Words starting with cata
5 letter words starting with cata
- cata- — down; downwards; lower in position
6 letter words starting with cata
7 letter words starting with cata
- catalan — Something that is Catalan belongs or relates to Catalonia, its people, or its language. Catalonia is a region of Spain.
- catalog — A catalog is a list of things such as the goods you can buy from a particular company, the objects in a museum, or the books in a library.
- catalpa — any bignoniaceous tree of the genus Catalpa of North America and Asia, having large leaves, bell-shaped whitish flowers, and long slender pods
- catania — a port in E Sicily, near Mount Etna. Pop: 313 110 (2001)
- catapan — a provincial governor in the Byzantine Empire
8 letter words starting with cata
- catacomb — Catacombs are ancient underground passages and rooms, especially under a city, where people used to be buried.
- catagory — Misspelling of category.
- catalase — an enzyme that catalyses the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide
- catalogs — Plural form of catalog.
- catalpas — Plural form of catalpa.
9 letter words starting with cata
- catabasis — a descent or downward movement
- catabolic — destructive metabolism; the breaking down in living organisms of more complex substances into simpler ones, with the release of energy (opposed to anabolism).
- cataclasm — a breaking down or disruption
- cataclysm — A cataclysm is an event that causes great change or harm.
- catacombs — an underground burial place, esp the galleries at Rome, consisting of tunnels with vaults or niches leading off them for tombs
10 letter words starting with cata
- catabiosis — (medicine) The physiological process by which cells physically degrade due to age.
- catabiotic — Of or pertaining to catabiosis.
- catabolise — to cause (a nutrient or other substance) to undergo catabolism.
- catabolism — a metabolic process in which complex molecules are broken down into simple ones with the release of energy; destructive metabolism
- catabolite — a substance produced as a result of catabolism
11 letter words starting with cata
12 letter words starting with cata
- catachrestic — Constituting or related to catachresis.
- catacoustics — the branch of acoustics dealing with echoes and reflected sounds
- catadioptric — involving a combination of reflecting and refracting components
- catallactics — political economy
- catamountain — any of several wildcats, esp. the leopard or the European wildcat
13 letter words starting with cata
- catabolically — In terms of catabolism.
- catalytically — Chemistry. the causing or accelerating of a chemical change by the addition of a catalyst.
- catastrophise — Alt form catastrophize.
- catastrophism — an old doctrine, now discarded, that the earth was created and has subsequently been shaped by sudden divine acts which have no logical connection with each other rather than by gradual evolutionary processes
- catastrophist — the doctrine that certain vast geological changes in the earth's history were caused by catastrophes rather than gradual evolutionary processes.
14 letter words starting with cata
15 letter words starting with cata
- cataclysmically — of, relating to, or resulting from a cataclysm.
- catallactically — by or in the manner of exchange
- catastrophising — Present participle of catastrophise.
- catastrophizing — Present participle of catastrophize.
- catalyst-to-oil ratio — The catalyst-to-oil ratio is the amount of a catalyst relative to the amount of oil, which with temperature affects the yield of a process.
16 letter words starting with cata
17 letter words starting with cata
On this page, we collect all words starting with CATA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 187 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CATA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.