Words starting with ant
3 letter words starting with ant
- ant — Ants are small crawling insects that live in large groups.
- ant bear — a large, ant-eating, edentate mammal (Myrmecophaga tridactyla) of Central America and tropical South America, with a long, shaggy tail; giant anteater
- ant bird — any of numerous passerine birds of the family Formicariidae, of the New World tropics, many species of which follow army ant swarms to feed on insects disturbed by the ants.
- ant cow — an insect, esp an aphid, that excretes a sweet honey-like substance that is collected and eaten by ants
- ant egg — the white pupa or larva of an ant, sold dried as food for pet fish, birds, turtles, etc.
4 letter words starting with ant
- ant- — anti-
- anta — a pilaster attached to the end of a side wall or sometimes to the side of a doorway
- ante — the gaming stake put up before the deal in poker by the players
- anti — You can refer to people who are opposed to a particular activity or idea as antis.
- ants — any of numerous black, red, brown, or yellow social insects of the family Formicidae, of worldwide distribution especially in warm climates, having a large head with inner jaws for chewing and outer jaws for carrying and digging, and living in highly organized colonies containing wingless female workers, a winged queen, and, during breeding seasons, winged males, some species being noted for engaging in warfare, slavemaking, or the cultivation of food sources.
5 letter words starting with ant
- ante- — before in time or position; previous to; in front of
- anted — Poker. a fixed but arbitrary stake put into the pot by each player before the deal.
- antes — Poker. a fixed but arbitrary stake put into the pot by each player before the deal.
- anti- — Anti- is used to form adjectives and nouns that describe someone or something that is opposed to a particular system, practice, or group of people.
- antic — an actor in a ludicrous or grotesque part; clown; buffoon
6 letter words starting with ant
- anteed — Poker. a fixed but arbitrary stake put into the pot by each player before the deal.
- antero — Mount, a peak in central Colorado, in the Sawatch Mountains. 14,269 feet (4349 meters).
- anthea — a female given name: from a Greek word meaning “flowery.”.
- anthem — An anthem is a song which is used to represent a particular nation, society, or group and which is sung on special occasions.
- anther — the terminal part of a stamen consisting usually of two lobes each containing two sacs in which the pollen matures
7 letter words starting with ant
- antacid — that neutralizes acids; counteracting acidity
- antaean — an African giant who was invincible when in contact with the earth but was lifted into the air by Hercules and crushed.
- antaeus — an African giant who was invincible as long as he touched the ground, but was lifted into the air by Hercules and crushed to death
- antakya — Antioch (Syria)
- antalya — a port in SW Turkey, on the Gulf of Antalya. Pop: 751 000 (2005 est)
8 letter words starting with ant
- antabuse — a drug, a brand of disulfiram, used in the treatment of alcoholism, that acts by inducing nausea and other unpleasant symptoms following ingestion of alcohol; tetraethylthiuram disulphide
- antacids — Plural form of antacid.
- antagony — (obsolete) contest; opposition; antagonism.
- antakiya — Arabic name of Antioch.
- antalgic — relieving or reducing pain
9 letter words starting with ant
- ant-pipit — gnateater.
- antalkali — a substance that neutralizes alkalis, esp one used to treat alkalosis
- antaranga — the three angas pertaining to the mind: dharana or concentration, dhyana or meditation, and samadhi or contemplation.
- antarctic — The Antarctic is the area around the South Pole.
- ante-post — In gambling, ante-post bets are placed before the day of a particular race or competition.
10 letter words starting with ant
- ant-thrush — any of several antbirds, especially of the genus Formicarius.
- antagonise — to make hostile or unfriendly; make an enemy or antagonist of: His speech antagonized many voters.
- antagonism — Antagonism between people is hatred or dislike between them. Antagonisms are instances of this.
- antagonist — Your antagonist is your opponent or enemy.
- antagonize — If you antagonize someone, you make them feel angry or hostile towards you.
11 letter words starting with ant
12 letter words starting with ant
- antagonising — Present participle of antagonise.
- antagonistic — If a person is antagonistic to someone or something, they show hatred or dislike towards them.
- antagonizing — to make hostile or unfriendly; make an enemy or antagonist of: His speech antagonized many voters.
- antanaclasis — a form of speech in which a key word is repeated and used in a different, and sometimes contrary, way for a play on words, as in The craft of a politician is to appear before the public without craft.
- antananarivo — the capital of Madagascar, on the central plateau: founded in the 17th century by a Hova chief; university (1961). Pop: 1 808 000 (2005 est)
13 letter words starting with ant
- antarctictite — (mineral) A saline evaporite consisting of calcium chloride, CaCl.6H2O, found in Victoria Land, Antarctica.
- ante-christum — before Christ. Abbreviation: A.C.
- ante-meridian — occurring before noon.
- anterolateral — Both anterior and lateral.
- anthophyllite — a black or greenish-black mineral from the hornblende group, found in igneous and metamorphic rocks
14 letter words starting with ant
- antagonistical — Alternative form of antagonistic.
- antagonization — to make hostile or unfriendly; make an enemy or antagonist of: His speech antagonized many voters.
- antaphrodisiac — Capable of reducing the sex drive.
- anteroparietal — situated in a forward part or on the wall of an organ or cavity.
- anthropography — the study of human geography and variation; ethnography
15 letter words starting with ant
16 letter words starting with ant
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphism — Anthropomorphism is the idea that an animal, a god, or an object has feelings or characteristics like those of a human being.
- anthropomorphize — to attribute or ascribe human form or behaviour to (a god, animal, object, etc)
17 letter words starting with ant
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
18 letter words starting with ant
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
19 letter words starting with ant
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
20 letter words starting with ant
22 letter words starting with ant
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
25 letter words starting with ant
28 letter words starting with ant
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ANT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1654 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ANT. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.