Words starting with asia
4 letter words starting with asia
- asia — the largest of the continents, bordering on the Arctic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean and Red Seas in the west. It includes the large peninsulas of Asia Minor, India, Arabia, and Indochina and the island groups of Japan, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Sri Lanka; contains the mountain ranges of the Hindu Kush, Himalayas, Pamirs, Tian Shan, Urals, and Caucasus, the great plateaus of India, Iran, and Tibet, vast plains and deserts, and the valleys of many large rivers including the Mekong, Irrawaddy, Indus, Ganges, Tigris, and Euphrates. Pop: 4 164 252 000 (2011 est). Area: 44 391 162 sq km (17 139 445 sq miles)
- asia minor — large peninsula in W Asia, between the Black Sea and the Mediterranean, including Asiatic Turkey west of an undefined line from the Gulf of Iskenderun to the Black Sea
5 letter words starting with asia
- asian — Asian means belonging to or relating to Asia. British people use this term especially to refer to India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. Americans use this term especially to refer to China, Korea, Thailand, Japan, or Vietnam.
- asian flu — a type of influenza recurring in worldwide epidemics, caused by a virus (A2 strain or subsequent antigenic variants), which apparently originated in China in 1957
- asian influenza — pandemic influenza caused by a strain of the influenza virus first isolated in Singapore in 1957
- asian pear — a tropical pear tree, esp any of several varieties of Japanese pear Pyrus serotina
- asian shorthair — a generic term for a group of breeds of short-haired cat of Burmese type, including the Bombay
6 letter words starting with asia
7 letter words starting with asia
- asiatic — Asiatic means belonging or relating to Asia or its people.
- asiatic beetle — a Japanese scarabaeid beetle, Anomala orientalis, introduced into Hawaii and the northeastern US: a serious pest of sugar cane and cereal crops because it destroys the roots
- asiatic black bear — a bear, Selenarctos thibetanus, of central and E Asia, whose coat is black with a pale V-shaped mark on the chest
- asiatic cholera — cholera (def 1).
- asiatic elephant — Indian elephant. See under elephant.
10 letter words starting with asia
- asiadollar — a U.S. dollar deposited in or credited to Asian banks and used in the money markets of the region.
14 letter words starting with asia
- asian-american — of or connected with Americans of Asian ancestry
On this page, we collect all words starting with ASIA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 17 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ASIA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.