Words starting with cha
4 letter words starting with cha
- chad — the small pieces of cardboard or paper removed during the punching of holes in computer printer paper, paper tape, etc
- chai — tea, esp as made in India with added spices
- chal — a person; fellow
- cham — a member of a people of Indonesian stock living in Cambodia and central Vietnam
- chan — Zen (def 1).
5 letter words starting with cha
- chaat — Any savory snack, sold from a roadside stall in India, or served as a starter in an Indian restaurant.
- chace — (obsolete) chase; pursue.
- chack — to bite or snap the teeth or beak
- chaco — extensive lowland plain in central South America, stretching across parts of Argentina, Paraguay, and Bolivia: c. 300,000 sq mi (776,997 sq km)
- chado — the Japanese tea ceremony
6 letter words starting with cha
- chaats — Plural form of chaat.
- chabuk — (in Asia, especially the East) a horsewhip, formerly often used for inflicting corporal punishment.
- chacha — A traditional clear strong liquor, sometimes called
- chacma — a baboon, Papio (or Chaeropithecus) ursinus, having coarse greyish hair and occurring in southern and eastern Africa
- chadar — the traditional garment of Muslim and Hindu women, consisting of a long, usually black or drab-colored cloth or veil that envelops the body from head to foot and covers all or part of the face.
7 letter words starting with cha
- cha-cha — A cha-cha is a Latin American dance with small fast steps.
- chablis — a dry white burgundy wine made around Chablis, in central France
- chabouk — a long horse-whip, also used for inflicting punishment
- chabrol — Claude (klod). 1930–2010, French film director, whose films, such as Le Beau Serge (1958), Les Biches (1968), Le Boucher (1969), Au coeur du mensonge (1999), and La Fleur du mal (2003) explore themes of jealousy, guilt, and murder
- chachka — a cheap trinket
8 letter words starting with cha
- chabasie — Dated form of chabazite.
- chabrier — (Alexis) Emmanuel (emanɥɛl). 1841–94, French composer; noted esp for the orchestral rhapsody España (1883)
- chackles — to chatter; jabber.
- chaconne — a musical form consisting of a set of continuous variations upon a ground bass
- chadarim — plural of cheder.
9 letter words starting with cha
- chabasite — Alternative form of chabazite.
- chabazite — a pink, white, or colourless zeolite mineral consisting of a hydrated silicate of calcium, sodium, potassium, and aluminium in hexagonal crystalline form. Formula: Ca2Al2Si4O12.6H2O
- chaconnes — Plural form of chaconne.
- chaeronea — an ancient Greek town in W Boeotia: site of the victory of Philip of Macedon over the Athenians and Thebans (338 bc) and of Sulla over Mithridates (86 bc)
- chaetopod — any annelid worm of the classes Oligochaeta or Polychaeta
10 letter words starting with cha
- chachalaca — any of several slender guans of the genus Ortalis, of Central America, Mexico, and southern Texas, having loud, harsh cries.
- chadderton — a town in NW England, in Oldham unitary authority, in Greater Manchester. Pop: 33 001 (2001)
- chaetotaxy — the arrangement of bristles on the exoskeleton of an insect.
- chaffering — Present participle of chaffer.
- chagrining — Present participle of chagrin.
11 letter words starting with cha
- cha-cha-cha — a Latin-American ballroom dance with small steps and swaying hip movements
- chaetognath — any small wormlike marine invertebrate of the phylum Chaetognatha, including the arrowworms, having a coelom and a ring of bristles around the mouth
- chaffinches — Plural form of chaffinch.
- chain-react — to undergo a chain reaction
- chain-smoke — Someone who chain-smokes smokes cigarettes or cigars continuously.
12 letter words starting with cha
- chaetiferous — having bristles
- chaetognaths — Plural form of chaetognath.
- chain-smoker — A chain-smoker is a person who chain-smokes.
- chair-warmer — an officeholder, employee, or the like, who accomplishes little, especially a person who holds an interim position.
- chairmanship — The chairmanship of a committee or organization is the fact of being its chairperson. Someone's chairmanship can also mean the period during which they are chairperson.
13 letter words starting with cha
- chaetophorous — bearing bristles; setigerous.
- chairmanships — Plural form of chairmanship.
- chalcostibite — a mineral, antimony copper sulfide, CuSbS 2 , occurring in lead-gray crystals.
- chalicotheres — Plural form of chalicothere.
- challengeable — a call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill, strength, etc.
14 letter words starting with cha
- chalcotrichite — a fibrous variety of cuprite.
- champs-elysées — a major boulevard in Paris, leading from the Arc de Triomphe: site of the Elysée Palace and government offices
- chancellorship — The chancellorship is the position of chancellor. Someone's chancellorship is the period of time when they are chancellor.
- change-ringing — the art of bell-ringing in which a set of bells is rung in an established order which is then changed
- chaptalization — a method of increasing the alcohol in a wine by adding sugar to the must before or during fermentation.
15 letter words starting with cha
- chairpersonship — a person who presides over a meeting, committee, board, etc.
- chantilly-sauce — a town in N France, N of Paris: lace manufacture.
- characteristics — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
- charcoal-burner — a device that burns charcoal, as a stove or brazier.
- charlottesville — city in central Va.: pop. 45,000
16 letter words starting with cha
- chagas---disease — an infectious disease caused by the protozoan Trypanosoma cruzi, occurring chiefly in tropical America and characterized by irregular fever, palpable lymph nodes, and often heart damage.
- chalon-sur-saône — an industrial city in E central France, on the Saône River. Pop: 50 124 (1999)
- chancellorsville — hamlet in NE Va. (now called Chancellor): site of a Civil War battle (May, 1863) won by Confederate forces
- characterisation — (British spelling) Alternative form of characterization.
- characteristical — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
17 letter words starting with cha
- champagne-ardenne — a region of NE France: a countship and commercial centre in medieval times; it consists of a great plain, with sheep and dairy farms and many vineyards
- characterizations — portrayal; description: the actor's characterization of a politician.
- charente-maritime — a department of W France, in Poitou-Charentes region. Capital: La Rochelle. Pop: 576 855 (2003 est). Area: 7232 sq km (2820 sq miles)
18 letter words starting with cha
- characteristically — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
19 letter words starting with cha
20 letter words starting with cha
On this page, we collect all words starting with CHA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1398 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CHA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.