Words starting with archa
7 letter words starting with archa
- archaea — an order of prokaryotic microorganisms
- archaic — Archaic means extremely old or extremely old-fashioned.
- archaic homo — collectively, the very robust, regionally differentiated human populations that lived in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa from 35,000 to 200,000 years ago.
- archaic smile — a conventional representation of the mouth characterized by slightly upturned corners of the lips, found especially on Greek sculpture produced prior to the 5th century b.c.
8 letter words starting with archa
- archaeal — relating to or involving the order Archaea
- archaean — any member of the Archaea, a domain of prokaryotic microorganisms, distinguished from bacteria on molecular phylogenetic grounds and often found in hostile environments, such as volcanic vents and hot springs
- archaeo- — indicating ancient or primitive time or condition
- archaeon — A microorganism, physically resembling a bacterium, of the kingdom Archaea.
- archaise — Standard spelling of from=non-Oxford.
9 letter words starting with archa
- archabbey — An abbey which is the seat of an archabbot (high monastic rank within an order or congregation).
- archabbot — In certain Catholic (notably Benedictine) congregations, the title of the general superior, ranking above all other abbots, vested in a particular abbey, which hence is called an archabbey (usually its motherhouse, such as Beuron, which gave its name to a Benedictine congregation).
- archaeol. — archaeology
- archaical — Archaic form of archaic.
- archaisms — Plural form of archaism.
10 letter words starting with archa
11 letter words starting with archa
- archaeocyte — (in sponges) a type of amoebocyte capable of developing into other types of cells, especially reproductive cells.
- archaeology — Archaeology is the study of the societies and peoples of the past by examining the remains of their buildings, tools, and other objects.
- archaeornis — an extinct primitive Jurassic bird, formerly placed in the genus Archaeornis but now thought to be a species of archaeopteryx
- archaeozoic — Archeozoic
- archaically — marked by the characteristics of an earlier period; antiquated: an archaic manner; an archaic notion.
12 letter words starting with archa
13 letter words starting with archa
- archaelogical — Nonstandard spelling of archaeological.
- archaeobotany — the analysis and interpretation of plant remains found at archaeological sites
- archaeologian — (archaic) An archaeologist.
- archaeologist — a specialist in archaeology, the scientific study of prehistoric peoples and their cultures by analysis of their artifacts, inscriptions, monuments, etc.
- archaeometric — relating to archaeometry
14 letter words starting with archa
- archaebacteria — (formerly) a group of microorganisms now regarded as members of the Archaea
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
- archaeological — of or relating to archaeology.
- archaeologists — Plural form of archaeologist.
- archaeometrist — a person who uses archaeometry
15 letter words starting with archa
- archaeastronomy — (astronomy, archaeology) The historical, especially archeological, study of astronomy; the study of the astronomical systems and methods of ancient cultures often embracing the astrology and cosmology of the past.
- archaebacterium — Any primitive bacteria-like organism in the kingdom Archaea.
- archaeobotanist — A person engaged in archaeobotany.
16 letter words starting with archa
- archaeoastronomy — the scientific study of the beliefs and practices concerning astronomy that existed in ancient and prehistoric civilizations
- archaeologically — In an archaeological manner.
- archaeomagnetism — an archaeological technique for dating certain clay objects by measuring the extent to which they have been magnetized by the earth's magnetic field
- archaeomagnetism dating — the dating of archaeological specimens by determination of the magnetic alignment of objects containing ferromagnetic materials, as baked clay pots, within undisturbed archaeological sites.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ARCHA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 53 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ARCHA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.