Words starting with ath
5 letter words starting with ath
- athan — Alternative spelling of azan.
- athar — attar (def 1).
- athel — a male given name.
- athol — a city in central Massachusetts.
- athos — Mount, the easternmost of three prongs of the peninsula of Chalcidice, in NE Greece: site of an autonomous theocracy constituted of 20 monasteries. 131 sq. mi. (340 sq. km); about 35 miles (56 km) long.
6 letter words starting with ath
- athame — (in Wicca) a witch's ceremonial knife, usually with a black handle, used in rituals rather than for cutting or carving
- athans — Plural form of athan.
- athena — a virgin goddess of wisdom, practical skills, and prudent warfare. She was born, fully armed, from the head of Zeus
- athene — Also, Athene [uh-thee-nee] /əˈθi ni/ (Show IPA). Also called Pallas, Pallas Athena. the virgin deity of the ancient Greeks worshiped as the goddess of wisdom, fertility, the useful arts, and prudent warfare. At her birth she sprang forth fully armed from the head of her father, Zeus. Compare Minerva.
- athens — the capital of Greece, in the southeast near the Saronic Gulf: became capital after independence in 1834; ancient city-state, most powerful in the 5th century bc; contains the hill citadel of the Acropolis. Pop: 3 238 000 (2005 est)
7 letter words starting with ath
- athalia — a queen of Judah, daughter of Ahab
- athamas — a king of Orchomenus in Boeotia; the father of Phrixus and Helle by his first wife Nephele, whom he deserted for Ino
- athanor — an alchemist's oven or furnace that continuously supplies its own fuel and thereby sustains an unchanging temperature
- atheism — Atheism is the belief that there is no God. Compare agnosticism.
- atheist — An atheist is a person who believes that there is no God. Compare agnostic.
8 letter words starting with ath
- athaliah — a daughter of Ahab and Jezebel and usurper of the throne of Judah, reigned 842–837 b.c. II Kings 11:1–3.
- athanasy — an absence of death or the condition of everlasting life
- atheists — Plural form of atheist.
- atheldom — (rare) The state or condition of being athel or noble; nobility.
- atheling — (in Anglo-Saxon England) a prince of any of the royal dynasties
9 letter words starting with ath
- athabasca — river rising in the Rocky Mountains of SW Alberta, Canada, and flowing northeast into Lake Athabasca: 765 mi (1,231 km)
- athabaska — a river in W Canada, rising in the Rocky Mountains and flowing northeast to Lake Athabaska. Length: 1230 km (765 miles)
- athanasia — deathlessness; immortality.
- atheistic — Atheistic means connected with or holding the belief that there is no God.
- athelings — Plural form of atheling.
10 letter words starting with ath
- athabascan — a family of languages spoken by American Indians in most of inland northwest Canada and Alaska, in coastal Oregon and California, and in Arizona and the Rio Grande basin, and including especially Navajo, Apache, and Chipewyan. Compare family (def 14).
- athabaskan — a family of North American Indian languages, including Chipewyan, Hupa, and Navajo
- athanasian — of or relating to Athanasius or to the doctrines ascribed to him.
- athanasius — Saint. ?296–373 ad, patriarch of Alexandria who championed Christian orthodoxy against Arianism. Feast day: May 2
- athapascan — a group of North American Indian languages belonging to the Na-Dene phylum, including Apache and Navaho
11 letter words starting with ath
- atheistical — pertaining to or characteristic of atheists or atheism; containing, suggesting, or disseminating atheism: atheistic literature; atheistic people.
- atheophobia — Fear or hatred of atheism or atheists.
- atherectomy — the removal of plaque from an artery by means of a tiny rotating cutting blade inserted through a catheter.
- athermanous — capable of stopping radiant heat or infrared radiation
- atherogenic — causing atheroma
12 letter words starting with ath
- atharva-veda — the fourth and latest Veda, largely consisting of priestly spells and incantations
- atheological — having an aversion or resistance to theology
- atheoretical — having no connection with and not founded on theory
- atheromatous — a sebaceous cyst.
- athletically — physically active and strong; good at athletics or sports: an athletic child.
13 letter words starting with ath
15 letter words starting with ath
16 letter words starting with ath
- atherothrombotic — (medicine) Pertaining to or caused by atherothrombosis, the sudden disruption of an atherosclerotic plaque.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ATH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 108 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ATH. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.