Words starting with cel
3 letter words starting with cel
- cel — a transparent celluloid sheet on which a character, scene, etc., is drawn or painted and which constitutes one frame in the filming of an animated cartoon: may be overlapped for change of background or foreground.
4 letter words starting with cel
- cela — Camilo José (kaˈmilo xoˈse). 1916–2002, Spanish novelist and essayist. His works include The Family of Pascual Duarte (1942), La Colmena (1951), and La Cruz de San Andrés (1994). Nobel prize for literature 1989
- cell — A cell is the smallest part of an animal or plant that is able to function independently. Every animal or plant is made up of millions of cells.
- celp — (language) Computationally Extended Logic Programming.
- cels — Plural form of cel.
- celt — If you describe someone as a Celt, you mean that they are part of the racial group which comes from Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and some other areas such as Brittany.
5 letter words starting with cel
- celan — Paul, real name Paul Antschel. 1920–70, Romanian Jewish poet, writing in German, whose work reflects the experience of Nazi persecution
- celeb — A celeb is the same as a celebrity.
- celia — a feminine name
- celip — (language) A cellular language for image processing.
- cella — the inner room of a classical temple, esp the room housing the statue of a deity
6 letter words starting with cel
- celaya — a city in central Mexico, in Guanajuato state: market town, famous for its sweetmeats; textile-manufacturing. Pop: 727 000 (2005 est)
- celebs — Plural form of celeb.
- celery — Celery is a vegetable with long pale green stalks. It is eaten raw in salads.
- celiac — of or in the abdominal cavity
- celine — Louis-Ferdinand (lwifɛrdinɑ̃), real name Louis-Ferdinand Destouches. 1894–1961, French novelist and physician; became famous with his controversial first novel Journey to the End of the Night (1932)
7 letter words starting with cel
- celadon — a type of porcelain having a greyish-green glaze: mainly Chinese
- celaeno — one of the Pleiades
- celebes — Sulawesi
- celeron — (processor) Intel Corporation's trade name for its family of Pentium II microprocessors meant for use in low-end computers. The Celeron is constructed on the 0.25 micron Deschutes base. Clock rates of 266, 300 and 333 MHz are supported. It is built on the same daughterboard as the Pentium II without the black plastic case and heat sink. Four Celeron models are in production as of October 1998. The 266 and 300 MHz models are essentially Pentium II CPUs without the Level 2 cache RAM. The 300A and 333 MHz Celerons include 128k of Level 2 cache. A special mounting bracket on the motherboard is used to secure the Celeron in place in its standard 242-pin Slot 1 socket. Intel calls the caseless design SEPP (Single Edge Processor Package) to differentiate it from the Pentium II SEC (Single Edge Cartridge). Some believe that the real purpose for the different mounting configurations is to prevent users from placing lower cost processors onto Pentium II motherboards. A Celeron is about one third the cost of a similar speed Pentium II. Hardware hackers claim that the Celeron 300 without Level 2 cache could be overclocked to perform as well as a Pentium II at a fraction of the price.
- celesta — a keyboard percussion instrument consisting of a set of steel plates of graduated length that are struck with key-operated hammers. The tone is an ethereal tinkling sound. Range: four octaves upwards from middle C
8 letter words starting with cel
9 letter words starting with cel
- celandine — either of two unrelated plants, Chelidonium majus (greater celandine) or Ranunculus ficaria (lesser celandine)
- celebrant — A celebrant is a person who performs or takes part in a religious ceremony.
- celebrate — If you celebrate, you do something enjoyable because of a special occasion or to mark someone's success.
- celebrity — A celebrity is someone who is famous, especially in areas of entertainment such as films, music, writing, or sport.
- celecoxib — an anti-inflammatory drug
10 letter words starting with cel
- celadonite — a hydrous silicate of iron and potassium; an iron-rich soft mica.
- celandines — Plural form of celandine.
- celebrants — Plural form of celebrant.
- celebrated — A celebrated person or thing is famous and much admired.
- celebrates — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of celebrate.
11 letter words starting with cel
- celebrating — Present participle of celebrate.
- celebration — A celebration is a special enjoyable event that people organize because something pleasant has happened or because it is someone's birthday or anniversary.
- celebrative — to observe (a day) or commemorate (an event) with ceremonies or festivities: to celebrate Christmas; to celebrate the success of a new play.
- celebrators — Plural form of celebrator.
- celebratory — A celebratory meal, drink, or other activity takes place to celebrate something such as a birthday, anniversary, or victory.
12 letter words starting with cel
- celebrations — Plural form of celebration.
- celebreality — a television genre that is unscripted and involves either the day-to-day documentation of a celebrity’s life or competitive challenges that a celebrity or celebrities must perform
- celebutantes — Plural form of celebutante.
- celibatarian — inclined towards or characterized by celibacy
- cellarmaster — a person in charge of a wine cellar.
13 letter words starting with cel
- celluliferous — making or consisting of small cells
- cellulose-gum — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- cell-mediated immunity — immunity independent of antibody but dependent on the recognition of antigen by T cells and their subsequent destruction of cells bearing the antigen or on the secretion by T cells of lymphokines that enhance the ability of phagocytes to eliminate the antigen.
14 letter words starting with cel
15 letter words starting with cel
- celo-navigation — celestial navigation.
On this page, we collect all words starting with CEL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 211 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CEL. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.