene — vinyl chloride.
- chlorophyllase — an enzyme found in plants that decomposes chlorophyll by removing the phytol chain.
- chlorophyllous — of or containing chlorophyll.
16 letter words starting with chloro
- chlorophenothane — DDT.
17 letter words starting with chloro
- chloronaphthalene — either of two isomeric naphthalene compounds containing one chlorine atom.
18 letter words starting with chloro
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- chlorobromomethane — a clear, colorless, volatile, nonflammable liquid, CH 2 ClBr, used chiefly as an extinguishing agent in fire extinguishers and as a solvent in organic synthesis.
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
19 letter words starting with chloro
- chlorofluorocarbons — Plural form of chlorofluorocarbon.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
22 letter words starting with chloro
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words starting with chloro
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
On this page, we collect all words starting with CHLORO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 66 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CHLORO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.