Words starting with alumpi
Maybe these words will be useful:
- aluminum bronze — any of several alloys containing a high percentage of copper with from 5 to 11 percent aluminum and varying amounts of iron, nickel, manganese, and other elements.
- aluminum carbide — a yellow, crystalline solid, Al 4 C 3 , that reacts with water to form methane.
- aluminum chloride — a yellow-white, crystalline, water-soluble solid that in its white hydrated form, AlCl 3 ⋅6H 2 O, is used chiefly as a wood preservative and in its yellow-white anhydrous form, AlCl 3 , chiefly as a catalyst.
- aluminum fluosilicate — a white, water-soluble powder, Al 2 (SiF 6) 3 , used in the manufacture of optical glass and of synthetic sapphires and rubies.
- aluminum glycinate — a white, bland-tasting powder, C 2 H 6 AlNO 4 , that is used as an antacid.
- aluminum monostearate — a white, water-insoluble powder, Al(OH) 2 C 18 H 35 O 2 , used as a drier in paints and as a thickener in lubricating oils.
- aluminum nitrate — a white, crystalline, water-soluble solid, Al(NO 3) 3 ⋅9H 2 O, used chiefly as a mordant in dyeing cotton.
- aluminum oxide — alumina
- aluminum plant — a glossy green- or silver-leaved herb, Pilea cadierei, often grown as a houseplant.
- aluminum silicate — any of a group of naturally occurring, water-insoluble substances, obtained from clay or synthesized, containing varying amounts of oxides of aluminum and silicon, Al 2 O 3 and Si 2 O 3 , and used in the manufacture of glass, ceramics, paints, printing inks, rubber, and plastics.