Words starting with all
3 letter words starting with all
- all — You use all to indicate that you are referring to the whole of a particular group or thing or to everyone or everything of a particular kind.
- all aboard! — a warning to passengers to board a vehicle, ship, etc
- all along — If something has been true or been present all along, it has been true or been present throughout a period of time.
- all along the line — at every stage in a series
- all and sundry — All and sundry means everyone.
4 letter words starting with all
- all- — All- is added to nouns or adjectives in order to form adjectives which describe something as consisting only of the thing mentioned or as having only the quality indicated.
- alls — the whole of (used in referring to quantity, extent, or duration): all the cake; all the way; all year.
- ally — A country's ally is another country that has an agreement to support it, especially in war.
- all' ottava — a direction (8va), placed above or below the staff to indicate that the passage covered is to be played one octave higher or lower respectively.
- alla breve — a musical time signature indicating two or four minims to a bar
5 letter words starting with all
- allah — Allah is the name of God in Islam.
- allan — a masculine name
- allay — If you allay someone's fears or doubts, you stop them feeling afraid or doubtful.
- allee — a path or a walkway in a landscaped area that is bordered by trees, tall plants, hedges, or fencing
- allen — Ethan. 1738–89, American soldier during the War of Independence who led the Green Mountain Boys of Vermont
6 letter words starting with all
- all-in — Wrestling. without restrictions; with virtually every type of hold permitted.
- allays — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of allay.
- allege — If you allege that something bad is true, you say it but do not prove it.
- allele — any of two or more variants of a gene that have the same relative position on homologous chromosomes and are responsible for alternative characteristics, such as smooth or wrinkled seeds in peas
- allene — (organic chemistry) Any of a class of hydrocarbons having two double bonds from one carbon atom to two others - R2C=C=CR2; especially the parent compound CH2=C=CH2 (propadiene).
7 letter words starting with all
- all-day — available throughout the day
- all-out — You use all-out to describe actions that are carried out in a very energetic and determined way, using all the resources available.
- allayed — to put (fear, doubt, suspicion, anger, etc.) to rest; calm; quiet.
- allayer — a person who or that which reduces, moderates or subdues
- alledge — Obsolete spelling of allege.
8 letter words starting with all
- all-over — upper; higher up.
- all-pass — Radio. (of a network, transducer, etc.) transmitting signals without significant attenuation of any frequencies.
- all-star — An all-star cast, performance, or game is one which contains only famous or extremely good performers or players.
- all-time — You use all-time when you are comparing all the things of a particular type that there have ever been. For example, if you say that something is the all-time best, you mean that it is the best thing of its type that there has ever been.
- all-year — taking up, extending through, or occurring continually during a year: an all-year activity.
9 letter words starting with all
- all-clear — the signal that an air raid or other danger is over.
- all-dayer — an entertainment, such as a pop concert or film screening, that lasts all day
- all-fired — excessive; extreme
- all-night — open, available or operating throughout the night
- all-overs — a general feeling of unease and nervousness throughout the body (usually preceded by the).
10 letter words starting with all
- all'antica — in the manner of the ancients.
- all'ottava — to be played an octave higher or lower than written
- all-around — You say all around to indicate that something affects all parts of a situation or all members of a group.
- all-comers — You use all-comers to refer to everyone who wants to take part in an activity, especially a competition.
- all-elbows — (jargon) Said of a TSR (terminate-and-stay-resident) mess-dos program, such as the N pop-up calendar and calculator utilities that circulate on BBS systems: unsociable. Used to describe a program that rudely steals the resources that it needs without considering that other TSRs may also be resident. One particularly common form of rudeness is lock-up due to programs fighting over the keyboard interrupt.
11 letter words starting with all
- all-dressed — (of a hot dog, hamburger, etc) served with all available garnishes
- all-expense — including all necessary or usual expenses, as the full cost of a trip, tour, or the like: a two-week all-expense tour of Mexico.
- all-nighter — an entertainment, such as a pop concert or film screening, that lasts all night
- all-purpose — You use all-purpose to refer to things that have lots of different uses or can be used in lots of different situations.
- all-rounder — Someone who is an all-rounder is good at a lot of different skills, academic subjects, or sports.
12 letter words starting with all
- all---ottava — a direction (8va), placed above or below the staff to indicate that the passage covered is to be played one octave higher or lower respectively.
- all-american — If you describe someone as an all-American boy or girl, you mean that they seem to have all the typical qualities that are valued by ordinary Americans, such as good looks and love of their country.
- all-powerful — An all-powerful person or organization has the power to do anything they want.
- allan-a-dale — (in English balladry) a member of Robin Hood's band who saved his sweetheart from an enforced marriage and married her himself
- allegoristic — writing or using allegory; interpreting in an allegorical sense.
13 letter words starting with all
- all-consuming — taking up all of someone's time and attention
- all-embracing — Something that is all-embracing includes or affects everyone or everything.
- all-important — crucial; vital
- all-inclusive — All-inclusive is used to indicate that a price, especially the price of a holiday, includes all the charges and all the services offered.
- all-pervading — spreading through or into everything
14 letter words starting with all
- all-conquering — having defeated all opponents over a long period of time
- all-or-nothing — not allowing for qualification or compromise; either fully or not at all operative: an all-or-nothing approach.
- allegorization — to make into an allegory; narrate allegorically.
- allelochemical — A chemical produced by a living organism, exerting a detrimental physiological effect on the individuals of another species when released into the environment.
- allelomorphism — the state of being or the passing on of allelomorphs
15 letter words starting with all
- all-you-can-eat — An all-you-can-eat buffet or restaurant is a buffet or restaurant at which you pay a fixed price, no matter how much or how little you eat.
- allegoricalness — the quality of being allegorical
- allelochemicals — Plural form of allelochemical.
- allorecognition — The ability of an individual organism to distinguish its own tissues from those of another.
- allotetraploidy — the condition of being an allotetraploid
16 letter words starting with all
17 letter words starting with all
- all-expenses-paid — (of a holiday, trip, etc) free, with everything paid for
On this page, we collect all words starting with ALL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 563 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ALL. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.