Words starting with anum
Maybe these words will be useful:
- anu — the sky god
- anubis — a deity, a son of Osiris, who conducted the dead to judgment. He is represented as having a jackal's head and was identified by the Greeks with Hermes
- anucleate — (of a cell) having no nucleus
- anucleolate — lacking a nucleolus or nucleoli.
- anunnaki — various unnamed Sumerian deities who constituted the divine assembly presided over by An and Enlil and of whom seven were judges in the afterworld.
- anuradhapura — a town in Sri Lanka: ancient capital of Ceylon; site of the sacred bo tree and place of pilgrimage for Buddhists. Pop: 53 151 (2001)
- anuran — any of the vertebrates of the order Anura (or Salientia), characterized by absence of a tail and very long hind legs specialized for hopping: class Amphibia (amphibians). The group includes the frogs and toads
- anuresis — inability to urinate even though urine is formed by the kidneys and retained in the urinary bladder