Words starting with arc
3 letter words starting with arc
- arc — An arc is a smoothly curving line or movement.
- arc cosecant — the angle, measured in radians, that has a cosecant equal to a given number. Symbol: csc −1. Abbreviation: arc csc;
- arc cosine — Trigonometry. the angle, measured in radians, that has a cosine equal to a given number. Symbol: cos −1. Abbreviation: arc cos;
- arc cotangent — the angle, measured in radians, that has a cotangent equal to a given number. Symbol: cot −1. Abbreviation: arc cot.
- arc de triomphe — the triumphal arch in Paris begun by Napoleon I to commemorate his victories of 1805–6 and completed in 1836
4 letter words starting with arc
- arca — a chest for valuables, used in medieval Spain and Italy.
- arce — a daughter of Thaumas and the sister of Iris and the Harpies. Zeus took away her wings when she aided the Titans in their war against him.
- arch — An arch is a structure that is curved at the top and is supported on either side by a pillar, post, or wall.
- arcm — Associate of the Royal College of Music
- arco — a musical direction for instruments of the violin family indicating that the bow should be used (as opposed to plucking)
5 letter words starting with arc
- arcas — a son of Zeus and Callisto, the ancestor of the Arcadians who was set among the stars with his mother as the Little Bear and the Great Bear respectively.
- arced — Geometry. any unbroken part of the circumference of a circle or other curved line.
- arch- — Arch- combines with nouns referring to people to form new nouns that refer to people who are extreme examples of something. For example, your arch-rival is the rival you most want to beat.
- archy — a male given name, form of Archibald.
- arcid — (zoology) Any of the Arcidae; an ark shell.
6 letter words starting with arc
- arcade — An arcade is a covered passage where there are shops or market stalls.
- arcady — Arcadia2 (the ancient region)
- arcana — either of the two divisions (the minor arcana and the major arcana) of a pack of tarot cards
- arcane — Something that is arcane is secret or mysterious.
- arcaro — Edward ("Eddie") 1916–97, U.S. jockey.
7 letter words starting with arc
- arcaded — decorated with an arcade: an arcaded entryway.
- arcades — Plural form of arcade.
- arcadia — a department of Greece, in the central Peloponnese. Capital: Tripolis. Pop: 91 326 (2001). Area: 4367 sq km (1686 sq miles)
- arcadic — of or relating to the Arcadians or to their dialect of Ancient Greek
- arcanum — a profound secret or mystery known only to initiates
8 letter words starting with arc
- arc-back — an undesirable phenomenon, occurring in rectifier tubes, in which current flows in the reverse direction, from anode to cathode, as a result of arcing, limiting the usable voltage of the tube.
- arcadian — of or relating to Arcadia or its inhabitants, esp the idealized Arcadia of pastoral poetry
- arcading — An arrangement of arcades.
- arcanist — a person with secret knowledge of a manufacturing technique
- arcature — a small-scale arcade
9 letter words starting with arc
- arccosine — the function the value of which for a given argument between –1 and 1 is the angle in radians (between 0 and π), the cosine of which is that argument: the inverse of the cosine function
- archabbey — An abbey which is the seat of an archabbot (high monastic rank within an order or congregation).
- archabbot — In certain Catholic (notably Benedictine) congregations, the title of the general superior, ranking above all other abbots, vested in a particular abbey, which hence is called an archabbey (usually its motherhouse, such as Beuron, which gave its name to a Benedictine congregation).
- archaeol. — archaeology
- archaical — Archaic form of archaic.
10 letter words starting with arc
- arcesilaus — 316–241 b.c, Greek philosopher.
- archaicism — an archaism
- archaistic — something archaic, as a word or expression.
- archangels — Plural form of archangel.
- archbishop — In the Roman Catholic, Orthodox, and Anglican Churches, an archbishop is a bishop of the highest rank, who is in charge of all the bishops and priests in a particular country or region.
11 letter words starting with arc
- arc-boutant — flying buttress.
- archaeocyte — (in sponges) a type of amoebocyte capable of developing into other types of cells, especially reproductive cells.
- archaeology — Archaeology is the study of the societies and peoples of the past by examining the remains of their buildings, tools, and other objects.
- archaeornis — an extinct primitive Jurassic bird, formerly placed in the genus Archaeornis but now thought to be a species of archaeopteryx
- archaeozoic — Archeozoic
12 letter words starting with arc
- archaeologic — Pertaining to archaeology.
- archaeometry — the use of science and modern technology in archaeology to examine and interpret archaeological remains
- archaization — Process of becoming or turning something more archaic.
- archdeaconry — the office, rank, or duties of an archdeacon
- archdiocesan — Relating to an archdiocese.
13 letter words starting with arc
- archaelogical — Nonstandard spelling of archaeological.
- archaeobotany — the analysis and interpretation of plant remains found at archaeological sites
- archaeologian — (archaic) An archaeologist.
- archaeologist — a specialist in archaeology, the scientific study of prehistoric peoples and their cultures by analysis of their artifacts, inscriptions, monuments, etc.
- archaeometric — relating to archaeometry
14 letter words starting with arc
- arcado-cyprian — an ancient language group of eastern Greece.
- archaebacteria — (formerly) a group of microorganisms now regarded as members of the Archaea
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
- archaeological — of or relating to archaeology.
- archaeologists — Plural form of archaeologist.
15 letter words starting with arc
- archaeastronomy — (astronomy, archaeology) The historical, especially archeological, study of astronomy; the study of the astronomical systems and methods of ancient cultures often embracing the astrology and cosmology of the past.
- archaebacterium — Any primitive bacteria-like organism in the kingdom Archaea.
- archaeobotanist — A person engaged in archaeobotany.
- archeoastronomy — the branch of archaeology that deals with the apparent use by prehistoric civilizations of astronomical techniques to establish the seasons or the cycle of the year, especially as evidenced in the construction of megaliths and other ritual structures.
- archeologically — In a archeological manner or fashion.
16 letter words starting with arc
- archaeoastronomy — the scientific study of the beliefs and practices concerning astronomy that existed in ancient and prehistoric civilizations
- archaeologically — In an archaeological manner.
- archaeomagnetism — an archaeological technique for dating certain clay objects by measuring the extent to which they have been magnetized by the earth's magnetic field
- archconservative — consistently holding extremely conservative views: publisher of the city's archconservative newspaper.
- archaeomagnetism dating — the dating of archaeological specimens by determination of the magnetic alignment of objects containing ferromagnetic materials, as baked clay pots, within undisturbed archaeological sites.
17 letter words starting with arc
On this page, we collect all words starting with ARC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 362 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ARC. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.