Words starting with br
2 letter words starting with br
- br — (networking) The country code for Brazil.
3 letter words starting with br
4 letter words starting with br
5 letter words starting with br
- br'er — brother: usually prefixed to a name
- braai — to grill or roast (meat) over open coals
- brace — If you brace yourself for something unpleasant or difficult, you prepare yourself for it.
- brach — a bitch hound
- bract — a specialized leaf, usually smaller than the foliage leaves, with a single flower or inflorescence growing in its axil
6 letter words starting with br
- braata — a small portion added to a purchase of food by a market vendor, to encourage the customer to return
- braced — something that holds parts together or in place, as a clasp or clamp.
- bracer — a person or thing that braces
- braces — a pair of straps worn over the shoulders by men for holding up the trousers
- brady- — indicating slowness
7 letter words starting with br
- brabant — a former duchy of W Europe: divided when Belgium became independent (1830), the south forming the Belgian provinces of Antwerp and Brabant and the north forming the province of North Brabant in the Netherlands
- brabble — to quarrel noisily over trifles
- brabham — Sir John Arthur, known as Jack. 1926–2014, Australian motor-racing driver: Formula One world champion 1959, 1960, and 1966
- braccia — an old Italian unit of length, usually about 26 or 27 inches (66 or 68 cm), but varying between 18 and 28 inches (46 and 71 cm).
- braccio — an Italian unit of measurement based on the length of a man's arm and roughly equivalent to two feet
8 letter words starting with br
9 letter words starting with br
10 letter words starting with br
- bra-burner — a contemptuous term used to refer to an ardent or militant feminist or to someone perceived as such.
- braaivleis — a picnic at which meat is cooked over an open fire; a barbecue
- brachiator — any primate which swings by its arms from one hold to the next
- brachiopod — any marine invertebrate animal of the phylum Brachiopoda, having a ciliated feeding organ (lophophore) and a shell consisting of dorsal and ventral valves
- brachydome — a dome whose face is parallel to the brachydiagonal axis in a crystal
11 letter words starting with br
- brachialgia — pain in the nerves of the upper arm.
- brachiating — Botany. having widely spreading branches in alternate pairs.
- brachiation — locomotion accomplished by swinging by the arms from one hold to another.
- brachiosaur — any of a genus (Brachiosaurus) of huge Jurassic sauropods having longer forelegs than hind legs and nostrils high on the forehead
- brachyodont — (of mammals, such as humans) having teeth with short crowns
12 letter words starting with br
- brachycerous — (of insects) having short antennae
- brachycranic — having a cranial index of 81.0–85.4.
- bradykinesia — abnormal slowness of physical movement, esp as an effect of Parkinson's disease
- bradykinetic — slowness of movement, as found, for example, in Parkinson's disease.
- braggadocios — empty boasting; bragging.
13 letter words starting with br
- brachiosaurus — a dinosaur of the genus Brachiosaurus, up to 30 metres long: the largest land animal ever known
- brachydactyly — abnormal shortness of the fingers and toes.
- brachypterous — having very short or incompletely developed wings
- brachytherapy — a form of radiotherapy in which sealed sources of radioactive material are inserted temporarily into body cavities or directly into tumours
- braggadocious — boastful
14 letter words starting with br
- brachycephalic — having a head nearly as broad from side to side as from front to back, esp one with a cephalic index over 80
- brachydactylia — abnormal shortness of the fingers and toes.
- brachydactylic — having abnormally short fingers or toes
- branchiostegal — of or relating to the operculum covering the gill slits of fish
- braunschweiger — a smoked liver sausage, named after the city of Braunschweig
15 letter words starting with br
- brachiocephalic — of, relating to, or supplying the arm and head
- brachistochrone — the curve between two points through which a body moves under the force of gravity in a shorter time than for any other curve; the path of quickest descent
- brachystomatous — having a short proboscis, as certain insects.
- branchiostegous — branchiostegal.
- brights-disease — a disease characterized by albuminuria and heightened blood pressure.
16 letter words starting with br
- branchiopneustic — breathing by means of gills, as certain aquatic insect larvae.
- bread-and-butter — providing a livelihood or basic source of income; supplying the basic needs of life: a bread-and-butter job; the agency's bread-and-butter account.
- bred-in-the-bone — firmly instilled or established as if by heredity: the bred-in-the-bone integrity of the school's headmaster.
- brick-and-mortar — pertaining to conventional stores, businesses, etc., having physical buildings and facilities, as opposed to Internet or remote services.
- bright-blindness — blindness occurring in sheep grazing pastures heavily infested with bracken
On this page, we collect all words starting with BR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2156 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with BR. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.