Words starting with cant
4 letter words starting with cant
- cant — a salient angle.
- cant dog — cant hook
- cant frame — any of several frames bracketed aft of the transom of a ship and inclined slightly to the fore-and-aft direction.
- cant hook — a heavy wooden lever with a blunt tip and a hinged hook near the end: used by lumbermen in handling logs
- cant strip — an inclined or beveled strip of wood, for changing the pitch of a roof slope or for rounding out the angle between a flat roof and an adjoining parapet.
5 letter words starting with cant
6 letter words starting with cant
- cantal — a department of S central France, in the Auvergne region. Capital: Aurillac. Pop: 148 359 (2003 est). Area: 5779 sq km (2254 sq miles)
- cantar — a poem consisting of four-line stanzas, each line having eight syllables.
- canted — a salient angle.
- cantel — Alternative form of cantle.
- canter — When a horse canters, it moves at a speed that is slower than a gallop but faster than a trot.
7 letter words starting with cant
- cantab. — Cantabrigiensis
- cantala — a tropical American plant, Agave cantala, similar to the century plant: family Agavaceae (agaves)
- cantata — A cantata is a fairly short musical work for singers and instruments.
- cantate — the 98th psalm sung as a non-metrical hymn
- canteen — A canteen is a place in a factory, shop, or college where meals are served to the people who work or study there.
8 letter words starting with cant
- cantatas — Plural form of cantata.
- canteens — Plural form of canteen.
- cantered — an easy gallop.
- canthook — a wooden pole with a blunt steel tip and an adjustable hook at one end, used for handling logs
- canticle — a nonmetrical hymn, derived from the Bible and used in the liturgy of certain Christian churches
9 letter words starting with cant
10 letter words starting with cant
- cantabiles — Plural form of cantabile.
- cantabrian — of, relating to or from the province of Cantabria
- cantalever — any rigid structural member projecting from a vertical support, especially one in which the projection is great in relation to the depth, so that the upper part is in tension and the lower part in compression.
- cantaloupe — A cantaloupe is a type of melon.
- cantatrice — a female singer, esp a professional soloist
11 letter words starting with cant
- cantaloupes — Plural form of cantaloupe.
- cantharidal — relating to or made of cantharides
- cantharides — a diuretic and urogenital stimulant or irritant prepared from the dried bodies of Spanish fly (family Meloidae, not Cantharidae), once thought to be an aphrodisiac
- cantharidic — cantharidal
- cantharidin — the compound C10H12O4, which is the active ingredient in cantharides and is secreted by many species of blister beetle
12 letter words starting with cant
- cantabrigian — of, relating to, or characteristic of Cambridge or Cambridge University, or of Cambridge, Massachusetts, or Harvard University
- cantankerous — Someone who is cantankerous is always finding things to argue or complain about.
- canterburies — Plural form of canterbury.
- cantharidian — cantharidal
- cantilevered — A cantilevered structure is constructed using cantilevers.
13 letter words starting with cant
14 letter words starting with cant
- cantankerously — In a cantankerous manner.
16 letter words starting with cant
- cantankerousness — disagreeable to deal with; contentious; peevish: a cantankerous, argumentative man.
On this page, we collect all words starting with CANT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 125 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CANT. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.