Words starting with bu
3 letter words starting with bu
- bub — fellow; youngster: used as a form of address
- bud — A bud is a small pointed lump that appears on a tree or plant and develops into a leaf or flower.
- buf — (formerly) British Union of Fascists
- bug — A bug is an insect or similar small creature.
- bui — British Virgin Islands (international car registration)
4 letter words starting with bu
- bubo — inflammation and swelling of a lymph node, often with the formation of pus, esp in the region of the armpit or groin
- bubs — (used as an often insolent term of address) brother; buddy.
- bubu — a long, loose-fitting, brightly colored garment worn by both sexes in parts of Africa.
- buck — A buck is a US or Australian dollar.
- buda — an old man
5 letter words starting with bu
- bubal — any of various antelopes, esp an extinct N African variety of hartebeest
- bubba — brother
- bubby — a woman's breast
- buber — Martin. 1878–1965, Jewish theologian, existentialist philosopher, and scholar of Hasidism, born in Austria, whose works include I and Thou (1923), Between Man and Man (1946), and Eclipse of God (1952)
- bubus — a long, loose-fitting, brightly colored garment worn by both sexes in parts of Africa.
6 letter words starting with bu
7 letter words starting with bu
- bubbler — a drinking fountain in which the water is forced in a stream from a small vertical nozzle
- bubonic — of or relating to a bubo.
- buccaro — unglazed pottery.
- buchman — Frank Nathan Daniel, 1878–1961, U.S. evangelist, founder of Moral Re-Armament movement.
- buchner — Eduard (ˈeːduart). 1860–1917, German chemist who demonstrated that alcoholic fermentation is due to enzymes in the yeast: Nobel prize for chemistry 1907
8 letter words starting with bu
- bubaline — (of antelopes) relating to or resembling the bubal
- bubblier — full of, producing, or characterized by bubbles.
- bubbling — a nearly spherical body of gas contained in a liquid.
- buccally — from the point of view of the cheek or mouth
- bucchero — an Etruscan black ceramic ware, often ornamented with incised geometrical patterns or figures carved in relief.
9 letter words starting with bu
- bubblegum — a type of chewing gum that can be blown into large bubbles through the lips.
- bubbletop — a transparent dome, usually made of plastic or bulletproof glass, that serves as the roof or part of the roof of an automotive vehicle.
- buccaneer — A buccaneer was a pirate, especially one who attacked and stole from Spanish ships in the 17th and 18th centuries.
- bucentaur — the state barge of Venice from which the doge and other officials dropped a ring into the sea on Ascension Day to symbolize the ceremonial marriage of the state with the Adriatic
- bucharest — the capital of Romania, in the southeast. Pop: 1 764 000 (2005 est)
10 letter words starting with bu
- bubble-gum — a type of chewing gum that can be blown into large bubbles through the lips.
- bubblehead — a frivolous person
- bubbliness — full of, producing, or characterized by bubbles.
- bubonocele — an incomplete hernia in the groin; partial inguinal hernia
- buccinator — a thin muscle that compresses the cheeks and holds them against the teeth during chewing, etc
11 letter words starting with bu
- bucaramanga — a city in N central Colombia, in the Cordillera Oriental: centre of a district growing coffee, tobacco, and cotton. Pop: 1 069 000 (2005 est)
- buckjumping — a competitive event for buckjumpers in a rodeo
- bucolically — of or relating to shepherds; pastoral.
- buddy-buddy — very friendly; intimate.
- buffalofish — any of several freshwater North American hump-backed cyprinoid fishes of the genus Ictiobus: family Catostomidae (suckers)
12 letter words starting with bu
- bubblegummer — a young teenager; adolescent.
- buccolingual — of or relating to the cheek and tongue.
- buenaventura — a major port in W Colombia, on the Pacific coast. Pop: 250 000 (2005 est)
- bullamakanka — an imaginary very remote and backward place
- bumble-puppy — a game in which a ball, attached by string to a post, is hit so that the string winds round the post
13 letter words starting with bu
- bufadienolide — any of a family of steroid lactones, occurring in toad venom and squill, that possess cardiac-stimulating and antitumor activity.
- bulbourethral — of or relating to the rounded mass of tissue surrounding the urethra at the root of the penis.
- bully-ragging — to bully; harass: to bullyrag fraternity plebs.
- bulwer-lytton — Edward George Earle Lytton1st Baron Lytton of Knebworth 1803-73; Eng. novelist & playwright: father of Edward Robert Bulwer-Lytton
- bumblebeefish — any of several gobies of the genus Brachygobius, inhabiting waters of the Malay Archipelago and having brown and yellow bands on the body that resemble the markings of a bumblebee.
14 letter words starting with bu
15 letter words starting with bu
- buckinghamshire — a county in SE central England, containing the Vale of Aylesbury and parts of the Chiltern Hills: the geographic and ceremonial county includes Milton Keynes, which became an independent unitary authority in 1997. Administrative centre: Aylesbury. Pop (excluding Milton Keynes): 478 000 (2003 est). Area (excluding Milton Keynes): 1568 sq km (605 sq miles)
- bullnose-header — Also called bullnose header. a brick having one of the edges across its width rounded for laying as a header in a sill or the like.
- bullock's-heart — the large, edible fruit of a tropical American tree, Annona reticulata.
16 letter words starting with bu
17 letter words starting with bu
18 letter words starting with bu
- bullnose-stretcher — Also called bullnose stretcher. a brick having one of the edges along its length rounded for laying as a stretcher in a sill or the like.
20 letter words starting with bu
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
On this page, we collect all words starting with BU. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1817 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with BU. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.